Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
does not turn on
14727 37 2021-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AronAbella
lvl.1

Spain

Hello everyone, I have the same problem my osmo poket I have used it a little, I plug it in and charge the battery, green light flashes every 3 seconds, but it does not turn on, I cannot turn it on or leaving the buttons pressed, this is a common fault I am looking on the internet and there is about 20% of this model with that bug .. I don't know who has dji in the forum .. but please give us a solution as it is your bug! and if someone has solved it please explain it!
Thank you.

2021-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I ask if there was a collision or any operation on the Osmo Pocket before this issue occurred? Or is this your first time using it? Could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation? You may also refer to the video below to see if it helps.
2021-10-21
Use props
Saphr
lvl.1
Germany

I had the same issue. I've filmed at about 2 hours total on my device in the last two years. Left it charged in the package for a couple of months in my closet.
Last week I wanted to test the camera before going to my vacation next month and the thing won't turn on. Same green light flashing while charging. I left it to charge for a day, moved the gimbal as suggested. Removed the sd card - nothing. Same green flashing light while charging (means low charge).

So I though that the battery got discharged too deep levels (LiOn problem) and needs a replacement. I was out of warranty but DJI offers battery replacement for around 40€, so I sent it in to NL (20€ shipment cost for me).
They said the motherboard needs to be replaced and it will cost 240€ to do so. No thanks!
I've asked them to send it back to me and ordered a new one with 2 years warranty from an online store with LOTS of extra accessories (cases, bags, holders, protectors, lenses) for 160€ (LOL). I think I will sell the old one as spare parts on ebay once it arrives.
Btw: refurbished or used Osmo Pockets costs as little as 100€ with accessories on ebay or other markets. WELL DONE DJI
2021-10-21
Use props
frkk
New

Peru

Try to turn on after a few months but have the same problem, when plug it in just getting the green light flashing.
2022-2-13
Use props
djiuser_skSCINeViQqI
New

Dominican Republic

Same problem, but just taking out of the box, put it to charge 4 hours the green light blinking but cant turn it on.
2022-4-12
Use props
Johnhakiem
lvl.1

United States

i got the Osmo pocket yesterday, and all what i could do is unpack it and it didn't power on !!! read the starting guide and thought if i charge it for a while it will be good, that didn't happen , i connected the pocket to my phone and already had the app since i  got  other products from DJI and still no reaction at all , the only indication it got is a green blinking light not changing and once i take the charger of it the light goes away and not powering on !!! help needed please #dji it just got out of the box !!!! that's disappointing .
2022-4-13
Use props
detroitwrecker
New

United States

I let my pocket sit for 6-8 months now she’s dead. Green light blinks slowly and won’t turn on
2022-5-5
Use props
Angel777
New

United States

I'm having the same problem.  I used the Osmo Pocket briefly.  Then, I let it sit for about a year.  Now, it won't turn on and when I charge it, it just flashes a green LED at me... but still won't turn on.  Is there any resolution to this problem?
2022-5-10
Use props
Branny
lvl.1

Hong Kong

So it looks like I have the same problem as everyone else.  I purchased the OSMO Pocket about 1year and 3 months ago.  used it quite a lot at first.  and then stopped using it because of Covid and zero travel.  Started traveling again.  got it out, and green blinking light of death.  tried all different power sockets and has not worked.   So is there an official response that so that i know if it is dead or not ?  

Doesn't seem to be an official reply.
2022-5-25
Use props
D_Qusyairi
New
Singapore

Was so disappointed seeing all these comments where users having issues turning on their OSMO pocket. It seems almost everyone telling the same problem but what's the solution to it? I've stored mine aside for a few months without turning it on due to covid like everyone else and now whatever ways I've tried, it just couldn't be switched on. The best thing, there's even no service centre here in Singapore. Totally regretted this purchase.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_cKBnAiQVAydM
New

Estonia

The same problem. Wtf DJI ????
2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

D_Qusyairi Posted at 6-1 23:26
Was so disappointed seeing all these comments where users having issues turning on their OSMO pocket. It seems almost everyone telling the same problem but what's the solution to it? I've stored mine aside for a few months without turning it on due to covid like everyone else and now whatever ways I've tried, it just couldn't be switched on. The best thing, there's even no service centre here in Singapore. Totally regretted this purchase.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that and the delate reply. May we know have your issue addressed? If not, could you please provide us with a related via for our further check? Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
2022-7-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_cKBnAiQVAydM Posted at 7-6 10:55
The same problem. Wtf DJI ????

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that and the delate reply. Please try to charge the device for more than 2 hours and then restart it to see if it works. Besides, could you please provide us with a related via for our further check? Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_5bteXVO8KB6t
lvl.1

United States

I've got the same problem like everyone else  green light blinks but won't charge tried different cables but then i purchased charging dock that show's me voltage amp and watts and it looks like this is false charging light cuz my cosmo pocket takes only 5.0v  0.1a 0.5 w and even when lights stops blinking it still won't turn on  
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_bbhxD52iyWmB
New
Philippines

Got the same problem. I used it for a couple of months only and it was okay. I did not use Pocket 2 for several months, now that travels have less restrictions, I tried to charge it but it’s blinking green and won’t turn on.
2022-9-3
Use props
fans6c9e94a9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same issue
2022-9-15
Use props
Henry Pang
New

Malaysia

I have the exactly same issue .. how to fix it ?
2022-10-12
Use props
debertek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1257 ft
United States

Same issue here. We haven’t used the device for a few months, and now it will not turn on anymore. Four flashes and nothing else. Tried a bunch of different cables and adapters, same issue with all of them.
2022-12-12
Use props
moomalengi
New

South Korea

I had the same problem. I left the device uncharged over a year and when I plugged in the charger the green light would just blink and it wouldn't turn on anymore. Last thing I tried was plugging it in my iPhone (because I used to film through my phone + DJI app). The screen suddenly turned on showing that the battery is low! If yours don't turn on by charging it through the usb-c port, I recommend turning it on by plugging it into your phone. After I took it off my phone it charged normally through the usb-c port. Overall it was so weird how it eventually turned on but still it worked for me. I guess it is still charging while the green light is blinking but needs a little kick to turn on

2023-2-24
Use props
Led Hernando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260200 ft
Malaysia

Me too. I got the same problem. Just bought my DJI pocket 2 last month. After used it for 5 days, I put in the proper box. Last week try to turn it on, but failed. I try to charge it for half and hour, the green light still blinking. Then, I try to turn it on, but still failed. A bit disappointed with this product . Right now still in the procedure of warranty claim.

Hope to get a new replacement for the unit. By the way, how would I know if the replace unit is brand new? Is it in the box or how? Normally, the replacement unit will have the warranty started from the date I collected it, right?
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_6GNSzXcmg4KG
New

Georgia

I bought two DJI OSMO pocket cameras from B&H in 2019. I live in Georgia. I needed the cameras for a project we were doing, but the project had been delayed when the cameras arrived. I put the unopened boxes in storage. Then the pandemic happened and our NGO stopped operating for a while. Now we started working again and needed to use the OSMO Pocket cameras, however they wouldn't turn on. We thought the batteries had died in storage without being charged, however when we send the devices back to DJI they said that the cameras were out of warranty (we knew that) and the problem was actually the core board on both devices. The cost of one core board is 122$ and repair cost is 65$ (in contrast replacing the battery costs 30$ all together) We were shocked and requested an explanation and all we got was a 30$ discount. The devices haven't been used at all. It was not our fault the core board malfunctioned therefore we are not required to pay for damage done by DJI, B&H or any transportation company. Plus we haven't received any justification for the issue. It could be something else altogether. we've requested our devices back and do not recommend purchasing anything from DJI online or contacting their support. We are very disappointed that such a big company resorts to this sort of behavior.
2023-4-24
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
United States

DJI's customer support inspired me to buy GoPro for my action camera.
2023-4-24
Use props
fans69c184bb
New

United States

I just got it to turn on by pressing the power and the select button together. Thank goodness.
2023-6-3
Use props
fans69c184bb
New

United States

Henry Pang Posted at 2022-10-12 23:38
I have the exactly same issue .. how to fix it ?

I pressed the power button and the select button at the same time and it finally turned on. Thank goodness
2023-6-3
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
United States

fans69c184bb Posted at 6-3 14:45
I pressed the power button and the select button at the same time and it finally turned on. Thank goodness

Great.

More people need to try different things instead of just heading to a forum hoping for a magic bullet!
2023-6-4
Use props
djiuser_GV5Wgd7oW0b7
New

Australia

Just unboxed my DJI pocket 2 and couldn’t turn it on. Plugged it in to it’s charger as I was thinking battery is down, and this is what is happening, i get the green bliking light but also the screen keeps going on and off while charging and displaying the language selection and this just keeps going on. Is this normal? Thank you!
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_GV5Wgd7oW0b7 Posted at 9-24 13:41
Just unboxed my DJI pocket 2 and couldn’t turn it on. Plugged it in to it’s charger as I was thinking battery is down, and this is what is happening, i get the green bliking light but also the screen keeps going on and off while charging and displaying the language selection and this just keeps going on. Is this normal? Thank you!

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Is it fine if you post a video here showing the issue? Thank you very much.
2023-9-25
Use props
FAY223
New

United States

I had this pocket 2 as BD present, but I haven't use it for almost two year. Now I couldn't turn it on. When I charged it, the green light flashed three times based on the user manual it 75% charged. How can I fix this.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FAY223 Posted at 9-30 01:15
I had this pocket 2 as BD present, but I haven't use it for almost two year. Now I couldn't turn it on. When I charged it, the green light flashed three times based on the user manual it 75% charged. How can I fix this.

Hi, FAY223. Just to confirm, to turn on the Pocket 2, you can press and hold the power button for one second to power it on or off. / Press the Function button once to quickly power. If it's able to charge and you're powering it on properly but still not turning on, we suggest sending the Pocket 2 to our facility for repair. You can submit a repair request or contact our DJI support for assistance here: https://support.dji.com/
Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-30
Use props
dji_osmo_user
New

United States

Hi DJI Tony,

Here's a video showing how it performs after I've left it charging overnight: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOwfXQvmLg826FutsAjgGZ5Tr8RqRSuP/view?usp=drive_link

Please let me know if you need any other info, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thanks
2023-10-26
Use props
dji_osmo_user
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-25 04:28
Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Is it fine if you post a video here showing the issue? Thank you very much.

Hi DJI Tony,

Here's a video showing how it performs after I've left it charging overnight: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOwfXQvmLg826FutsAjgGZ5Tr8RqRSuP/view?usp=drive_link

Please let me know if you need any other info, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thanks
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dji_osmo_user Posted at 10-26 23:56
Hi DJI Tony,

Hi, there. Can you please try replacing the cable and charger to have a try, It is recommended to use a charger with an output of 5V/2A to charge but if it still cannot be charged, I'm afraid you need to return your unit to us for repair. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your patience.
2023-10-28
Use props
djiuser_4LiwBgTGyibW
New

Netherlands

The same issue here. Haven’t used it for a while, now it’s only flashing and not turning on. Changing cable or pressing multiple buttons or putting it into my phone doesn’t  work.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_4LiwBgTGyibW Posted at 12-23 11:20
The same issue here. Haven’t used it for a while, now it’s only flashing and not turning on. Changing cable or pressing multiple buttons or putting it into my phone doesn’t  work.

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. Do you press and hold the power button to turn it on? May I know what is the status of the LED? It's better if you can post a video. You can upload it to Google Drive or YouTube and then paste the link here.

Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-23
Use props
fricu
lvl.1

Romania

dji Tony, i have the same issue only that i received it months ago and unpacked it now. I tried all the things mentioned on this thread and other threads with the same problem.
It doesn't work, it doesn't start.
I receive 2 green blinks and one white, the display starts and closes over and over. From what i'm assuming is the battery is dead but it's weird because it never got charged.
So, i did this video for you to see: https://we.tl/t-lCqhTZqNbZ
What can we do in this situation and with an expired warranty?
2-15 09:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fricu Posted at 2-15 09:44
dji Tony, i have the same issue only that i received it months ago and unpacked it now. I tried all the things mentioned on this thread and other threads with the same problem.
It doesn't work, it doesn't start.
I receive 2 green blinks and one white, the display starts and closes over and over. From what i'm assuming is the battery is dead but it's weird because it never got charged.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know that you are having issues with your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Please note that we can only apply a warranty repair if the unit is within the warranty period and if the issue is caused by a manufacturing defect. We appreciate your understanding.
2-16 01:52
Use props
fricu
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-16 01:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know that you are having issues with your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Please note that we can only apply a warranty repair if the unit is within the warranty period and if the issue is caused by a manufacturing defect. We appreciate your understanding.

DJi Paladin can you tell me if the battery needs to be changed? I m asking because i don t have a proper service in my city
2-16 07:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fricu Posted at 2-16 07:08
DJi Paladin can you tell me if the battery needs to be changed? I m asking because i don t have a proper service in my city

Thank you for your response. Regretfully, we are not entirely sure if the main issue is caused by a battery and if the battery is damaged as we need to conduct more diagnostics to find out the main reason for the issue. You may contact the link above to see the best option for you to send the unit to us. Thank you for your understanding.
2-18 02:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules