The gimbal makes a "no-no" movement
516 6 2021-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arcureo
lvl.1

Italy

Hi guys, newbie here... after a few months of flawless operation I noticed that the gimbal makes a kind of "no no" movement, when it's working. It clearly comes from the lowest of the three joints (the one directly on the handle) and it happens even if I'm standing relatively motionless (so it's not the consequence of some sudden movement). I already performed every possible balancing check, following the instructional video on DJI's website. The phone appears to be perfectly stable, and yet, when I turn on the gimbal, the problem appears.

Any suggestion? Is the motor in need of repair, in your opinion?

Thanks in advance.

A'

2021-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there arcureo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Mimo application and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2021-10-25
Use props
fans2824666e
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-25 02:56
Hello there arcureo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Mimo application and may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

Nope, no error messages... (I just performed a system update, just to be sure).
The phone is a 2018 Samsung Galaxy A7 and I just noticed that the faulty movement is more evident after I move the phone with the joystick. After I release it, the rotation correctly stops, but the "no no" movement sets in.
Let me know if you need any other detail!
Thanks a lot for what you can do!
A'
2021-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans2824666e Posted at 10-25 03:06
Nope, no error messages... (I just performed a system update, just to be sure).
The phone is a 2018 Samsung Galaxy A7 and I just noticed that the faulty movement is more evident after I move the phone with the joystick. After I release it, the rotation correctly stops, but the "no no" movement sets in.
Let me know if you need any other detail!

Hi there A'. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy A7 ) that you are using on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3  and on the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI gimbal and on the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy A7 will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application and on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI gimbal we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on your DJI gimbal . For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ty_List_en_0116.pdf ). Thank you.
2021-10-26
Use props
fans2824666e
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-26 21:19
Hi there A'. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy A7 ) that you are using on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3  and on the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI gimbal and on the said DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy A7 will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application and on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI gimbal we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on your DJI gimbal . For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0116.pdf ). Thank you.

Ok, I will try a couple of different phones,today, but I have to remind you that up until a few weeks ago the gimbal worked perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy A7. No stability issues whatsoever. Even without the App running (I just needed the gimbal's stabilization, not the App's functions like "follow the face" and so on). That's why I'm worried it might be a motor issue.
I'll let you know how things go with the other phones as soon as I perform the tests.
Cheers!
2021-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans2824666e Posted at 10-26 22:06
Ok, I will try a couple of different phones,today, but I have to remind you that up until a few weeks ago the gimbal worked perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy A7. No stability issues whatsoever. Even without the App running (I just needed the gimbal's stabilization, not the App's functions like "follow the face" and so on). That's why I'm worried it might be a motor issue.
I'll let you know how things go with the other phones as soon as I perform the tests.
Cheers!

Hi there A'. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.  
2021-10-28
Use props
fans2824666e
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 21:31
Hi there A'. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi, so I did a couple of tests with two different cell phones (just actively balancing the phone, no App involved). They were a Samsung S20 FE and a Redmi Note 10 Pro. They both showed the same problem of the trembling movement in the lowermost joint.
Furthermore, that friend of mine that had the Redmi cell phone, has the very same gimbal I have (in fact I bought the Osmo Mobile 3 after I saw his one in action). Well, we shot a couple of short videos with his Osmo Mobile 3 (carrying his Redmi cell phone) and the results were impeccable. Flawless movements all the way.
So I'm really afraid that it's the stabilization on my gimbal that has gone bad, at least in the lower joint (the one connecting the handle with the first "arm").

Let me know if you need other details.

Thanks!
2021-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules