Question about video recording length
6168 4 2021-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauly.2008
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I just got my Air 2S and I was testing the video recording (without flying). I have 64GB micro sd card and I'm recording 4K 60fps. On the app it said I can record 56 minutes.

However the video recording stops ~26 minutes (it breaks the video into smaller clips, what I mean is all the clips add up to only 26minuts). There is ~50% battery left when it stops, and there is plenty of storage space left too. I wonder if this is a hard video limit for Air 2S recording or is it something I can set? Thank you.
2021-10-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's not minutes, it's a file size limitation of about 3.7GB.
If you reduce the video resolution you can fit a lot more time in 3.7 GB but there's no way around the file size limitation.
But who wants to watch every second of a whole flight in one take anyway?
2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pauly.2008. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2021-10-18
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I need to ask: why would you film 26 minutes straight? Just film the shots you need.
2021-10-18
Use props
pauly.2008
lvl.1

United States

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Yes, I understand the video is splitted to smaller clips so each can be fit in 4GB size, and that is not the question. It generates ~6 video clips for the ~26mintues recording. My question is the video recording stops ~26 minutes while there is plenty of bettary and storage (it stops means no more smaller clips are generated). I wonder if that is normal behavior or is it something we can change?

I want to film 56 minutes straight. I'm using it as a stationary camera to capture a sport event (not my primary use of the drone but figured it could be used for that), it is frustrating to having to restart recording from time to time... Thank you.
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules