Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0wbJtkLAzuNv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2024 ft

India

https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/assets/files/dronerules.pdf

Hi DJI,

As per latest Drone Rules in India, The altitude Limit is changed for all Nano Categories drones from 15m to 120m.

Please see the attached Rule PDF and a screenshot to point the exact change.

We have holiday season coming in India and all the Drone pilots would love to see this change done at earliest. Many experienced flyers will not want to go via 3rd party paid options just for this approved change.
Screenshot_20211020-234332172.jpg
2021-10-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably best to email flysafe@dji.com
2021-10-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This must be good news for all concerned.
2021-10-23
Use props
maheepmaurya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2024 ft

India

Blériot53 Posted at 10-23 08:18
This must be good news for all concerned.

Yes.Drone laws were drastically changed in India and finally became in favour of Drone pilots.
But DJI should be able to be prompt about just changes and should change their app restriction frequently as per law changes.
2021-10-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maheepmaurya Posted at 10-23 10:41
Yes.Drone laws were drastically changed in India and finally became in favour of Drone pilots.
But DJI should be able to be prompt about just changes and should change their app restriction frequently as per law changes.

It has always been a slow process
2021-10-23
Use props
amit patel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 620 ft

India

When DJI update dji fly app for remove 15 meter altitudes in india??
Any idea about it.
2021-10-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

amit patel Posted at 10-24 05:28
When DJI update dji fly app for remove 15 meter altitudes in india??
Any idea about it.

Probably best to email flysafe@dji.com,   more people that make the request the quicker it will happen.
2021-10-29
Use props
Capt.DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157779 ft
India

DJI is not listening , even one moderator said he will look into it but after that no  response.
2021-11-9
Use props
Capt.DJI
lvl.2
India

@DJI Paladin Please look into this.
2021-11-11
Use props
Capt.DJI
lvl.2
India

Capt.DJI Posted at 11-11 05:12
@DJI Paladin Please look into this.

I think this is the latest update and reply from DJI support

2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_AlQQG108y21d
New
India

I tried reaching out support on their chat service. They gave the same response. Hooe this escalates soon. Both the height and the update :p
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_ULPxLIK4c03f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10722 ft
India

Guys I raised a ticket few days back for this 15m restriction and got this reply from Dji support in the attachment.
Request you all keep asking queries till the time this issue get solved.
4FF34DE9-64C2-4343-9DC4-676B4EBBFBB1.jpeg
2021-12-9
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing. email them flysafe@dji.com
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_2AXfKFiqiBgp
New
Flight distance : 8205 ft

India

djiuser_ULPxLIK4c03f Posted at 2021-12-9 15:49
Guys I raised a ticket few days back for this 15m restriction and got this reply from Dji support in the attachment.
Request you all keep asking queries till the time this issue get solved.[Image]

They are giving this reason since a long time
2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_BBiLV1GLagwC
New

India

Dear DJI,
Good Day,
Kindly update the altitude of DGI Mavic Mini for India as per Indian laws. Still the altitude is fixed at 15mtrs. India is permitted to go upto 120mtrs as per the new regulations. Kindly make the update asap.
Since long it has been not updated & it's reflects DJi support team which is not bothered to do the needful for there loyal customers.
Thanks & Brgds.
2022-1-29
Use props
djiuser_o5yui7qN4laa
lvl.1
India

Dji team,

Kindly review and update your altitude policy as per the attached reference from indian govt drone regulations.
It's been very long time that there is no update/response from dji on  this.
2022-1-30
Use props
djiuser_sdrsTKCThAqu
New

India

DJI, I am new user who just bought DJI Mini 2 and wonder it pushed an update while inboxing and connecting to IPhone 13 pro. Later, I found I cannot even take my flight above Pine trees or teak trees while in Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh and other areas across India. It’s highly frustrating after spending money and not getting what you expect from this toy.
New regulations allow this nano category to fly up to 120m and hope you guys listening to many concerns from India. Hope to see an update from DJI because drone-hacks earning money on your delays which is unethical anyways and you should do something about it. Though I don’t trust those guys however hoping DJI would provide satisfactory response in accordance with DGCA laws.

Looking forward for your support and help with releasing the new update to increase height restrictions.
2022-2-15
Use props
rajat_007
New

India

Hi DJI Team,

Please update the new height limit for DJI Mini 2 from 15m to 120m.. Thousands of drone users in India are eagerly awaiting.. Please release the update ASAP.
Thanks
2022-2-22
Use props
thephotomural
New

India

Team DJI,

Please do update the firmware according to the latest laws, its very hard to carry the bigger drones for smaller shoots here in India. It would be really appreciated if the firmware is updated ASAP and it would help us to make better content with smaller gears and equipments.

Thanks
Team PhotoMural
2022-3-6
Use props
G1581
New

India

I emailed DJI and got this reply

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support and letting us know your concern.

First of all, I understand your feelings very well. We also want to update it. However, we haven't updated it because the local regulations are not been updated. Although the DGCA has exempted Nano’s 15-meter height limit, the DGFT regulations have not been updated yet. Therefore, we cannot unlock the height limit before the regulations are updated. DGFT is the direct superior department of Indian Customs. If DGFT does not update its regulations to be consistent with DGCA in height limit, we cannot modify it, otherwise, we will face huge risks. I'm sure you can also understand our position.

Our concerned team has already emailed the DGFT for their confirmation from last year, but we haven't received any update or reply from the DGFT until now. It would be greatly appreciated if you could also contact DGFT to push them in this matter. Please don't worry, once we receive confirmation and update, we will unlock/release the limit as soon as possible.
2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_H5uVK1SPSlZl
lvl.1

India

Please remove 15m limit as soon as possible. This is weird flying drone at 15m like a child drones.
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_nlf9rYEl8i1g
New

India

Anyone found any update on this issue?
2022-4-2
Use props
YuZee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2920 ft
India

Its been over 6 months since the regulatory change while DJI is sitting on this. India has a huge potential for new DJI consumers however with such attitude i dont think anyone would recommend investing such big bucks for no use. DJI please respond and provide a timeline by when will your app allow users to use the limits of the drone.
2022-4-14
Use props
Amit Gaur
lvl.1
India

Please look into this.
Since Dji does not import drone  to India any more for existing customer it make sense to remove the 15m limit as local law allows it or atleat make this as recommendation from DJI end instead of enforcing them

I am attaching an email confirmation I received from DGCA.
I have already forwarded this to support DJI
9B404DD9-5BFD-4876-8D21-3AC86D3C02FE.jpeg
2022-4-17
Use props
djiuser_Yi6xlEvgJDyT
lvl.1

India

Irony is it even can't perform quick shots which only require 25 mtrs. And RTH is just not possible as all arround are trees much higher then 15 mtrs. So only option is to fly from a hill top but then ..If I fly from a hill top...towards the valley how will this ceiling will effect.. .Since takeoff point is a mountain top...all around it will loose alt... So to reach back to its original take off point it will need to climb up.
I mean, will take 15 mtrs ceiling from the top..or from its present location above valley down below.

2022-4-28
Use props
djiuser_Yi6xlEvgJDyT
lvl.1

India

If nothing else they should open ceiling ht for RTH, if too many security concerns...it can be without video recording i.e. as soon as RTH trigered video recording automatically stops..at least one can retrieve the drone back..
2022-4-28
Use props
djiuser_Yi6xlEvgJDyT
lvl.1

India

Amit Gaur Posted at 4-17 03:43
Please look into this.
Since Dji does not import drone  to India any more for existing customer it make sense to remove the 15m limit as local law allows it or atleat make this as recommendation from DJI end instead of enforcing them

[Image]

That's a encouraging post...
2022-4-28
Use props
djiuser_INgYff9M3jUb
New

India

Any news on the update with 120m height change ? Came to India for holidays from Africa and saw this 15m issue while Africa permits 120m. Please fix this issue as the new lndian Aviation law supports 120m height.
2022-5-3
Use props
djiuser_5DSNAWEiwzWR
New
Flight distance : 22592 ft

India

I have a of track question on the lines of Hight restrictions on Mini 2. I brought a drone from Dubai and moment I used it in India the height limit came to the scene. My question is if I travel to a different country which have lenient restrictions will my drone be able to fly higher or this gets locked at 15m ?? Can someone advice
2022-5-12
Use props
djiuser_5DSNAWEiwzWR
New
Flight distance : 22592 ft

India

djiuser_Yi6xlEvgJDyT Posted at 4-28 18:44
Irony is it even can't perform quick shots which only require 25 mtrs. And RTH is just not possible as all arround are trees much higher then 15 mtrs. So only option is to fly from a hill top but then ..If I fly from a hill top...towards the valley how will this ceiling will effect.. .Since takeoff point is a mountain top...all around it will loose alt... So to reach back to its original take off point it will need to climb up.
I mean, will take 15 mtrs ceiling from the top..or from its present location above valley down below.

The 15m height limit is from the point u fly.. So if u fly from a mountain cliff, u can go 15m higher from that point... And u can u several meter higher from actual groud.. I have tested this..
2022-5-12
Use props
fansaf020f89
New

India

I think all these dgft talks are just excuses. DJI is mad that government has banned import and they are taking it out on the customers - it’s shameful to say the least. I pity them for stooping so low.
2022-5-15
Use props
djiuser_BI0zqqMQHCaL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150043 ft
India

[TEMPORARY FIX ]
Get the rainbow app , set height above 15m , take off. Continue using the Fly app!
2022-5-16
Use props
YuZee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2920 ft
India

G1581 Posted at 3-25 21:39
I emailed DJI and got this reply

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support and letting us know your concern.

This is the most logical and straightforward answer. It’s our own govt who don’t work closely with other departments which leads to such issues. Seen it at municipal level to corporate level issues. Crazy
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_tgcp2PEQRGJ1
lvl.1

India

my mavic mini Hight only 15metre . no flying 120 meter ? last update dji fly but fly only 15 metre?
2022-5-21
Use props
skylord99
New

India

I bought my DJI mini in Jan this year. And it stilhas the 15mt restriction.

I saw some online hacks like this one . Are they genuine ?
https://drone-hacks.com/nfz-altitude-limit-removal
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_hpxSvpNUnUsy
New
Flight distance : 70377 ft
Germany

djiuser_5DSNAWEiwzWR Posted at 5-12 11:33
I have a of track question on the lines of Hight restrictions on Mini 2. I brought a drone from Dubai and moment I used it in India the height limit came to the scene. My question is if I travel to a different country which have lenient restrictions will my drone be able to fly higher or this gets locked at 15m ?? Can someone advice

Restrictions will remove to normal
It is only for india
In dubai it will get back to normal
2022-5-26
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111106 ft
India

I just bought Mini 3 Pro. Let's see if it has a height limit based on new guidelines. With my Mini 2, I had to rely on DH.
It will be delivered in a day or two. Will update you guys here.
2022-5-27
Use props
djiuser_rOsZyy5zGN4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13967 ft
India

Didn't really know that the govt increased the height limit to 120M but bummer that it's still not implemented. So is it the DJI or the DGFT who is not acting on it? I think we collectively as a group need to put some pressure.
2022-5-29
Use props
segSDHGSDAH
New

India

We need to pressure dji to do this because this is just a ripoff
2022-5-29
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111106 ft
India

Can confirm that Mini 3 Pro has max altitude locked at 120m. Received my unit today. Let me know if you have questions.

2022-5-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules