OM5 - Calibration question
2848 4 2021-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MFS-Scotland
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello,

Every time I go into standby mode and disconnect my phone from the gimbal (I leave the clamp on) when I return the phone to the clamp and power up, the horizons are off and I need to calibrate. Even though nothing has changed.

Obviously the idea of flexible and quick shooting is why I bought the gimbal.

My question is, is there a way to lock in the calibration so when I disconnect the phone form the clamp and then put it back on, the calibration remains the same or adjust properly. Right now the horizons are way off.

I appreciate it is best to set it up and use it but I am taking the phone on and off for other things.

Thanks,

F
2021-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MFS-Scotland. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-10-26
Use props
MFS-Scotland
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for reaching out. I have a iphone 11. It has 2 problems. Every-time I put the osmo 5 to sleep then take my phone off and then put it back on and fire it up the horizons are off, so I have to calibrate (I do not move the clip). Also when I pan left and right there is a point where the picture jumps (as if it is caught on something)
2021-11-8
Use props
Alec_CY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29160 ft
Ireland

Is your magnetic holder centered on your phone? Check this by spinning your phone, if it does not stay in the middle then try adjusting it.
2021-11-9
Use props
MFS-Scotland
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Firstly thank you for the reply, it is really appreciated.

I tried the magnetic holder in different positions including measuring a centre point (I might add I do not have a phone cover on it). I do not mind so much having to balance when I start it but when I power down take the phone off and then put it back on and start up, the horizon has gone again and I have to re-balance. Even more frustrating is a slight jitter when I pan and tilt (even from a static standing position) using the joystick. If I tilt from up to down there is a jitter normally around the start and when I pan it tends to happen around 25 degrees.
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules