Mavic Air 2 recommended tablet list
7330 8 2021-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sYm3uRIUDmyj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 761296 ft
United States

I'm looking to purchase a tablet to use with my Air 2. I would like to stick with a Android product. Specifically I would like it to be a Samsung Tab A7. I found a topic thread that this tablet is not reliable when using with the Air 2S. Will it work with the Air 2?  Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried to find a list on Dji's site but have come up with nadda.
2021-10-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I found a topic thread that this tablet is not reliable when using with the Air 2S. Will it work with the Air 2?
It doesn't matter what drone you use.
What matters is doers the tablet work well with the app that the drone uses.
As the Air 2 and Air 2S use teh same app, the performance will be the same.
2021-10-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

OP: That device has a cpu speed of 1.8 GHZ and my old SM-T290 (see below) has a  cpu speed of 2.0 GHZ so I doubt the one you are looking at will work. Of  course there is nothing like actually trying it. I would buy a used one  from someone who allows free returns. See this topic: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=251011

Umm, I would hesitate to say they are the same. The A2s has a higher live video resolution (1080 vs 720/1080). The A2s does not have an option to do 720 although the MA2 does, so with the A2s you are stuck with 1080 only, which may be too fast for the device.....  Oops, that 720 option for the MA2 now seems to have gone away after some app updates.

It does matter what drone you use. I have found that the Fly app does not work well using the Samsung Tab-A SM-T290 with the MA2 or A2s or Mini 2 but does work fine with the Mini.

2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. DJI recommended using a recommended mobile device on the DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. These recommended mobile devices are tested to work with the said DJI drone and with the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application properly. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2021-10-17
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1523573 ft
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 19:21
Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. DJI recommended using a recommended mobile device on the DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. These recommended mobile devices are tested to work with the said DJI drone and with the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application properly. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 works well with the Fly App (I use it sometimes), but the brightness in sunlight is not so good.
2021-10-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everyone, keep in mind that there are several sub-models of the Tab A7 with different specs. Apples and oranges
2021-10-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a Samsung Tab S6.  Works well with MA2 and no issues with DJI Fly App.  
2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

straks Posted at 10-17 19:34
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 works well with the Fly App (I use it sometimes), but the brightness in sunlight is not so good.

Hi there straks. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. These information will be noted and cascaded to the designated DJI department. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-10-18
Use props
fans0ae1cd2f
New

United Kingdom

Is this forum looked at by anyone ? I too have the same problem, I was doing great till the second update, the download got to 40% and stopped. After speaking to the DjI helpers about it… they seemed nonchalant about my problem and said my iPad 2 is no longer supported. The new list does show phones that support the ma2  but no tablets. DEEP SADNESS .
2023-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules