New iPad Mini G 6 not connecting to DJI GO
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken Seals
lvl.1
United States

I have a new generation 6 iPad Mini. It will not connect to the Phantom 3 Pro. I have tried multiple cables to no avail. My larger iPad Pro connects with no problem through all the same cables.

Any ideas how I can get this to connect?  Is anyone here on the forum using the iPad Mini V 6 succesfully?

I have quite a few years experience with the Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 2 Plus. I have always used a iPad mini second generation successfully until now with the G 6.

Thanks, Ken
2021-10-23
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

The P3P is old technology, the iPad mini G6 is new and I guess it's never the twain shall meet!
2021-10-23
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue with a P4Pv1 and an iPad Air 4th gen.
Seems to not like the USB-C connection of the mobile device.
2021-10-23
Use props
Ken Seals
lvl.1
United States

pmshop Posted at 10-23 13:52
Same issue with a P4Pv1 and an iPad Air 4th gen.
Seems to not like the USB-C connection of the mobile device.

Thank you both for the replies. The confusing thing to me is that the P3P controller connects just fine to the USB C iPad pro.
2021-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Ken. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the Ipad Mini 6 is not compatible with the DJI GO app and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly suggest using a compatible device when using the said app to avoid any problems. You may refer to the link below for the list of compatible mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 3 Pro and DJI Go app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-3
2021-10-23
Use props
Ken Seals
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 22:43
Hi, Ken. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the Ipad Mini 6 is not compatible with the DJI GO app and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly suggest using a compatible device when using the said app to avoid any problems. You may refer to the link below for the list of compatible mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 3 Pro and DJI Go app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-3

Thanks for the reply.
2021-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ken Seals Posted at 10-24 11:48
Thanks for the reply.

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-10-25
Use props
toddruhlbrokergmail.com
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 04:40
You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

Does DJI plan to update the app so it will work with the new iPad Mini?
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_Rkz2gaRZV8f5
lvl.1

United States

iPad Mini6 will not work with GO4 Mavic 2.  Trouble connecting, then when connected (usb c via RC bottom port, side port doesn't work), joysticks are unreliable...no chance to test further because it is unsafe.
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

toddruhlbrokergmail.com Posted at 11-6 08:12
Does DJI plan to update the app so it will work with the new iPad Mini?

Thank you for your response. As of the moment, we can only guarantee the stability of the app on those mobile devices that listed on our website. However, our engineers are doing their best for the newly release mobile devices to be compatible with the unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules