Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can you use the M300 RTK in PPK mode?
7341 9 2021-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JSC_AL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3976 ft
Canada

Hello,

I was flying the matrice 300 RTK using an EMLID RS+ as a base station a few days ago. As I couldn't figure out a way to make them talk to each other, I assumed that by switching off the RTK mode on the drone, I would get PPK logs instead and would process everything back at the office.
I was either wrong (no PPK logs when RTK off?), or I am not sure where to find those actual logs.
Which one is it ?

Thank you so much for your help!

2021-10-21
Use props
Euis
lvl.2
Australia

Hi JSC-AL

as of fimrware v03.00 .01.0 1  (just released) , the M300 will produce both the raw GNSS data (for PPK) in the form of a .obs file (in Rinex format) as well as the .mrk file with the photo markers.

I think you'll get these files even when flying in RTK mode.

So you just need to upgrade..
2021-10-31
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

Hey JSC-AL, I ran into the same issue with my Emlid RS2 couldn't get it to talk to the M300. Tried a couple of different thing even the Emlid caster. What are you using for PPK processing? RTKpost? If so would you mind sharing your workflow. Right now I'm having an issue just trying to get it to connect to the correction network. I was running the latest firmware but support told me to downgrade to the previous level and try again...still no luck.
2021-11-15
Use props
anejojoe
lvl.2
United States

I was actually able to get it connected to my RS2 base via Emlid Caster which I can use as a fall back if I can't connect to the correction network. DJI is looking at the logs now, hopefully they have an answer.
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_fzFpYXtR9SJa
New

New Caledonia

Euis Posted at 10-31 16:02
Hi JSC-AL

as of fimrware v03.00 .01.0 1  (just released) , the M300 will produce both the raw GNSS data (for PPK) in the form of a .obs file (in Rinex format) as well as the .mrk file with the photo markers.

Reason why a have no "eventlog.bin" and "rinex" files in data folder After flight?
2021-11-17
Use props
greg NC
lvl.1

New Caledonia

hi, i have de same problem for ppk...can't get "enventlog.bin" and "rinex.obs" gnss files when rtk disable. Did you find solution since? thanks.
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_4utbb3kBVI8t
lvl.1

Canada

Euis Posted at 2021-10-31 16:02
Hi JSC-AL

Hey JSC-AL,

I plan to acquire the Matrice 300 RTK. However, i could not find anywhere (even in any of the v03.00.01.01 firmware documentation), anything about the .obs file. Since i do not have a drone I cannot validate experimentally neither. I also need the drone to be dual band. i.e. L1 & L2 (nothing to do with the L1 sensor! ). Do you have any info on these specs? It would be GREATLY appreciated! Usually the specs would say: "GPS, GLONASS, L1, L2" I can see of course that the GPS/GLONASS are part of the usual specs description. However the Matrice 300 could be single band only (= L1). A single band receiver is less accurate than a dual band (L1+L2). This is of the utmost importance when doing PPK. Thanks again for your reply....

Yvan Daniel

2022-3-30
Use props
Geomensoring
New

Chile

Hello, I need help in finding the lever arms or camera offsets for the DJI M300 to use the drone in PPK mode.
I understand that using RTK, flightsync 2.0 calculates the precise positions of the camera centre, but that's different when using PPK.

Regards,
2022-3-31
Use props
FlyinLo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

Geomensoring Posted at 3-31 11:36
Hello, I need help in finding the lever arms or camera offsets for the DJI M300 to use the drone in PPK mode.
I understand that using RTK, flightsync 2.0 calculates the precise positions of the camera centre, but that's different when using PPK.

Geomensoring, did you ever find the answer for the antenna offset when doing PPK?
2022-10-6
Use props
egeorgiou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1283337 ft
Greece

FlyinLo Posted at 10-6 15:16
Geomensoring, did you ever find the answer for the antenna offset when doing PPK?

There is no level arm but eccenticities in 3 dimmensions stored in mrk files.
2022-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules