DJI AIR 2S real transmission range in CE mode
3384 12 2021-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uh574wV8IvJH
lvl.1

Czechia

Dear DJI Users,I am new AIR 2S user with following Problem. In CE mode ( Europa ) is stated as max. range 8km. I tested many times range and in according my feeling ideal conditions is only 2km ( direct line ) sight in the nature, no power lines etc.  I understood, that We are living not in ideal world, but only 25% is too poor result. What are your experienes ? Thanks Pavel

2021-10-25
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

I can tell you that in CE mode i easelly get 2.5 to 3.5km range in open field. But i simple dont bother as i use FCC as its a much more strong and stable signal.
2021-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pavel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition, kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive noticed that if I fly from the ground I can get 3.5+km without too much issue,   but things like trees can reduce this,   If I fly from a high vantage point then distance is greatly improved.
2021-10-25
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

In optimal conditions I managed to do 6.2Km at 120m height in CE mode, but connection was quite crappy at that distance.

The main problem is that in Europe you are always flying in 2.4Ghz; 5.8Ghz is so low in power that the drone has no multichannel capabilities.

If you want better signal quality, go to dronehackis and buy a license for your drone to unlock the FCC mode in Europe. You'll get 4 times the power in 2.4Ghz and 16 times the power in 5.8Ghz; the best "accessory" you can purchase for a DJI drone  (aside from the sunhood for the screen ) even if you are flying VLOS (will never lose connection again).
2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_uh574wV8IvJH
lvl.1

Czechia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-25 19:10
Hello there Pavel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? In addition, kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks I am using REDMI NOTE 9
2021-10-27
Use props
djiuser_uh574wV8IvJH
lvl.1

Czechia

djiuser_uh574wV8IvJH Posted at 10-27 03:53
Thanks I am using REDMI NOTE 9

All your recommendations are know and used. Unfortunately similar probles has a dones colleague with other andronid device and identical model AIR 2S. Thus I am not sure about android device model infliencing.
2021-10-27
Use props
Ethereum
lvl.2
Serbia

Very simple. CE user here. DJI should give us possibility to change WiFi power as we like. It's our responsability. Mark it in menu with red letters or whatever to just inform me that is non legal in my country, i will decide what i wll i use. It's sad that you pay 1000$/€ drone and you need to pay another 50$ per year/month just to enable higher power connection. Also, everywhere says '"license"? What? There is reason why everyone use 2.4 and 5GHz band, and DJI too, because it's Non-Licensed band(s) everywhere on whole world. But true, there IS rules about power, but as i said, it is only my responsability and no one elses.

I'll give you good example. Ubiquiti. Same rules, you cannot use more power then software allows for your (selected) country, BUT, there is easy trick that everyone knows, and costs nothing, how to simply disable power restrictions for your region and use whatever settings you want. DJI maybe have different politics about this, without necessary risks maybe, idk. But i am sure that all about tranasmission power at non-licensed bands is prety much stupid in DJI drones. Give us choice! We already have it, just need to pay for it. I would rather pay you DJI than someone else. wait, i already pay you.

I just hope that car manufacturers, for example, will not follow your politics any time soon.

Btw, in latest software/firmware they slightly rised power on CE, that's why there is less lag that people reports.
2021-10-27
Use props
djiuser_uh574wV8IvJH
lvl.1

Czechia

Ethereum Posted at 10-27 09:17
Very simple. CE user here. DJI should give us possibility to change WiFi power as we like. It's our responsability. Mark it in menu with red letters or whatever to just inform me that is non legal in my country, i will decide what i wll i use. It's sad that you pay 1000$/€ drone and you need to pay another 50$ per year/month just to enable higher power connection. Also, everywhere says '"license"? What? There is reason why everyone use 2.4 and 5GHz band, and DJI too, because it's Non-Licensed band(s) everywhere on whole world. But true, there IS rules about power, but as i said, it is only my responsability and no one elses.

I'll give you good example. Ubiquiti. Same rules, you cannot use more power then software allows for your (selected) country, BUT, there is easy trick that everyone knows, and costs nothing, how to simply disable power restrictions for your region and use whatever settings you want. DJI maybe have different politics about this, without necessary risks maybe, idk. But i am sure that all about tranasmission power at non-licensed bands is prety much stupid in DJI drones. Give us choice! We already have it, just need to pay for it. I would rather pay you DJI than someone else. wait, i already pay you.

I am sorry, but I dont understand your hints
2021-10-27
Use props
Ethereum
lvl.2
Serbia

Sorry took your thread to say something to DJI and not to You.

You need to live with CE that it's not even close to 8km range. Sometimes range cannot be more then 200-300m depending on obstacles. It's nothing wrong with Your drone it's just how it works. All you need is to pay for FCC, and maybe, just maybe you'll reach 8km on clean LOS.
2021-10-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Ethereum Posted at 10-27 09:17
Very simple. CE user here. DJI should give us possibility to change WiFi power as we like. It's our responsability. Mark it in menu with red letters or whatever to just inform me that is non legal in my country, i will decide what i wll i use. It's sad that you pay 1000$/€ drone and you need to pay another 50$ per year/month just to enable higher power connection. Also, everywhere says '"license"? What? There is reason why everyone use 2.4 and 5GHz band, and DJI too, because it's Non-Licensed band(s) everywhere on whole world. But true, there IS rules about power, but as i said, it is only my responsability and no one elses.

DJI should give us possibility to change WiFi power as we like. It's our responsability.

Every product sold worldwide must meet local rules like transmitter power output, how they can give us possibility to change WiFi power as we like? It would be illegal to bring it to market...
2021-10-27
Use props
Ethereum
lvl.2
Serbia

virtual Posted at 10-27 10:09
DJI should give us possibility to change WiFi power as we like. It's our responsability.

Every product sold worldwide must meet local rules like transmitter power output, how they can give us possibility to change WiFi power as we like? It would be illegal to bring it to market...

Not quite true.
See, they have only 4 options. Main 2 are FCC and CE. CE is for whole EU. Different rules are in different countries. Maybe they think on "europe union countries" then what about Non-europe union wich is still in EU.  So this options are prety simplified and generalized, atleast in EU case.
2021-10-27
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

At least there's a workaround. Once the drone is hacked it'll allways fly in FCC, you'll just need to hold back firmware updates till they are "safe".

This kind of drones are like consoles, you own the console but still can't do what you want with them, If you want to do 100% what you want you must buy a PC or, in this case, build your own dron, wich is relatively easy for FPV drones but not so much for sabilized/gimball drones.

2021-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules