DJI FPV goggles battery maintenance
3502 11 2021-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2935351 ft
Belgium

Hello, i'm not an expert if it comes down to battery types and the maintenance they require.
I know that if you want to get the most out of lipo batteries like the one provided with the FPV drone, you have to care for it regarding storage voltage, not depleting it completely etc... etc...

I was wondering if the same goes for the goggle batteries aswell? Because these seem to also be lipo 2S batteries?

Haven't found much information regarding maintenance for the goggle batteries specifically, so i guess i give it a go here
2021-10-18
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

For the DJI FPV batteries they are smart batteries and they self-discharge at the right storage voltage ... so in theory you don't have to do anything.

The 2s batteries of the goggles do not have this function and in theory if you do not use them for a long time you should take them to a storage charge ....

I almost always use them so I recharge them as soon as I go down to 30% of their recharge.

If I were not to use them, I would load them with three of the access LEDs ...... which should be indicatively the optimal situation to keep them.

What is important with the arrival of low temperatures is to always keep the batteries warm before using them ..... and consider that the performance at low temperatures decreases.

So the flight planning should take these variables into consideration in order to avoid unpleasant inconveniences especially if you push the drone in more freestyle maneuvers as you like to do.

With freestyle builds when I had no experience in winter I paid for the loss of performance of lipo batteries on my skin !!
2021-10-18
Use props
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Belgium

Max90payneFPV Posted at 10-18 05:40
Hello !!

For the DJI FPV batteries they are smart batteries and they self-discharge at the right storage voltage ... so in theory you don't have to do anything.

Thanks, i figured they needed special attention like Lipo's do... kind of weird they don't include this info in the drone guide...

"With freestyle builds when I had no experience in winter I paid for the loss of performance of lipo batteries on my skin !!"

Sounds painful, what happened?
2021-10-18
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Italy

Hello !!

It happened that I tried to fly in winter with very low temperatures (-10) as I flew in summer and pushed the drone to the maximum !!!

Too bad that with the cold not only the battery life decreases over time but also the voltage and amperage that can give the battery can have performance drops ...

So low voltage to VTX and total darkness and drone fall !!

Luckily some repairable damage being a build !!

You learn by making mistakes !!

In the world of FPV flight, getting information and studying is never enough !!

Have a nice flight and keep it up !!

I saw your latest video compliments
2021-10-18
Use props
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Belgium

Max90payneFPV Posted at 10-18 09:33
Hello !!

It happened that I tried to fly in winter with very low temperatures (-10) as I flew in summer and pushed the drone to the maximum !!!

Thanks for info, good to know!
Although i'm quite certain the dji drone safety measure if that would ever happen.
But i'll just make sure to never fly on very cold days.
2021-10-18
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Italy

Hello !!!

The DJI FPV has very specific protections and safety procedures !!
If the battery temperature is too low it shouldn't even take off !!

Of course, in flying with FPV builds, everything is in the hands of the pilot .... but here is also the beauty of this fantastic passion for flying with drones !!
2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FPVSlice. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference I will post a DJI link where in you can find the DJI FPV Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ty_Guidelines_9.pdf ) for your to be able to properly maintain your DJI intelligent flight batteries. Thank you.

2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_2aQTfFa0skUI
New
Flight distance : 10689 ft
Colombia

Hi everyone!... Hope y'all are doing well!

Thanks for all these valuable reviews!

Right now, I'm looking for answers due to my Lipo Battery for FPV GOGGLES V2 was suddenly shutdown and doesn't get recharged.

When I tried check battery levels, first LED blinks like it is discharged. Then, when got connected for charge... Only first LED blinks about 3 times per second. And nothing else happens!... Now, I'm desperate looking for help like a child who needs to get his toy fixed. So...
Please, if somebody read this... S.O.S

Peace!
2022-1-25
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 2021-10-18 09:33
Hello !!

I better look out then I have made more than a few flights at -30. I do know I have FUBAR the battery as now I only get about 5min of flight, but it's never just cut out lol!
2022-1-26
Use props
FPVSlice
lvl.4
Belgium

fishdip. Posted at 1-26 13:20
I better look out then I have made more than a few flights at -30. I do know I have FUBAR the battery as now I only get about 5min of flight, but it's never just cut out lol!

O wow, -30??? That's pretty impressive.
2022-1-27
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

FPVSlice Posted at 1-27 02:50
O wow, -30??? That's pretty impressive.

And that is not even flight temp lol
2022-3-2
Use props
ro_flyer