Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I need this DRONE footage to look like that CAMERA footage.
543 3 2021-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniel Head
lvl.1
United States

Hey dji people. Drone newbie here.
Im going to be shooting video for a short film with my mavic pro platinum. The scene will be an action-y sequence shot during the day. Not sure how sunny its gonna be.
The drone footage will be cut together with the primary camera. (A canon dslr if that matters) Obviously the desired result is for the two different footages to look as similar as possible.
So yeah, the question is what settings on the drone will give me the most options in post to colormatch the footage from the other camera.
Ive watched a couple different videos on youtube where they are comparing d-cinelike and d-log. I didnt get a lot out of them. But then again im pretty new to this.
Just wondering if anyone here could suggest what settings to use.
thanks.
2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Daniel Head. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what settings they are using on this scenario and can give out the best recommendation as well with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-10-18
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

It's going to be trial and error, especially depending on the changing light conditions.
One has to watch how each device/camera handles the different/changing lighting situations.
The smaller "micro tweaks can" be done in post.
2021-10-18
Use props
Daniel Head
lvl.1
United States

Flycaster Posted at 10-18 04:29
It's going to be trial and error, especially depending on the changing light conditions.
One has to watch how each device/camera handles the different/changing lighting situations.
The smaller "micro tweaks can" be done in post.

Yeah im planning on some trial and error. Thats always the case. And im definitely aware that nothing works for all situations. I should probably narrow down my question and just leave mentioning the other camera out of it.
Really what im wanting to know is if there is a preferable or recommended  setting or mode that gives the most room to manipulate the drone footage later.  
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules