Self Unlock Not Working
4763 8 2021-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147956 ft
United States

The self-unlock feature has been behaving erratically and not working as intended. Yesterday it almost cost me a job, which was time sensitive as there was a brief break in the weather that allowed for flight.
I fly with the P4P V2 and Crystal Sky. The self-unlock feature has never worked for me on Crystal Sky, and you cannot see any unlocking licenses as the term "unlocking licenses" does not appear in the menu after pressing the 3 dots in the upper right "...". Until recently, I have been able to self unlock up by first using a phone or tablet to successfully self unlock and then immediately plugging in the Crystal Sky. However, last week that process failed to work, and I had to use my tablet (with a dim screen) as a monitor for the entire flight.

Yesterday the situation worsened as  I was unable to self-unlock using my mobile device. I received error messages after checking the tick boxes that I had permission to fly and accepted responsibility. I was able to go online using my phone, access DJI website self unlock page and apply for self unlocking using the process where you input your Flight Controller S/N. I imported the unlocking licenses into the aircraft, and began to take off. I got the warning about being in restricted airspace along with the three check boxes, which I ticked off, and then hit confirm. However, nothing happened...no error, no message. I tried this repeatedly and failed to advanced past that screen with the three check boxes. Hitting confirm did nothing. Finally, I hit cancel, tried to take off and got about 20' off the ground and the drone would not move as it was in restricted airspace, and DJI had not unlocked it. I tried one more time, and this time hit cancel instead of confirm, and for some reason, I was able to fly and complete the mission.
To make matters even more confusing, after looking at the airspace on DJI's site, I was not even in a blue restricted zone. So there was really no reason for DJI to restrict my flight in the first place.

What is going on with DJI's self unlocking feature? It has come very close to making it impossible to fly, in spite of following all of the regulations and getting the proper permissions from the FAA. It has cost me time on-site and nearly cost me and my client money yesterday.
2021-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience you encountered. We recommend that you contact flysafe@dji.com and report the issue you encountered for further assistance.
2021-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-10-21
Use props
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147956 ft
United States

Thank you Montfrooij, I also posted in the Phantom forum
2021-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always unlock in advance here - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock
2021-10-21
Use props
guido's account
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325269 ft
Spain

Need unlocking urgent error code 13010
2021-10-22
Use props
djiuser_CfHeuE8NwdDb
lvl.1

United States

guido's account Posted at 2021-10-22 23:05
Need unlocking urgent error code 13010

error code 13010 means you don't have 10 GPS satellites.   I get this same error when I try to set this up inside my house.  The unlock is in the aircraft.   You can verify this by looking at the map on iPad or phone you have connected to controller and will see the green circle(the unlock authorization).   Once you get outside and connected to satellites, it will work and code go away.
2022-3-15
Use props
Viralsaber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141070 ft
United States

This happens to me all the time as well, so far the only way I can get it to work is to hit cancel and eventually I'm allowed to continue.  It's obviously a bug and it's been around since at least October of 2021 but probably much longer than that.  It truly boggles my mind that a company with as many resources as DJI has can't fix something as critical as this on one of their most popular product lines.  
2022-3-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Viralsaber Posted at 3-17 14:31
This happens to me all the time as well, so far the only way I can get it to work is to hit cancel and eventually I'm allowed to continue.  It's obviously a bug and it's been around since at least October of 2021 but probably much longer than that.  It truly boggles my mind that a company with as many resources as DJI has can't fix something as critical as this on one of their most popular product lines.

Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience you encountered. If you encounter the same issue, we recommend that you contact flysafe@dji.com and report the issue you encountered for further assistance.
2022-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules