Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Jerky with 60 FPS 4K Air 2S
4447 16 2021-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Herken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162231 ft
Belgium

Hello,

i'm new user of Dji Air 2S. I have a problem with video at 60 fps  4K, when i watching it on my computer using VLC, video seems jerky but not all the times. I don't know why. I'm not sure i using the good work( i'm french speaking, belgian). It's "lagging" sometimes. I can post a sample if needed!

The SD card is class 10 : Sandisk microSD EXT PLUS 128Go

Any idea? The video configuration is on auto and not special filter on the camera is used.

Thank you!

Julian
2021-10-23
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Hi Julian,
Welcome to the forum.

Are you looking at the SD card? I think so.

Have you tried looking on a TV from the SD card. Is it jerkey then too. If not, then most likely it may be your computer. I have this problem too. My computer is too slow, but on the TV it is fine.

Perhaps you could upload a part of the video here, showing the problem.

Cheers Tony
2021-10-23
Use props
Herken
lvl.2
Belgium

kyalami Posted at 10-23 09:23
Hi Julian,
Welcome to the forum.

Hello,

i uploaded the video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qRQEy-nBhH_KhVTSjXeqsPNqngj2OvVH/view?usp=sharing

If you check starting 38"" during the rotating you will see the lagging. I hope you will see it as me.

My computer is i7-10700K 32GB - RTX 3070, i imagine it's enough to see and play 4K ;-).

I can read a 4K video directly on my TV

Thank you for help
2021-10-24
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Herken Posted at 10-24 00:37
Hello,

i uploaded the video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qRQEy-nBhH_KhVTSjXeqsPNqngj2OvVH/view?usp=sharing

Hi Herken,

Downloaded the file and looked from 38 sec and to me it did look normal. Your computer is faster then mine so the computer is OK.

Could you perhaps explain what you men by lagging. Do you see it like stuttering or jerky? I did not see this either. It looked quite smooth when you turn the drone and camera to the right and on to the road.

Sorry, but I do not know what to say here. Hopefully someone else can assist you better.

Edit: Actually I had a look again from 38 sec and just after that for a few seconds, in the beginning of the sharp turn, I did see a bit of stutter that later disappeared. Played it again several time I was unable to see the same again.

Its almost like the SD card did not manage to hang on to the video stream. But then again the rest of the turn was smooth. Could this be what they call just a "glitch"???

Does it look OK on your TV?

Cheers
Tony
2021-10-24
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1866086 ft
Netherlands

Wow, the whole clip is nauseating. The fast flying, rapid and short corrections etc.... I cannot find 3 solid seconds the someone would use in an edit. The things you point at around 38 sec have something to do with the amount of detail in the shot, the speed and being able to encode that. But seriously, make solid shots and correct a bit slower. I understand you wanted to follow this tractor but now you end up with nothing that's usable.
2021-10-24
Use props
Herken
lvl.2
Belgium

AlexanderK Posted at 10-24 02:24
Wow, the whole clip is nauseating. The fast flying, rapid and short corrections etc.... I cannot find 3 solid seconds the someone would use in an edit. The things you point at around 38 sec have something to do with the amount of detail in the shot, the speed and being able to encode that. But seriously, make solid shots and correct a bit slower. I understand you wanted to follow this tractor but now you end up with nothing that's usable.

Hello yes actually it's just a test, not a real video for marketing.. I bought the Dji Air 2 s 3 weeks ago...

For you all seems normal?
2021-10-24
Use props
Herken
lvl.2
Belgium

kyalami Posted at 10-24 01:51
Hi Herken,

Downloaded the file and looked from 38 sec and to me it did look normal. Your computer is faster then mine so the computer is OK.

Hello i can't read it on my tv i can't read mp4 4k on it only on my computer...
2021-10-24
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Herken Posted at 10-24 09:49
Hello i can't read it on my tv i can't read mp4 4k on it only on my computer...

Hi,

Ok understand you can only view file on the computer which seams OK to me for speed.

As I only saw a short stutter once at 38 sec and nothing more. Its hard to say what that could be. Perhaps some expert here in the forum could assist you better.

Can you try another SD card perhaps and see if it can be repeated? If so, please format that card in the drone to make sure it matches the drone best.
2021-10-24
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1866086 ft
Netherlands

Herken Posted at 10-24 09:48
Hello yes actually it's just a test, not a real video for marketing.. I bought the Dji Air 2 s 3 weeks ago...

For you all seems normal?

yeah no strange things here. Next runs fly smoother and less sudden movements and you'll be fine
2021-10-24
Use props
Herken
lvl.2
Belgium

ok i will try... thank you  guys
2021-10-25
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Sandisk Extreme Plus have an actual sustained speed in writing at 30 Mb/s. Practically is no difference in Pro, PLus and Extreme, all of them having the same sustained speed of 30Mb/s.
The sellers make a lot of noise related to something fake: The Burst speed rate...this is presented at 90 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s and so on...this is just for advertising, as your MPEG video will be written with sustained speed and not burst, as burst can be achieved only for very short amounts of time.
Actually if you look at V indicator, you will see the minimum write speed of card, as V30 = minimum 30Mb/s, V90= minimum 90Mb/s.
In this category, best micro sd card tested by us was Kingston Micro SD Canvas React Plus V90, with a very impressive performance, being the only one that keeps up with 6K videos (Extreme Pro from Sandisk flagged us that is too slow for a number of times).

Related to your problem, as A2S writing speed is up to 150MBPS = 150/8 = 18.75 Mb/s minimum writing sustained speed, all V30 cards should work ok...the problem is how the A2S is buffering the video then start empty the buffer and write on microsd...In fact, a few times I have seen that V30 is just not enough, as microsd producers does not deliver a very good quality in their Micro-SD memory cards so I would recommend you a V90 just to be on the safe side.
Each camera have a FOV and the size of sensor gives you the size of information that will be processed and saved. As the sensor have a speed of "reading" and "writing" the information given by FPS, if you make very fast moves, the sensor will not have time to "see" the image and save it...Think at this as an example: cover one eye with your hand, start blinking with the other eye at a constant speed (FPS), and start spinning slowly...you will see an image that can be followed in a pretty cursive mode...Now, with same blinking speed, start spinning fast...you will see disrupted/jitter images...
This is how the sensor and FPS works too...you need to maintain a max speed in order not to "frame"....For example, a simple calculation of how much time you need to turn your drone 180 degrees without seeing disrupted and jitter image is around 23 seconds at 30 FPS...yeah...right...If you put it at 60 FPS (remember your eye? is like blinking twice as fast), but you will get....around 19 seconds for a 180 degree turn...as you can see, doubling FPS does not give you half the time (double of speed) for turning the drone at 180 degrees.
Fur butter like video, you need to keep a very soft movement...

This is a simple explanation to help you understand the basics of video image.
2021-10-25
Use props
Herken
lvl.2
Belgium

Hello just to confirm i played movie on 4K tv directly using a usb disc drive and the image is perfect, no jerky, no lag.

Thank you!
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_bvpROo4iceU9
New

United Kingdom

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 2021-10-25 03:47
Sandisk Extreme Plus have an actual sustained speed in writing at 30 Mb/s. Practically is no difference in Pro, PLus and Extreme, all of them having the same sustained speed of 30Mb/s.
The sellers make a lot of noise related to something fake: The Burst speed rate...this is presented at 90 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s and so on...this is just for advertising, as your MPEG video will be written with sustained speed and not burst, as burst can be achieved only for very short amounts of time.
Actually if you look at V indicator, you will see the minimum write speed of card, as V30 = minimum 30Mb/s, V90= minimum 90Mb/s.

Hello,

I took your advice on purchasing the Kingston Micro SD Canvas React Plus V90 128gb and i have been recording 4k 60fps on my DJI Air 2s every time i want to view it on my Zenbook laptop the video lags and stutters, and on another laptop it comes up are format error. I had formatted before recording and reformat before each flight.
Edited: it gives 2 options H.264 and H.265, my drone don't let me change to H.264 format could that be it, if so is that a SD card fault or the actual drone itself.

Please could you or anyone help?

2022-6-23
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just understand that 4k 60 is very high end in terms of video specs. It's not the video that is the problem but the device you are playing it on. You can also try changing from H.265 to H.264 on the Fly app settings which helps a lot on older or devices that struggle with H.265 settings.
2022-6-23
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Try transferring (copying or moving) the file from the sd card to your computers drive. See if that helps. Playing the file from the sd card adds 2 places the file can get hung up - the card itself and the cheapo sd card reader you're probably using (maybe built into your computer).
2022-6-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_bvpROo4iceU9 Posted at 6-23 14:17
Hello,

I took your advice on purchasing the Kingston Micro SD Canvas React Plus V90 128gb and i have been recording 4k 60fps on my DJI Air 2s every time i want to view it on my Zenbook laptop the video lags and stutters, and on another laptop it comes up are format error. I had formatted before recording and reformat before each flight.

Hi
I work on many drones with this MicroSD, is very good.

So...
1. If you use D-Cine (semi Log format), will work only in H265. Is about the drone settings, has nothing to do with MicroSD type. Just switch to Normal mode and you are able to change between H264-H265.
2. As you say, seems to have issues with: a) MicroSD Reader from Laptop b) Video Player and codecs.

Try this steps on your Zenbook:
1. Install Pot Player, check to download all codecs and also to detect your hardware. Try again to see if works (open it with Pot Player).
2. Check what speed you have when you copy from microSD to HDD on laptop (just copy a big file with Total Commander and see the speed of transfer when is copying).
3. If at point 2 you are slow like under 100Mb/s, your card reader is not very good, so copy the files on HDD before playing them. I use a USB3.2 card reader from Kingston for U90, is crazy speed.
4. You do not need to re-format the microSD !!! In fact, is recommended to leave the files on it until gets full...Why this? Because nand memory have a limited number of writings, is optimized by microsd controller not to write same area each time, but still, every time you format it is just starting on same portions to write, getting a lot of usage only on first sectors of memory and prematurely wearing it.

Keep us posted.

PS I hope you have 16Gb Ram on that laptop, as Zenbook is eating part of RAM for video.
Late edit: If all this does not work, test your microSD in order not to be fake...there are tests for speed that can check the real speed of it, but make sure you have a proper card reader....Still, if you do not have corrupted videos from recording in drone, it should be fine.
Your other computer that says is "corrupted" seems to be missing the HEVC codec, install also Pot Player + codecs and check it.
2022-6-23
Use props
Berty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 991706 ft
Japan

I use VLC for most things, but I'll occasionally go to MPC if I'm getting choppy video
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules