2108 8 2021-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11953209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have recently been experiencing terrible issues with the DJI CrystalSky 7.85". The app will crash mid-flight, then it will ask me to close the app or wait. At that point, nothing on the screen functions, sometime the drone will stay connected, and sometimes it won't. I have also had the app completely close/black screen while the drone is up. My last shoot I had my iPhone as back up and it worked fine leading me to believe that my issues are with the CrystalSky. I have reset the CrystalSky numerous times. Downloaded the new firmware numerous times even trying to download via wifi - that didn't work so tried downloading it to a micro sd card and that didn't work.  When I reset my CrystalSky the version keeps showing V03.00.02.00 - I have read that there are issues with this version. Does anyone know what to do? Thank you
2021-10-19
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Carson, unfortunately by downlading the newest firmware you basically sealed your fate. The newest firmware which I believe is from 2019 was supposed to keep the device cooler.  Unfortunately it did a number of things which were not positive. The most negative thing is that it does not allow you to go back to previous versions of the firmware.

The previous version of the firmware which I have allows you to go back if you wish so that if one firmware does not work, you can try another.

Aso, DJI locked this thing down on purpose. They did not put a traditional Android system on it but instead chose to lock it down with an altered system.

You can expect zero support from DJI. They will give you lines like "Our enginners are working on this and we will get back to you" or tell you to go to different forums or youtube site which basically tells you nothing.

They want the Crystal Sky to just go away becuase they want to go onto their next greatest venture while forgetting about the loyal customers that already bought their products.

Best of luck with your dilemma. I am hoping someone will root the thing thereby allowing us to use it the way we want!

2021-10-21
Use props
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

jazzyjeff Posted at 10-21 06:21
Carson, unfortunately by downlading the newest firmware you basically sealed your fate. The newest firmware which I believe is from 2019 was supposed to keep the device cooler.  Unfortunately it did a number of things which were not positive. The most negative thing is that it does not allow you to go back to previous versions of the firmware.

The previous version of the firmware which I have allows you to go back if you wish so that if one firmware does not work, you can try another.

Thank you for you for your reply. I guess theres nothing I can do.. this really sucks...
2021-10-21
Use props
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Finally, somehow get rid of the old Firmware and downgraded to v02.06.06.00, lets see.
2021-12-3
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Carson Talbert Posted at 12-3 08:39
Finally, somehow get rid of the old Firmware and downgraded to v02.06.06.00, lets see.

Just curious, how (process)  you were able to downgrade the firmware and what version you end up using.  Please share.
2021-12-9
Use props
Mike Shock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81385 ft
Russia

Carson Talbert Posted at 2021-12-3 08:39

Is it really possible to downgrade?
2022-1-5
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Mike Shock Posted at 1-5 01:20
Is it really possible to downgrade?

My research tells me its possible.  It's not simple, there's a lot of side loading and re-coding and a high probability that you can 'brick' your crystalsky if you make a mistake during the process.

Too risky if you ask me.
2022-1-8
Use props
Mike Shock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81385 ft
Russia

@Joecos
Is there some link to the description how to perform the downgrade?
2022-1-10
Use props
Carson Talbert
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey all,

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to get a couple different flights in before I was sure it worked. So far so good.

So what I did was reset my CrystalSky (7.85'') then downloaded the CrystalSky Firmware (7.85'') v02.06.06.00 firmware onto a micro SD card from https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/crystalsky. Then I put the micro SD card with the Firmware v02.06.06.00 into the CrystalSky (7.85'') and updated the CrystalSky to that firmware. I did this about three times before it started working.. but the very last time was different because I kept the micro SD card in the CrystalSky. I know from another pilot they said it took them multiple attempts to get it to work as well.

So to clarify, download the firmware to a micro SD card, insert the micro SD card, update the CrystalSky via SD card and keep the card inserted even after you're done, just leave it in there. Give it about 3 try's if it doesn't work the first time. Info on how to do that is on CrystalSky Firmware Upgrade Guide which is down on that link above.

Good Luck.
2022-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules