Mavic Air 2 Obsicle Avoidance Action
364 7 2021-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KryosChaos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1572595 ft
United States

so with the latest firmware/software update, we have lost features/abilities.  
->Safety
->Flight Assistance
->Obsticle Avoidance
-- we had the choice to bypass, Brake, or Off

->Safety
->Flight Assistance
->Obsticle Avoidance
-- we have the choice to Brake, or Off

So what does this actually change or affect?  does it change how RTH works, Does it only change general operations?  Why was this removed, too many choices within the drone ai to cause it to fly away because it was bypassing obstacles?

I really would love to know what this actually affects and where.  There is nowhere to find this out because DJI in their infinite wisdom does not do change logs on what they make for changes/features.  I get not telling me why but what does this ACTUALLY affect now.

I have added screen captures of the feature loss.  

F2DE3079-4CA0-4529-B11D-A0421C20C24D_1_105_c.jpeg

With obsticle avoidance

With obsticle avoidance
2021-10-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Really ?  i checked my MA2 on Android 1.4.12 1430   : Bypass, Brake and Off still there!

cheers
JJB
2021-10-25
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I still have all three options.
2021-10-25
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-25 06:23
Hi,

Really ?  i checked my MA2 on Android 1.4.12 1430   : Bypass, Brake and Off still there!

I am running the IOS Version and updated on my phone but not on my iPad yet.  
2021-10-25
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

KryosChaos Posted at 10-25 06:58
I am running the IOS Version and updated on my phone but not on my iPad yet.

i am running IOS and it is the latest on my phone but I didn't realize I had not updated on my iPad.  The key is I still don't know what it actually affects.... does RTH change or anything related to that.  If it affects the RTH and I was expecting my drone to come home and it is now stuck hovering because it thinks there is an obstacle then that is a HUGE issue.
2021-10-25
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 10-25 06:27
I still have all three options.

i am running IOS and it is the latest on my phone but I didn't realize I had not updated on my iPad.  The key is I still don't know what it actually affects.... does RTH change or anything related to that.  If it affects the RTH and I was expecting my drone to come home and it is now stuck hovering because it thinks there is an obstacle then that is a HUGE issue.
2021-10-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

KryosChaos Posted at 10-25 07:00

The action for RTH is another option. Set to GoGome, Hover or Land.

2021-10-25
Use props
KryosChaos
lvl.3
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-25 07:07
The action for RTH is another option. Set to GoGome, Hover or Land.

I seem to remember that but when I was going through my settings I didn't see where that option was.  I will have to double-check that as I typically want that to go home.  i will boot up my software and make sure I can find it still
2021-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules