Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Control not getting connected to the drone
427 7 2021-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

Hi there
How are you? Hope everyone doing great

Im havving issues with my drone, mavic air 2
The control seems not to get connected to the drone
I have everything updated from all parts

I use an ipad pro 11 inch first generation with ipad os 15.0.2 and i also tried with an iPhone 12 pro max (ios 15.0.2)
The dji fly app version 1.4.8
Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.06.70
Remote Controller: v04.11.00.16

I have tried with different cables like the ipad original cable, iphone original cable, 2 aftermarket cables (one for the iphone and one for the ipad), pgytech cable for the ipad, and the original mavic air 2 cables
So seems the cable is not the problem

I have to spent like half an hour by turning on and turning off the drone, controler, ipad and iphone, and chaning cables until it get connected, but then after 4-5 mins gets disconnected, sometimes not even 1 minute after it gets discoonected.
Yesterday i tried for over an hout, and couldnt get connected at all

I started having this issues since october 14th (gmt +8)

So what could be the problem? And how to fix it?

Hope a soon answer and wish everyone a nice day

2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Drone Taiwan.  I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are experiencing this issue with your DJI Mavic Air 2  and have done several troubleshooting steps to rectify the said issue but the issue still persist. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and for not to void the warranty of the said DJI drone. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-10-17
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 21:10
Hello there Drone Taiwan.  I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are experiencing this issue with your DJI Mavic Air 2  and have done several troubleshooting steps to rectify the said issue but the issue still persist. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and for not to void the warranty of the said DJI drone. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Thanks a lot for your answer
I will reach the support section
Thanks
2021-10-17
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 21:10

I just found out that the control sends signal to the drone and the drone operates.
For example, if i use the controller scroll wheel, the camera moves up and down

Also if i press record, the drone starts recording, and its saved on the sd card, same if i take pictures

But the app still show im not connected to the drone

2021-10-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone Taiwan Posted at 10-18 02:33
I just found out that the control sends signal to the drone and the drone operates.
For example, if i use the controller scroll wheel, the camera moves up and down

Sounds like a Fly App issue.  Have you tried deleting the App and then trying a new download?  
2021-10-18
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-18 03:21
Sounds like a Fly App issue.  Have you tried deleting the App and then trying a new download?

Yes, i deleted the app
And reinstall the firmwares using the dji assistant using the computer
And the problems persist
2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Drone Taiwan Posted at 10-17 23:33
Thanks a lot for your answer
I will reach the support section
Thanks

Hi there Drone Taiwan. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please keep us posted of the said matter and thank you.
2021-10-19
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 21:08
Hi there Drone Taiwan. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please keep us posted of the said matter and thank you.

At the end the problem was dji fly app not being fully compatible with ios15
But while i was trying hundreds of times with disconnected and connecting cables, I damaged the UBC-C port

Then i sent the controller to the DJI Service center

I have DJI care refresh on my drone and i thought the controller was included in the DJI refresh

But the bill DJI  me dont show any part to use the dji refresh, i have to pay in full for the repair

Also when i first called to the dji service center to check how to do, they told me first that DJI was going to sent a courier to my hose to pick up the controller, which they never did, so i sent the controller to their address.

So, im confused on how  the refresh program works, the controller is not included?
And if it is included, why i am being charged for the repair? Im not giving an option to use the refresh so i dont pay anything.

These are the photos of the bill,

Btw im located in Taiwan, and i bought the drone from dji taiwan website, and i sent the controller to taiwan dji official service center, and my refresh still valid until middle of 2022

2021-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules