Flying while within Enhanced Warning Zone
9216 8 2021-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7fNHClQt7ywt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 872392 ft
United States

I am visiting my brother this weekend who happens to live within an "Enhanced Warning Zone" I have a Mini 2 which does not require registration with the FAA.

Will I be able to fly or will the drone be locked until I apply for an "Unlocking License" AND obtain "valid legal permission" to fly? I've never needed to go through this process. Is it a hassle or would we be better off driving outside the warning zone before flying?

Once my brother sees my Mini 2 he's gonna want one but won't be happy if he has to jump through hoops just to fly.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
2021-10-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If this is just a yellow zone you will be able to fly after ticking a box at the start of the flight.   If its blue or red you will need to get permission to fly first.
2021-10-19
Use props
djiuser_7fNHClQt7ywt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 872392 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-19 00:51
If this is just a yellow zone you will be able to fly after ticking a box at the start of the flight.   If its blue or red you will need to get permission to fly first.

Thanks for the reply. He lives in the yellow zone so that sounds like it’ll be an easy step.
2021-10-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_7fNHClQt7ywt Posted at 10-19 07:20
Thanks for the reply. He lives in the yellow zone so that sounds like it’ll be an easy step.

Yes,   No bother at all.
2021-10-19
Use props
djiuser_0wTyuQeXj3NE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1652090 ft
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 2021-10-19 00:51

On my app the enhanced warning looks more like orange, can I fly there?
2022-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_0wTyuQeXj3NE Posted at 11-28 10:57
On my app the enhanced warning looks more like orange, can I fly there?

Perhaps post a screen shot.
2022-11-28
Use props
djiuser_QbGEAUUvqErA
New

United Kingdom

I understand I can't fly to close to the airports but I'm just hoping to get your opinion on several of the slightly orange areas?
2023-10-9
Use props
Fuxflight
lvl.1

Norway

djiuser_QbGEAUUvqErA Posted at 2023-10-9 14:28
[view_image]I understand I can't fly to close to the airports but I'm just hoping to get your opinion on several of the slightly orange areas?

https://www.dji.com/no/flysafe/introduction
3-19 23:49
Use props
djiuser_uG8xSf88IVYW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200269 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Last year I geo unlocked my mini pro3 as I needed to fly within Belfast Aldergrove Airport red zone for filming, getting the permissions from CAA etc.
Looking now on GEO zone information fly-safe.dji.com. The Aldergrove area is in the Orange 'enchanced zone'. Also looking around the UK, Heathrow Airport and RAF Northolt all appear to be 'enhanced warning zones' and the local prison 'Maghaberry' has no info about it at all.
I also use the App drone assist which shows these areas as 'red zones'.
Obviously I want to fly safe, but looking at the geo zone info page, it would appear that all the above zones and many more (eg all of London) are not geo locked anymore, is this correct?

4-8 12:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules