RC1B not connecting to Assistant 2. (Solved)
3087 14 2021-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Hi,
My renote controller RC1B does not connecting to Assistant 2. Have new cable, but still not working.

Normally I do hear some sound from the computer when I connect something to the USB port, but not this time. Has this something to do with signature authorisating for that USB port that has to be disable?

When I connect the cable for the Mavic 2 Pro to the USB port and start the Assistant 2, that works.
Can I use the USB port on the remote to the computer?
I have also reinstalled the Assistant 2 and it did not help.Also followed the DJI video.

Thanking you in advance.

2021-10-21
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Does it at least charge the remote controller when you connect it to the PC?

I experienced a similar behavior. In fact the controller showed that it charges but wasn't recognized by the computer. It turned out that some of those little connectors in the jack of the remote were broken. Barely visible. Had to send it in for repair.

2021-10-21
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

FloridaNext Posted at 10-21 08:41
Does it at least charge the remote controller when you connect it to the PC?

I experienced a similar behavior. In fact the controller showed that it charges but wasn't recognized by the computer. It turned out that some of those little connectors in the jack of the remote were broken. Barely visible. Had to send it in for repair.

Hi,

Yes it does charge the RC, so I assume the cable is OK.

If a pin in the jack (connector) would be broken would the phone connected to it with the normal short cable not work? All function works fine though. I would like to try another cable, but at the moment I do only have this cable.

Would you know if I use a USB to USB cable work for testing if I use the USB socket underneath the RC to the computer?
2021-10-21
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Interesting. I used that same cable and connected it to the RC and then to a USB adapter to USB C and the phone. I saw for a few seconds in the beginning that it was charging the phone, but disconnect and stopped that charging. Started the drone and the RC, but never saw anything on the phone.

Could the cable be faulty or not the correct type of cable. This is a Micro-A to USB A 2.0 cable that I have. I would not have thought that there could be different types of Micro-A to USB cables, or could it?
2021-10-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Make sure you are using the right Assistant program as now there are several.
2021-10-21
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

kyalami Posted at 10-21 09:23
Interesting. I used that same cable and connected it to the RC and then to a USB adapter to USB C and the phone. I saw for a few seconds in the beginning that it was charging the phone, but disconnect and stopped that charging. Started the drone and the RC, but never saw anything on the phone.

Could the cable be faulty or not the correct type of cable. This is a Micro-A to USB A 2.0 cable that I have. I would not have thought that there could be different types of Micro-A to USB cables, or could it?

There's a difference in usb-wires partly wired just for charging and fully wired data cables.
There are also different usb port types and standards. Some usb 3.0 ports do not support all the devices. And pc's have often different types of usb ports, althou same connector.
If you have multiple usb ports on your pc, just try another one.
2021-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kyalami. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try download the DJI Assistant 2 once again from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2 ) and kindly please try using a different cable to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2021-10-21
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Visual Air Posted at 10-21 12:21
Make sure you are using the right Assistant program as now there are several.

Hi, Yes I am using the latest version 2.0.14
2021-10-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

JohnDG Posted at 10-21 16:56
There's a difference in usb-wires partly wired just for charging and fully wired data cables.
There are also different usb port types and standards. Some usb 3.0 ports do not support all the devices. And pc's have often different types of usb ports, althou same connector.
If you have multiple usb ports on your pc, just try another one.

Thanks for your reply John.
Yes, I did read about this some time ago, but was unable to find out about it.
Good suggestion about trying out different ports. I will do this.
Would you know how one could find out what the corrcet cable should be as well as what the corrcet USB port should be for this to work?
Thanks
Tony
2021-10-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-21 19:13
Hello there kyalami. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try download the DJI Assistant 2 once again from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2 ) and kindly please try using a different cable to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.

Hi there Stephen,
Thanks for your reply. I have the version 2.0.14 and have also refreshed it on my computer.
When I bought the Mavic 2 Pro it also came with a black cable and a adapter for this cable to be used between the drone to the computer. This worked fine for me and I could refresh the firm ware with the Assistant 2.

In the video about how to update the drone and the RC it was shown a white cable that connected to the RC and then to the computer, but no such cable came the drone and RC. Could you please advise where I can find this on your website, as I have been unable to find it.
Thanks
Tony
2021-10-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Hi all,

Sorry for not knowing what I am doing regarding this cable. I just called Swedrone who has the agency here in Sweden and they said to try to use the little black adapter and see if that fits the RC and it did even if it did not look like the right thing. I connected this to the black cable that came with the drone and it worked. It was just a matter of turning the adapter the right way. What confused me was that it matched the drone socket, which has rounded corner and the RC socket has square corner and I probably turned the wrong way, so I thought that this will not work.

By the way, if you are looking for the Mavic 2 pro/zoom intelligent flight batteries, they have fresh one made this year in stock.

Cheers and thanks again all.
Tony
2021-10-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

kyalami Posted at 10-22 00:31
Thanks for your reply John.
Yes, I did read about this some time ago, but was unable to find out about it.
Good suggestion about trying out different ports. I will do this.

Hi Tony,

on the dji website the specs only speak of the supported ports being lightning (apple), micro-usb(type b) and usb-c. But that is merely the form factor. It doesn´t tell anything about the usb type the connectors on the RC1B.

In this article about just usb-c, you will find a table with the different speeds of a usb-c port depending on the technology behind it (the generation).
https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/what-is-usb-c-an-explainer
So, looking external the same aren´t exactly the same. It has been said they are downwards compatible, but I had USB 3.1 connectors on my pc that wouldn´t support my usb 3.0 memory stick. The same stick worked on a 2.0 usb, but not at full speed.
It is more complex than just the outside view. One pc can have two different usb-ports with the same look from the outside.
About cables. Difficult to say until you test them. If you buy them in a computer shop, it will be mensioned on the box if they are ment to just being used for charging or full wired for data. Of course a fully wired cable will also be more expensive than one just for charging.
2021-10-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

JohnDG Posted at 10-22 07:13
Hi Tony,

on the dji website the specs only speak of the supported ports being lightning (apple), micro-usb(type b) and usb-c. But that is merely the form factor. It doesn´t tell anything about the usb type the connectors on the RC1B.

Hi John,

Thanks very much for your informative reply and all the details in PC magazine. Interesting details.

As you may have seen, I found the problem and got it sorted out. I merely just looked first at the socket on the RC and then on the drone. The drone I knew worked the the black cable that came with the drone and the adapter. I just never tried to use the adapter on the RC as they looked different. Unfortunately the cable I bought did not state what it was good for. So now I know.

The actual socket on the RC is a micro type A, so I thought that this is what I needed to get.

There are just too many USB types at the moment out there and it makes it a bit confusing.

Many thanks for the link that I have now saved.

Cheers
Tony
2021-10-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

kyalami Posted at 10-22 07:36
Hi John,

Thanks very much for your informative reply and all the details in PC magazine. Interesting details.

Hi Tony,

I saw you managed to solve the problem. Happy you did.
I always want to know the big question: "why?"
Having somewhat more information might help understanding. But as you say, it's quite confusing with the fast evolution of standards. And also how those standards are implemented by the manufacturers.
My experience is that even two usb ports supporting the same standard sometimes react different on a device.
My desktop pc has several usb ports on the motherbord. Even those ports use different chipsets. So, yes, it sure is confusing.
2021-10-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

JohnDG Posted at 10-22 16:45
Hi Tony,

I saw you managed to solve the problem. Happy you did.

Hi John,
Many thanks again for your information.
I have several USB 2 and one red USB port, which is USB 3 on my desktop computer which now is about 5 years old. Going to upgrade soon, as it is getting a bit slow editing 4K in Pinnacle 24 Ultimate.
There is a big difference in speed on the USB 3.
Cheers
Tony
2021-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules