Roll axis on Ronin S
1713 2 2021-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GimbalNoob
New

United States

Hi, I just recently purhcased a Ronin S and I'm having difficulty balancing the roll motor. I can get it level when the camera is facing straight, but it always reverts back to original straight position when I try to put it at a 45 degree angle. I have read that for heavier cameras, this is common and won't hurt the motors too much, but although my balance test says excellent for everything, my gimbal stiffness is in the 50s and under Strength, it is also above 5. For exampe, my tilt axis is at 20 even though it is balanced just fine. I also have read that using the riser plate can help balance the roll axis did anyone have any luck with this?
2021-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Due to the camera weight, the roll axis arm tilts and the arm lock is not orthogonal.
Therefore, the roll axis cannot be fixed.
The customer can lift the roll axis arm a little when tightening the knobs on the tilt motor to lock arms orthogonally.
Thanks to Ronin-S motor stiffness, the gimbal performance will not be affected by this situation after balancing the axis by yourself.
Hope this helps.
2021-10-19
Use props
GimbalNoob
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-19 19:00
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Due to the camera weight, the roll axis arm tilts and the arm lock is not orthogonal.
Therefore, the roll axis cannot be fixed.
The customer can lift the roll axis arm a little when tightening the knobs on the tilt motor to lock arms orthogonally.

Thank you for the reply. Will having a higher stiffness negatively affect the motor?
2021-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules