The idea of not being able to cancel a download....
1653 10 2021-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

...is poor to say the least!

Why is it, on Android, we cannot cancel the DJI app update once its started to download?
The only way other than a to physically restart the device was to shut down data completely, this shouldn't be.
There should be a cancel option within the (not possible  to remove until its either downloaded or stopped) notification,
So that's another thing, we should be able to remove that notification, shouldn't have to have it there until we've
downloaded the file...

Am i being too picky or have i gotten too used to the way EVERYONE else does it?

Rant over, carry on...
2021-10-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've never encountered the need to interrupt the data transfer, but maybe it would be a useful feature to have a kill button in some circumstances. Though I can't think what.
2021-10-23
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

I agree, this is a common practice to display a button to cancel down load.
2021-10-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-23 08:05
I've never encountered the need to interrupt the data transfer, but maybe it would be a useful feature to have a kill button in some circumstances. Though I can't think what.

Because you're on Data and not wifi and you accidentally chose download and not thinking.
Because you're on Data and its too slow in that area due to lack of signal (my scenario only had 1 bar most of the time) thus slowing things dramatically for the map.

2021-10-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-23 17:06
Because you're on Data and not wifi and you accidentally chose download and not thinking.
Because you're on Data and its too slow in that area due to lack of signal (my scenario only had 1 bar most of the time) thus slowing things dramatically for the map.

OIC. Far from ideal.
2021-10-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do all my downloads on mobile data,   5g is so much faster than any wifi I can find round these parts.  Often get 400mb +
2021-10-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-24 00:30
I do all my downloads on mobile data,   5g is so much faster than any wifi I can find round these parts.  Often get 400mb +

I would if i could lol my home here in the village is only 72mb, O2 is pants around the forest areas so lucky to get 1 bar, so when you accidentally click update not noticing ya in a rubbish mobile data area and then not being able to cancel that download is pretty lame. I have the Note 20 Ultra 5G and that's probably only seen 5G once, perhaps lol
2021-10-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're absolutely right.  It is a very common practice to have a button available to cancel a download.  
2021-10-24
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

I’m on IOS, but not sure if you can cancel it there….
2021-10-24
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

switch to local data mode only in the app this will stop the app from launching updates
2021-10-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree that such a feature would be useful, I've had to switch of the phone's wifi before because I had accidentally started an update etc. and I do not like to update.

But
Can the app or device not be set to "downloads via wifi only" ?
I have CERTAINLY seen that option somewhere, either in the phone's settings or the App......or maybe the playstore which might be of no use i.e. irrelevant to this thread.
If applicable that would at least prevent accidentally starting a download via the network carrier.
I wonder if it would stop a download in progress?

2021-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules