Crystalsky and Mavic Air 2
2920 11 2021-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GinoC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63507 ft
Belgium

The new version of Litchi app (paid app 25 dollars) can be installed on Crystalsky via Amazon appstore. Litchi says it supports MA2.
Dji Fly app can not be installed on Crystalsky.

mini 2 and  MA2s are not supported in Litchi yet. Mini 1 and MA2 should work.

https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors

https://flylitchi.com/new

Has anyone tried this?

Regards

Gino

2021-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gino. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since you wanted to use and 3rd party application ( Litchi ), I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this matter from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using the said application. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application when flying your DJI Drone to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you and safe flying always.
2021-10-25
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-25 02:48
Hello there Gino. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since you wanted to use and 3rd party application ( Litchi ), I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this matter from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using the said application. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application when flying your DJI Drone to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of the said DJI Drone as well. Thank you and safe flying always.

If Dji made a Fly app version for Crystalsky like so many have asked for.
We wouldn't have to look at 3th party apps..... to be able to fly the recent drones
2021-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

GinoC Posted at 10-25 04:50
If Dji made a Fly app version for Crystalsky like so many have asked for.
We wouldn't have to look at 3th party apps..... to be able to fly the recent drones

Hi there Gino. Thank you for the reply and for sharing these information and your valued insights with regard to this matter. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2021-10-26
Use props
Mountaindrone-Dronefocus
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

And finally, it's possible or not ?
2021-11-2
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

Mountaindrone-Dronefocus Posted at 11-2 06:20
And finally, it's possible or not ?

I'm still waiting to see if someone has tested this, before maybe buying a mavic air 2. I don't want to buy a drone that doesn't work with my expensive Crystalsky.
2021-11-30
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

I have not tested it.

I also have Crystalsky and its been a frustrating experience.  The Mavic Air 2 runs on a 64 bit - "Fly" Application.

Crystalsky is utilizing very old, Android OS and slow processor that CANNOT handle 64 bit applications.  

I was told that Crystalsky can only run the 32 bit - DJI Go4 Application.

DJI has moved on to the newer "Fly" application and I dont think DJI Go4 and Crystalsky will be updated anytime soon.   
2021-11-30
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

Joecos Posted at 11-30 07:54
I have not tested it.

I also have Crystalsky and its been a frustrating experience.  The Mavic Air 2 runs on a 64 bit - "Fly" Application.

litchi app claims to work on Crystalsky
Can only be installed via Amazon App store
They also claim their app supports currently Mavic Air 2

Just wish someone would test it, and put in on youtube or something
2021-11-30
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

if DJI wanted to support the Crystal Sky they could. If you look at my previous posts, I have been round and round with this company.

When my wife bought me the Mavic Mini for Christmas, I was told that my Crystal Sky would not work with it because the Mavic Mini uses the DJI Fly App which is a 64 bit program and the Crystal Sky is only 32 bit. . They also told me that the DJI Fly App was made for beginners and that the Mavic Mini was a beginners drone. That's DJI Lie #1 because if this is the case, why is their flagship Drone, the Mavic 3 on the DJI Fly App?

Then to rub salt in the wounds, DJI allows the original DJI Smart controller to work with the Mavic Mini by putting the DJI Fly App on it with an update. Keep in mind that the Smart Controller is also a 32 bit tablet. Thats  Lie # 2. If they wanted to support the CS they would.

I use both Drone Link and Litchi on my Crystal Sky with no issues. Its sad that a  third party company has to be relied on to support a DJI product.

I used to always buy the latest DJI product. Not anymore. The latest was the Mavic Mini and thats only because I got it as a gift.

In any case, I wish you guys luck and i hope you can work this out with the CS. I am hoping that a computer Android Wiz can root the thing and make it just a tablet we can put our own apps on!

For me I still Fly my old Phantom 3 Standard and Professional, Inspire 1, Spark's, Mavic and they all still work great with the Crystal Sky! Thankfully I have Litchi and Dronelink working for the Mavic Mini.

Best of luck guys!

Please post any results you guys might have. We are on our own with this product. DJI does not get that if you support their products, you will return to buy the new stuff.  
2021-12-14
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

Thanks for your input.
I will post my results

Kind regards

Gino
2022-1-21
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Belgium

So you actually fly your Mavic Mini with the Crystalsky using Litchi or Dronelink?
2022-1-21
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

GinoC Posted at 2021-11-30 08:21
litchi app claims to work on Crystalsky
Can only be installed via Amazon App store
They also claim their app supports currently Mavic Air 2

It would be nice to see more options for the MA2.
2022-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules