68617 110 2021-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StavenGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73491 ft
United States

Hi there!

DJI fly app crashes immediately when running on Android 12.  (Official release was October 19th and has been rolling out to devices since).  Not sure why a catastrophic bug like this was not caught since Android 12 Beta has been out for 6 months...

Can we please get a update\timeframe on the fix?

Thanks
2021-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there StavenGuy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition the DJI Fly v1.4.12 application has been compatible with Android 12, please try to download the latest version through this DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-10-21
Use props
StavenGuy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-21 19:17
Hello there StavenGuy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition the DJI Fly v1.4.12 application has been compatible with Android 12, please try to download the latest version through this DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Good morning,

Thank you for the super fast response.  I have a Pixel 3xl as well as a Pixel 4a.

Both devices just received the Android 12 os update.  I did ensure I have the latest apk but crashes immediately.  Normally I use the 3xl (personal device) but when I seen the crash after the update I tried to install on the Pixel 4 (Work device) but got the same results.

Thanks again
2021-10-22
Use props
StavenGuy
lvl.1
United States

Good afternoon,

I wanted to let you I was able to get the app up and running on Android 12 on both devices.  I cleared the cache for the app and was successful in launching the app.  (Maybe I should have removed the app instead of updating?)

Once again thanks for the super fast response and support!

Brian
2021-10-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

StavenGuy Posted at 10-22 13:41
Good afternoon,

I wanted to let you I was able to get the app up and running on Android 12 on both devices.  I cleared the cache for the app and was successful in launching the app.  (Maybe I should have removed the app instead of updating?)

Hi there Brian. Thank you for the reply and for this given update. It is great to know that everything is now working fine and for giving us these information on how you fixed the said issue. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2021-10-24
Use props
Jowih
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9081 ft

Germany

Hi,
when will there be an update to the DJI Fly app (1.5.0) that will allow me to reconnect my Mavic Pro after updating to Andoid 12 (Pixel 4a)? Is there a link?
Thank you very much for a short term answer. I am dependent on the drone for my work.
Stefan
2021-11-6
Use props
Jowih
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9081 ft

Germany

Jowih Posted at 11-6 04:44
Hi,
when will there be an update to the DJI Fly app (1.5.0) that will allow me to reconnect my Mavic Pro after updating to Andoid 12 (Pixel 4a)? Is there a link?
Thank you very much for a short term answer. I am dependent on the drone for my work.

Question has become superfluous. I have reinstalled the app. It now also works under Andoid 12.
2021-11-8
Use props
123rty
New

United States

I have tried several things and am still having issues getting my drone's camera display to show up on my phone. I am using a Pixel 6.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, gone through all the updates, cleared the app's cache, etc. Nothing seems to work. I've seen comments on other forums saying other Pixel 6 users are also having issues.

Pixel 6 is not on the list of compatible devices for the app at this time. Will that change?
2021-11-12
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

123rty Posted at 11-12 09:36
I have tried several things and am still having issues getting my drone's camera display to show up on my phone. I am using a Pixel 6.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, gone through all the updates, cleared the app's cache, etc. Nothing seems to work. I've seen comments on other forums saying other Pixel 6 users are also having issues.

Pixel 6/is not the only Phone having this issue. Samsung S21 which is on the list doesn’t work. Could be something to do with Android 12.
2021-11-12
Use props
123rty
New

United States

Popeye1 Posted at 11-12 09:51
Pixel 6/is not the only Phone having this issue. Samsung S21 which is on the list doesn’t work. Could be something to do with Android 12.

Right, but it seems like older phones with the newest version of Android 12 can still get things to work by clearing the cache, redownloading the app, etc. as suggested by the posts above. But it seems like there's no fix for phones of the newest generation. So not only an Andoird 12 issue.
2021-11-12
Use props
fanseb5a0406
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1693707 ft
Australia

Hi all, I have the new Pixel 6 pro and while the app works it's not showing the video display. So I can't continue doing the work that I do until this is fixed.   Is there any time frame on when there is going to be an updated app or if there is anything I can do to get my video display to show through my phone because this is really annoying and it is actually preventing me from completing quite a few different projects.

I have cleared cache. I  have also removed the app and reinstalled it and everything seems to be working ok apart from the main tool that is needed and that is to have a video display.

Thanks!
2021-11-13
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

fanseb5a0406 Posted at 11-13 14:09
Hi all, I have the new Pixel 6 pro and while the app works it's not showing the video display. So I can't continue doing the work that I do until this is fixed.   Is there any time frame on when there is going to be an updated app or if there is anything I can do to get my video display to show through my phone because this is really annoying and it is actually preventing me from completing quite a few different projects.

I have cleared cache. I  have also removed the app and reinstalled it and everything seems to be working ok apart from the main tool that is needed and that is to have a video display.

No update as when this will be resolved. Not much we can do at our end to make the App work as it should. People have said to roll back and updat to 1.5.0 , this still doesn't resolve the no video output issue..
2021-11-13
Use props
Cameron Brauer
lvl.1

United States

123rty Posted at 11-12 09:36
I have tried several things and am still having issues getting my drone's camera display to show up on my phone. I am using a Pixel 6.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, gone through all the updates, cleared the app's cache, etc. Nothing seems to work. I've seen comments on other forums saying other Pixel 6 users are also having issues.

I just got off chat with DJI care who basically told me to return the device because it's not likely to work with the Pixel 6 anytime soon.  Here's a screen grab.  It's crazy that they wouldn't have their Android app working on Google's flagship device.

2021-11-15
Use props
RealSkyMaster
lvl.1

Germany

If it comforts you not only on Google's flagship. Even on the flagship from Samsung (S21 Ultra) it does not work. No video transmission (black screen) This is a very annoying situation because it is my only mobile phone and I can no longer use / fly my Air2
2021-11-16
Use props
fanse8380ea1
New
Flight distance : 387 ft
United States

I've been a long time user of the DJI Mavic Air, and have been very satisfied. But now after upgrading my pixel 4A 5G to Android 12, I am no longer able to use the DJI Go 4 app.

I read that the DJI Fly app was operable, but to my dismay found it not compatible with a Mavic Air.

Is DJI, like so many other big companies, now making their hardware obsolete by means of rendering it unusable by your software?

I'm surprised and very disappointed!

Steve

Steve Elizondo
Television Producer & Drone Pilot
WRAL TV
2021-11-20
Use props
fans0a87c8b4
lvl.2
United States

Longtime DJI customer.  P4 and Mavic Pro 2 zoom.  Never a problem.  I have a Samsung S21 Ultra.  It got upgraded to Android 12 the other day.  Now DJI will not even open.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Still will not work.  Not super techy.  How can this happen.  Samsungs flagship phone.

Please tell me what to do!!!!
2021-11-21
Use props
ths_br
New
Flight distance : 1362 ft

Brazil

Hello guys. I have a Pixel 5 and a Galaxy S21. After Android 12 upgrade, none of them are working with the app. The app won't even open, as described. I hope DJI works on this as soon as possible. Regards
2021-11-22
Use props
joder
lvl.1
United States

Another Pixel 6 Pro user here reporting with great frustration due to no video.
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_RoTCSfgmRGjZ
New

United States

Pixel 4 user here and the DJI stopped working after Android 12.  Doesn't work after a reinstall either.  The current app is incompatible with Android 12.  DJI has been offering a beta app version for months that you can download from their site and sideload install on your Android 12 device. If the app is ready, why not submit it to the Google Play store? I suspect there is an alternate motivation here.  Maybe their app won't pass Google permissions review?  I'm not sideloading anything from a company that is playing games at consumer expense.  Thankfully I don't use this drone as a business.  What an embarrassment DJI.
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_tGeLJIuhAVmZ
lvl.1

Switzerland

djiuser_RoTCSfgmRGjZ Posted at 11-24 20:18
Pixel 4 user here and the DJI stopped working after Android 12.  Doesn't work after a reinstall either.  The current app is incompatible with Android 12.  DJI has been offering a beta app version for months that you can download from their site and sideload install on your Android 12 device. If the app is ready, why not submit it to the Google Play store? I suspect there is an alternate motivation here.  Maybe their app won't pass Google permissions review?  I'm not sideloading anything from a company that is playing games at consumer expense.  Thankfully I don't use this drone as a business.  What an embarrassment DJI.

The "beta" (version 1.5.1) app for Android 12 doesn't work neither (Samsung S21 with Android 12) - DJI Mini 2 transmits no video to the app.
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_Bx3976MVg5xk
lvl.1

Romania

A very weak application, Samsung S21 gives black screen video in dji go fly.
Although I was a Dji fan, I will switch to Autel. Honestly on SamsungS21, can this application cause problems ...? Unacceptable.
2021-11-25
Use props
loneranger123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It now works for me on a s21 plus 5g... it has been updated.

https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-30
Use props
loneranger123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It now works! Got contacted from support ...

Updated app.. I ve tested and its all good.

https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_ppQqJyhte94e
New
Venezuela

Popeye1 Posted at 11-12 09:51
Pixel 6/is not the only Phone having this issue. Samsung S21 which is on the list doesn’t work. Could be something to do with Android 12.

I have the same problem with s21 ultra... any solution ?
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_QL9gVysKtMTs
New

United States

Im in the same boat.  MY drone is a paperweight at the moment.
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_RRvOPJi3RJDy
New

United States

Samsung s21ultra on Android 12 can open any dji app to fly my spark
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_SCuhRnyXtkvf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61772 ft
United States

Pixel 3 XL here. Android 12.

App opened, goes from portrait, to landscape, to portrait a few times then crashes.

What's going on?

When will there be a fix?

It's been several months (started September) that I've been without my MA1. It's basically a glorified paper weight at this point.

And DJI, don't tell me to go buy another phone to fix this issue, give us an actual answer.
2021-12-2
Use props
djiuser_SHvAFcxdPIWA
New

United States

Hello I have the galaxy s21 and i have a mavic zoom 2 and the app completely  crashes on the new updated o.s please update and fix the issue im losing a lot of money cause I can't do my job
2021-12-4
Use props
djiuser_N5tfKDlv64P8
New
Flight distance : 172441 ft

Ireland

Right ... android12 bog standard Galaxy S21 ... first tried to clear cache no luck,
Uninstall and reinstalled the app off the google app market ..  here is what i get on first attempt.

DJI ..stop it is your App , the buck stops with you.. i have seen a post directing at side loading the APK off the DJI website ... nope. There is a reason for the google play market to use. If that APK works why dont you upolad it there then ?
You will note the App version on the market is from September 2020 and does not clearly indicate support for Android 12.
Screenshot_20211205-133438_Google Play Store.jpg
Screenshot_20211205-133030_Device care.jpg
2021-12-5
Use props
Dev14nt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150135 ft
United Kingdom

So, latest update 1.5.4 STILL not resolving the crash issue with my s21 ultra exynos. Clear cache, clear data uninstall then reinstall is the only way to open the app....... Once. After opening, logging in then exit, it crashes upon opening again. Getting a bit fed up with this
Screenshot_20211212-140549_Settings.jpg
2021-12-12
Use props
tedhw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12795 ft
Australia

Dev14nt Posted at 12-12 06:11
So, latest update 1.5.4 STILL not resolving the crash issue with my s21 ultra exynos. Clear cache, clear data uninstall then reinstall is the only way to open the app....... Once. After opening, logging in then exit, it crashes upon opening again. Getting a bit fed up with this

I'm on same boat.
When will this be fixed?
2021-12-15
Use props
mADsAILOR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 741010 ft
United Kingdom

One more with the same issue on a Galaxy21 Ultra Exynos: only way to get the latest app (from the DJI site) to work, is to uninstall and reinstall (or clear its data).

This is ridiculous: paying good money for a product that otherwise works well for its purpose (Mini 2), to be let down by inadequate developers providing the control app...

DJI, get your act together, the Apple ecosystem alone (which you seem to pamper dearly) will NOT drive your sales, really!
2021-12-17
Use props
Raul G
lvl.1

Romania

Hello. Same problem here, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G and Air 2S. No fly for 3 weeks now. Please do something DJI !!! I don't need such expensive home decor !!! I alerady tryed installing, uninstalling, cleared everything and so on .... I need a timeline for the fix ....
2021-12-21
Use props
fans842df056
lvl.2
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I have samsung s21 ultra. Dji fly and dji go4 not work. Why.
2021-12-22
Use props
agaitan026
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89446 ft
Panama

On s21 ultra android 12 app is not working
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_YmNlCBYTq5HS
New

Pakistan

Put your phone in airplane mode  then open dji fly app. After opening remove airplane mode and you are all good. This is workaround for me on s21 ultra android  12
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_yIAsf2oHNVZh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573291 ft

Bosnia and Herzegovina

They do not reading our comments... They sold out their drones... It was important for them not update for users...
2021-12-23
Use props
fans842df056
lvl.2
  • >>>
Iraq

s21 dji problem still not solved ?
2021-12-25
Use props
djiuser_E2AoXfZE2qhP
New

United States

IF ANYONE IS READING THIS, SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT FIXING THIS BUG. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.
2021-12-26
Use props
Raul G
lvl.1

Romania

Hello. This morning I updated my S21 Ultra to the latest firmware G998BS3BULC and every thing get bac to normal. The DJI Fly app is working propperly.
2021-12-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules