Photos not downloading to phone anymore
13991 29 2021-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cpper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1410659 ft
Romania

Before doing the last update (1430) to the Fly app, pics I shot with the drone were automatically downloaded to my phone. So after flying and closing the app, I could see the pictures in my gallery, and also in the App Album in the Fly app. After performing the update, I need to manually download all media I want to have it locally on the phone.
Is there a way to get back the previous behaviour ?
2021-10-25
Use props
cpper
lvl.2
Romania

Ok it seems normal pictures do get downloaded actually, but AEB pics not. Is there a way to have these also downloaded automatically?
2021-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there cpper. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. Thank you.
2021-10-25
Use props
cpper
lvl.2
Romania

Hello, my phone is a Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro. I did reinstall the app, but the same happens, AEB shots are not automatically downloaded to the phone. But I'm not sure this is an error or just how the Fly app is supposed to work.
2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_YzfWRLoKW79v
New

Austria

I have the same problem! Hope this gets fixed soon, i hate to copy all pictures myself.
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_f6lHlADdYwDX
lvl.2

United States

I'm using TriplTek 8 Pro, DJI Fly App V1.5.0, Sync Downloaded Files to Phone Album enabled, Cached when recording enabled, reinstalled several times, all permissions granted.  No cached files being downloaded during recording nor flight when recording either or.  Any suggestions?
Screenshot_20211114-163602.png
2021-11-14
Use props
gbruyngmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43947 ft
United States

What happened to AUTO SYNC HD Photos options?!?!! Completely gone. I don't want to cache videos.  I just want my photos full quality synced to my phone when I take them. Why is that no longer an option!?
2021-12-1
Use props
fans6313a237
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218409 ft
  • >>>
United States

gbruyngmail.com Posted at 2021-12-1 18:58
What happened to AUTO SYNC HD Photos options?!?!! Completely gone. I don't want to cache videos.  I just want my photos full quality synced to my phone when I take them. Why is that no longer an option!?

I just updated the APP and Air 2 s today, HD PHOTO SYNC IS GONE! UGH ., But it didnt work on my air 2 s anyway with my iphone 11 pro max! It worked fine with my wifes Air 2 and Iphone 11 Not PRO!
2022-2-10
Use props
dsi51
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381371 ft
France

same problem down here flying Air2S with up-to-date firmware
and latest DJI-Fly app v1.5.9 on iPhone12pro with iOS 15.3

Auto SYNC option and cache being toggled settings
but no longer working .. while it was all fine on previous versions

DJI please do something !!
it really sucks having to download manually after each flight
previously = all photos were automatically saved HD on iPhone and videos were also (SD) = it was just perfect !

also observed that post flight = when downloading manually all photos
they do not come into iphone roll with the proper original time tag or date from the EXIF metadata, they are time stamped from the moment you download them = very wrong !
and are sequenced in the order you ticked them from the Drone Memory, before downloading.
DJI = fix this asap please !
2022-2-12
Use props
cpper
lvl.2
Romania

Yeah, I also actually still have the issue...to bad DJI doesn't care.
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_WVE5GYuGnoKl
New
Russia

I upgraded to DJI fly 1.5.10 and saving to gallery is not working for me also! Instead, there is some gallery inside the app (which I don't need at all), then I have to go there, select the photos and export them to my phone gallery!!! Please return auto saving images to phone gallery back! And now I have to find older version of DJI Fly somewhwre and to downgrade.
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_GtWEmiYvcX8f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same is happening to the pics I've taken on my Mavic Air 2.  They appear in my gallery (Huawei Media Pad T5) but not in the app gallery.  Videos don't download at all. I have to use the SD card and physically transfer them or watch while the drone is connected which I don't like doing and it looks bad when showing work off. The old app never had these issues. I've been through every setting I can find but with no solution.
2022-3-25
Use props
o2su
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615787 ft
France

Same problem, latest app version
Mavic air 2
Iphone8 latest os
Photos are no longer even appearing in the app
2022-3-29
Use props
shaji
lvl.2
Spain

I'm having the same issue, "..Sync to Phone Album..." setting is not working, I have to pick the photos and download them manually. Having an App Album and a Phone Album is not a smart idea, it just limits the end user, very poorly implemented. Please fix this ASAP
2022-4-2
Use props
HollandazePhoto
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue.  Nothing is syncing to my phone.  

Also photos aren't even showing up in my app or drone album - only videos.  Photos are missing from the app altogether and only show up when looking at the contents of the SD card on my laptop.

Please advise.
2022-4-2
Use props
djiuser_DNiTlldd7w9J
New

Ireland

I am also having this issue. I thought I changed something in settings on my drone, but it seems to have been introduced in a recent firmware update. This is really frustrating. It was so much easier when photos saved directly to camera roll. Now there is this ‘App Album’ on the DJI Fly app which I don’t want to have to use. DJI, please revert it so that the option to have photos sync to camera roll works again, please.
2022-4-8
Use props
Sean J Williams
lvl.1
Flight distance : 570125 ft
United Kingdom

Just upgraded and flew, no images on my android gallery or dji app album.  Gutted
2022-4-28
Use props
UrbanRancher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1078173 ft
United States

HollandazePhoto Posted at 4-2 18:20
I'm having the same issue.  Nothing is syncing to my phone.  

Also photos aren't even showing up in my app or drone album - only videos.  Photos are missing from the app altogether and only show up when looking at the contents of the SD card on my laptop.

I’m experiencing exact same issue. I deleted and reinstalled DJI Fly app today (4/28/22) w/ no joy.
2022-4-28
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191184 ft
Malaysia

Same app, with Mini2 picture sync works but not with Air2s - bug or problem with air 2s? Still feel Mini2 is super good then air 2 s
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_5b4Can5yRg01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 622487 ft
United States

Problem still not fixed??!! Its so anoing having to manually download the pics to my tablet after flight
2022-5-22
Use props
Random USER
New

United States

Wow this really sucks. Time to sell my DJI drones. My photos do not appear on my Iphone. Some random CACHE file. WTF? WTF? WTF? Are you kidding me. What a complete waste of time now.
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_rYfobJhhV1e2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57717 ft

Turkey

Well, this is dissapointing. I was hoping there was a fix for this by now.

Please resolve this problem soon DJI.
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_O7xWhkEpRjqk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174865 ft
United States

I had the same exact problem everyone else here does after the update, I'm flying the Mini2. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and didn't work, the only way I fixed the issue on my end was to format the memory card, I didn't have anything I wanted to keep so I didn't back up the photos and videos as some of u may wanna do if there's stuff u wanna keep but after formatting my memory card mine went back to normal, y'all may wanna try this is ur having the issue
2022-8-13
Use props
djiuser_2Q5G8qLTVdqW
New
Flight distance : 191004 ft
Mexico

Same problem here. Using Iphone 12. What is going on? PLEASE!! Do you really just don't care? It is really annoying to have to download photos manually every time! COME ON!
2022-8-25
Use props
Herken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162231 ft
Belgium

Hello,

Same problem with my Xiaomi 11T, no local cache vidéo \pictures.

All is up to date. Any idea?
2022-9-8
Use props
Dazmac
New
Flight distance : 24098 ft
Australia

I am having the same issue
and it is also not downloading to my phone when i click download. it goes through downloading but nothing happens
Anyone else having this issue?
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_2UX3gFWarIX7
New
Flight distance : 118560 ft
Australia

Hi DJI your latest update has stuffed my Air2 S cannot see or download pictures to phone . Please fix ASAP or give advice on how to fix
1-30 17:54
Use props
djiuser_2UX3gFWarIX7
New
Australia

Well you have totally stuffed my drone thanks DJI. Carnt see or download any pics .
1-30 17:54
Use props
djiuser_2UX3gFWarIX7
New
Australia

Hi The update has ruined my Drone I can no longer see or down load pics to my I phone ? any fixes wellcome .
1-30 17:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_2UX3gFWarIX7 Posted at 1-30 17:54
Hi DJI your latest update has stuffed my Air2 S cannot see or download pictures to phone . Please fix ASAP or give advice on how to fix

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing from your end for us to assist you further? Thank you.
1-30 20:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules