DJI Mini 2 Altitude Limit change from 15m to 120m [INDIA] [NEW LAW]
64154 103 2021-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FILMMAKER_2020
lvl.1

India

Can you tell me why DJI Mavic Mini and DJI mini 2 have 15m restriction and DJI MINI 3 Pro Doesn't have 15m restriction but can fly upto 120m? How is that possible!! All 3 are NANO Category but only mini 1 and mini 2 have 15m restriction but mini 3 pro has 120m..  IS DJI WORKING WITH INDIAN GOVERNMENT TO REMOVE 15M RESTRICTION FOR MINI 1 AND 2 AND MAKE IT 120M?
2022-8-29
Use props
FILMMAKER_2020
lvl.1

India

Can you tell me why DJI Mavic Mini and DJI mini 2 have 15m restriction and DJI MINI 3 Pro Doesn't have 15m restriction but can fly upto 120m? How is that possible!! All 3 are NANO Category but only mini 1 and mini 2 have 15m restriction but mini 3 pro has 120m..

IS DJI WORKING WITH INDIAN GOVERNMENT TO REMOVE 15M RESTRICTION FOR MINI 1 AND 2 AND MAKE IT 120M?

DJI DO SOMETHING!!
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_70HuUpYLIuJP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17953 ft

India

So, I wrote a mail to DGCA Digital Sky Support and here's the gist.

So, I tried registering the drone on Digital Sky portal. But every time I do that, I get a success message but if I navigate to the dashboard, my drone isn't listed. Even the UIN is not assigned. Has anyone gone through this process? If yes, can you please help a fellow out?

DJI has been useless in this regard. https://twitter.com/DJISupport/s ... ND1ZUBwZ7arQNS8kVQ]
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_3oZHS3h2MKNP
New

India

djiuser_rOsZyy5zGN4c Posted at 5-29 05:19
Didn't really know that the govt increased the height limit to 120M but bummer that it's still not implemented. So is it the DJI or the DGFT who is not acting on it? I think we collectively as a group need to put some pressure.

DGFT have not yet altered their rules....and you will be aware how Indian bureaucracy works
2022-10-7
Use props
djiuser_pp56HgZ5kHEs
New

Brazil

Someone knows something about not having the option to disable the recharge of my phone when it's connected with the RCN? I'm really confused because I saw a lot of videos and all of them shows an option that allows you to enable and disable the recharging whenever you want. This problem is happening with my mini 2
2022-10-9
Use props
Arun.djmini2
lvl.1
India

Is this Change implemented. I Still see the setting limited to 15m and cannot change it to 120 metre
2022-11-8
Use props
Arun.djmini2
lvl.1
India

segSDHGSDAH Posted at 5-29 09:36
We need to pressure dji to do this because this is just a ripoff

Yes - this is not implemented on Mini 2 model as well. its restricted to 15m
2022-11-8
Use props
Arun.djmini2
lvl.1
India

djiuser_rOsZyy5zGN4c Posted at 5-29 05:19
Didn't really know that the govt increased the height limit to 120M but bummer that it's still not implemented. So is it the DJI or the DGFT who is not acting on it? I think we collectively as a group need to put some pressure.

@Dji, #DJI - Can you please update the Firmware in the Backend and udpate the setting to 12 Meters
2022-11-8
Use props
Arun.djmini2
lvl.1
India

skylord99 Posted at 5-23 00:29
I bought my DJI mini in Jan this year. And it stilhas the 15mt restriction.

I saw some online hacks like this one . Are they genuine ?

this hack seems to be tedious and drives you away from DJI support. Risky
2022-11-8
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Yes I have this doubt too, interested to know as well.
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_83taSbTiYzbe
New

United Kingdom

Any changes in altitude for mini ?
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_Ns4kLojzoQRS
New

India

I know its off the topic, but does anyone experienced drone rc failure due to using litchi or rainbow app..There are many people facing this issue.. their remote control turned off during mid flight and drone lands with rth.. and rc never turns on after that..dead completely
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_ktEvxukSWwx6
New

United States

Hi DJI Team,

Any updates and ETA on this long pending issue??
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_ktEvxukSWwx6
New

United States

DAFlys Posted at 2021-10-23 00:28
Probably best to email
Don't expect any support from DJI for India. This is the email I received upon taking this up with flysafe.

Thank you for contacting DJI.

According to India Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. So we cannot provide aftersales services for you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and your understanding is highly appreciated.  
2022-11-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ktEvxukSWwx6 Posted at 11-20 22:18
Don't expect any support from DJI for India. This is the email I received upon taking this up with flysafe.

Thank you for contacting DJI.

There's always this work around - https://drone-hacks.com/nfz-altitude-limit-removal#0
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_BvV9VTUtAqJE
New

United States

djiuser_Ns4kLojzoQRS Posted at 2022-11-19 08:47
I know its off the topic, but does anyone experienced drone rc failure due to using litchi or rainbow app..There are many people facing this issue.. their remote control turned off during mid flight and drone lands with rth.. and rc never turns on after that..dead completely

Hi. I have spare RC as my drone crashed and is of no use. Would you like to buy??
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_2k9FrrI9wBlS
New
India

Up to date the limit is still 15 mts, ridiculous.
2023-1-16
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

There is a very simple solve:
Buy Autel!!!
NANO + have No limitations... In this way you can press DJI.
2023-2-2
Use props
djiuser_qWTwk2n4nG8X
New

India

Please watch my YouTube video. In it you will find an absolutely free way to fly your drone above 15 metres.It’s not dronehacks or rainbow or litchi but entirely a new app.My channel name is Kandi Rider. Thank me later on for it and if you like the method please like the video and subscribe.But keep in mind it’s only available on Android for free whereas for IOS you have to buy the app which is not expensive at all.Thanks
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_2InozspfxmAl
New
India

Is DJI mavic mini height 15m restriction resolved??? As per recent update it’s allowed to fly 120m height
2023-2-20
Use props
djiuser_zmo00rG5JiHx
New

India

I can confirm that my DJI mini 2 still has a 15m restriction in areas where on DGCA map there are no restrictions. It is my understanding that as per the new laws even a self assembled drone can fly upto 120m in zones with no restrictions. So, it’s a petty that DJIs are still restricting theres. Let the customer be the one whose responsible for following drone laws and checking maps
2023-3-9
Use props
Divyansh777
New

India

Finally we have a solution to this problem.
Also we don’t need to ipad` any money for this solution. There is an app you can download on the iPhone and Android device and it can modify the limit.
No matter what firmware you are on.
Check this video to know the steps.
Link - https://youtu.be/tHBjAVk6vu8
2023-4-7
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

djiuser_Ns4kLojzoQRS Posted at 2022-11-19 08:47

I always use Litchi. This is not normal, but I don't think Litchi is at fault here. Maybe the RC was already broken..
2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_UzB9lMR7jvX9
New

United Arab Emirates

Mavic mini also pls
2023-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules