Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

3square Posted at 10-27 09:55
important question. can you turn off all connectivity (WIFI and BT) on the Action 2? if I can't, then I won't be able to use it on my DJI FPV. I mount the osmo action to the FPV, and it blocks the GPS on the FPV. For some reason the osmo action doesn't allow you to turn off WIFI/BT and that causes interference with the FPV.

Flytpath has a video of him using the A2 with his DJI FPV and had no issues doing so.
2021-10-28
Use props
Boardtalk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 209642 ft
Ireland

I like the magnet system, makes setting up faster than the Gopro with all the fiddly bits. Pity I just got the new Gopro 10 two weeks ago. Maybe next time.
2021-10-28
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-28 06:33
Thanks for sharing.  Saw a few reviews of overheating issues after only 5-7 minutes of use.

This is quite usual for action cams and is usually fixed with a firmware update in a couple of weeks/months.
2021-10-28
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Portugal

ops, this was entered by mistake.
2021-10-28
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Portugal

Hi everyone,

What has been wirtten in the comments regarding the possible naming does makes sense. This camera does not seem to be a conventional action camera we are used to see in the market. Maybe DJI Modular would have been a good alternative...

Does everyone who owns an action camera only use them for action? I am willing to be that most of the people who own GoPros, and are not professional athletes, use the camera as their go to camera not only for heavy duty activities. Most of our smartphones have better cameras then any action camera and are water resistant, so you could always use that as an alternative.

With this in mind it seem the goal of DJI for this camera was to provide an alternative for people to vlog, filme their day to day live with better microphones and decent video capability while still providing some roughness / water resistance for when you can't just use your phone on an activity.

DJI took a leap in designed something completely new and I do love the tiny size. I wished GoPro would have stuck with the Hero Session models for longer as they were tiny and pretty capable. It's still the one I use and if it ever breaks down on me I know which camera I'm going to buy next.

2021-10-28
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Portugal

Video_Junkie Posted at 10-28 05:48
You're right, it should have been named something else, but who exactly is the target audience for this thing?  All over DJI's product page and even at the top of this thread you see images of people on motorcycles using this as a traditional action camera, so of course I'm going to assume this is exactly as this thing was intended.

Picture this:  You and two of your friends are out with your dirt bikes and want to shoot a day of riding.  You have this device and your friends have the original Osmo Action or a GoPro.  After only a half our of riding you have to stop and spend an hour to charge this thing.  You also have to take a laptop with you so you can offload the video footage to free up the internal memory.   Meanwhile, your friends can stop and within 3 minutes swap out a dead battery for a fresh one and swap a full memory card for a blank one and get back out there and keep having fun while you're sitting on the sidelines.

You do have a point there, but you should be able to use the powerpack to extend your camera's battery and use an SD card while you ride your motor bike. As long as it is not a water activity the powerpack should handle that fine, I assume.

If you are looking to use something more heavy duty I think this is not the camera you are looking for.

2021-10-28
Use props
fansaaa956a3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402927 ft
Singapore

Doesn’t make sense that this cam can shoot up to 4K but the mimo app AI editor can only export up to 1080 ?
2021-10-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansaaa956a3 Posted at 10-28 11:55
Doesn’t make sense that this cam can shoot up to 4K but the mimo app AI editor can only export up to 1080 ?

The DJI fly app does the same thing when downloading videos through the app to a phone. In my case, I figured that out when I had my iPhone Xr and posed that question on the mavic mini forum and was told it was a limitation of iPhone. I have since upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it does the same thing. And Mimo does the same thing with the original OA. I like using the editor in the fly app and mimo if I'm in a hurry, but the exporting in 1080 makes me just take the SD card out and do my editing on the computer to be honest. I do understand the frustration though.
2021-10-28
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

griffdude13 Posted at 10-27 05:42
SO. . . how much storage does the internal memory have?

Not enough....
2021-10-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You're right, it should have been named something else, but who exactly is the target audience for this thing?  All over DJI's product page and even at the top of this thread you see images of people on motorcycles using this as a traditional action camera, so of course I'm going to assume this is exactly as this thing was intended.

Picture this:  You and two of your friends are out with your dirt bikes and want to shoot a day of riding.  You have this device and your friends have the original Osmo Action or a GoPro.  After only a half our of riding you have to stop and spend an hour to charge this thing.  You also have to take a laptop with you so you can offload the video footage to free up the internal memory.   Meanwhile, your friends can stop and within 3 minutes swap out a dead battery for a fresh one and swap a full memory card for a blank one and get back out there and keep having fun while you're sitting on the sidelines.

Sorry, I think you are seriously misunderstanding the device.  First;y, think of it as a normal action camera, which has an unusual format (two modules locked together) - well, not that unusual as the Insta360 device has three modules.  Now, unlike the Insta360 device, if you choose to you can unlock the camera module and use if for short clips on its own, when you need a device that small.  It's a bonus, not a requirement.  Also, I don't understand why you need to involve a laptop at all.  IF you do choose to use the camera alone for some shots, it's just a collection device - you connect it back to the screen module or the battery module and use the simple menu choice to copy the files across to the SD card and clear the internal memory.  Bear in mind that the Go 2 has been very popular (including with me) and this is a significant step up from that - the Go 2 can only copy files to a host not direct to a card (indeed I had to work out a method of doing that in the field and made a YT video about it).  Like I said, this is the Go 3, not the Action 2.  You have to think outside the Action box.
2021-10-28
Use props
3square
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108091 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 10-28 06:54
Flytpath has a video of him using the A2 with his DJI FPV and had no issues doing so.

you can still fly without GPS lock, doesn't mean you should. I have yet to seen anyone comment on this. Same with the osmo action. I only discover it after purchasing an osmo and I tried doing it myself.
2021-10-28
Use props
djiuser_iQSw1rUm5RGK
New
Ireland

I'm sure some will like/love it. I will be sticking with the original Osmo.  It's fine for my purposes and I love it. This Action 2 (for me) is a little gimmicky for an action camera. Once you add the modules you lose water ingress protection. The camera alone has a short battery life and only around 22 gigs of effective memory. You need to add a module to get the micro sd option. So it's not a great choice for some. Also the screen can't be replaced if it is damaged. It's just messy and overpriced if you go for the screen combo. Whereas the Action 1 was the opposite. Just grab and go.

A shame they didn't do an upgraded Osmo with the same body form and release a modular cam as well. But that's prob asking for too much!

I hope when my Osmo gives up they might have revisited it or have come up with something better. I don't want to have to buy a Go Pro if I can help it.
2021-10-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You're right, it should have been named something else, but who exactly is the target audience for this thing?  All over DJI's product page and even at the top of this thread you see images of people on motorcycles using this as a traditional action camera, so of course I'm going to assume this is exactly as this thing was intended.

Picture this:  You and two of your friends are out with your dirt bikes and want to shoot a day of riding.  You have this device and your friends have the original Osmo Action or a GoPro.  After only a half our of riding you have to stop and spend an hour to charge this thing.  You also have to take a laptop with you so you can offload the video footage to free up the internal memory.   Meanwhile, your friends can stop and within 3 minutes swap out a dead battery for a fresh one and swap a full memory card for a blank one and get back out there and keep having fun while you're sitting on the sidelines.

Have to correct you here, when you connect it to power/screen-module, you download footage to sd-card + recharge the main unit.
2021-10-29
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

fansaaa956a3 Posted at 10-28 11:55
Doesn’t make sense that this cam can shoot up to 4K but the mimo app AI editor can only export up to 1080 ?

Editing in Mimo app is for fast publishing with your phone to instagram/tiktok etc. and there is 1080p the limit + 4K exporting on a phone would take hours.
2021-10-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

o_laparoto Posted at 10-28 11:04
This is quite usual for action cams and is usually fixed with a firmware update in a couple of weeks/months.

Good to hear that a firmware update might fix the overheating issue.  Excessive heat is never good for electronics.  
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_4sFRzifE3NGd
New

Japan

It’s really disappointed for me 1080 30P recording. After 10mins automatically shutdown recording. Out side Temperature 20 degree.
And if it has fever problem you guys gonna have portion 720p.
Not worth buying right now.
2021-10-29
Use props
uo_p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434793 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any idea if the Action 2 will get loop recording with a firmware update?Edit: Looks like loop recording was added with a firmware update on 10/27/21

I also wonder if it will get filters or a lens protector that attaches like the micro lens.

2021-10-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

uo_p Posted at 10-29 10:24
Any idea if the Action 2 will get loop recording with a firmware update?
I also wonder if it will get filters or a lens protector that attaches like the micro lens.

Filters etc are already available from 3rd parties, as discussed elsewhere here.
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_EV6Br62Rka9S
New
Hong Kong

RE: DJI Action 2 as Webcam

I have just tried the Action 2 as Webcam, it works fine with the PC in Win 10. For the Mac so far it only works on the M1 Mac. I used a Mac mini and it is fine as webcam using the Quicktime app.
I tried to set it up on Mojave of Intel Mac and it doesn't work, seems only Big Sur support the Action 2 as webcam.

K
2021-10-30
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-29 02:29
Good to hear that a firmware update might fix the overheating issue.  Excessive heat is never good for electronics.

This has happened to several GoPro models in the past too. Based on that experience I assume it's something that can be fixed.
2021-10-30
Use props
fire377
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358924 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Using iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 15 this is what I get when viewing in Mimo App
Can view video and photo using Mimo app on android.
Any advice appreciated
2021-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fire377@gmail.c Posted at 10-30 15:16
[view_image]
Can view video and photo using Mimo app on android.

Hi there, sorry to read about the issue. May I know if you have the front screen module or power module attached to the main camera? If yes, please try to remove the module and try again.
I will also forward the issue to our engineers for further confirmation. Will keep you updated if there is any feedback. Thank you for your report.
2021-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

o_laparoto Posted at 10-30 06:38
This has happened to several GoPro models in the past too. Based on that experience I assume it's something that can be fixed.

Sure do hope so.  Would love to use it with scuba diving.  
2021-10-31
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_EV6Br62Rka9S Posted at 10-30 00:00
I have just tried the Action 2 as Webcam, it works fine with the PC in Win 10. For the Mac so far it only works on the M1 Mac. I used a Mac mini and it is fine as webcam using the Quicktime app.
I tried to set it up on Mojave of Intel Mac and it doesn't work, seems only Big Sur support the Action 2 as webcam.

Did the audio work? So for example did you try speaking to someone and did it take the audio from the camera?
2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_qhNR2EGlbFkn
lvl.2
United States

Hi All !!! Got my new DJI Action 2 … I actually posted a unboxing video … Quick question… Having problems downloading files to my iPhone. I am using the latest version on the Mimo App. Using a iPhone 13 Pro. First time I have a issue downloading files from any of my DJI devices. Thoughts ? Not sure what I am doing wrong
2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_qhNR2EGlbFkn
lvl.2
United States

fire377@gmail.c Posted at 10-30 15:16
[view_image]
Can view video and photo using Mimo app on android.
Same here … Trying to figure what’s up … I am using an iPhone 13 Pro
2021-10-31
Use props
Joshua burgess 5
New

Australia

Action 2 Transfer issues: so I have updated the app and firmware on the camera and registered it but I can’t transfer the footage to the Mimo app as it says it failed
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_PWgGevtPBEwb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 487044 ft

Spain

Hello, I think I know the answer, but I need to be sure. I need 2 cameras to being recording while I am travelling in my motorbike. Anybody knows, if is posible, being recording and charging at the same time!?  Thank you!
2021-11-1
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-27 16:23
The forthcoming DJI Extension rod and remote control works with up to 12 cameras at once.  Whether that counts as sync I don't know.

hmm now it just needs a external mic adapter with pass through power
2021-11-1
Use props
Calor1030
lvl.2
United States

Joshua burgess 5 Posted at 11-1 01:59
Action 2 Transfer issues: so I have updated the app and firmware on the camera and registered it but I can’t transfer the footage to the Mimo app as it says it failed

Same here and still no reply from DJI
2021-11-1
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will not buy it. To expensive. And not better than the old one.
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_oTutyqZM09Td
lvl.1

United States

edwardquan Posted at 10-31 10:42
Did the audio work? So for example did you try speaking to someone and did it take the audio from the camera?

Same question here, tried the Webcam on Windows 10 and the Microphone did not Work at all
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_gezGEsp1ojnY
New

Italy

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-27 06:28
160 mins of battery life with the screen module attached - and about half an hour of memory capacity.   The blurb above is really misleading - it says the battery module provides an additional SD card slot - sorry, it's the only SD card slot.  The blurb says it's great for a music festival - but to record other than a brief amount of material, you have to lose the 4 channel sound because there's no memory card in the module that has the mics.  This is a fatal design flaw.  I don't know what DJI were thinking!

Edit - I've now seen a review which says the screen module does have an SD card slot.  But this is the first reference I've seen to it.  Does anyone know for sure?  DJI??

Yes there is. I have the camera
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_gezGEsp1ojnY
New

Italy

djiuser_qhNR2EGlbFkn Posted at 10-31 13:56
Hi All !!! Got my new DJI Action 2 … I actually posted a unboxing video … Quick question… Having problems downloading files to my iPhone. I am using the latest version on the Mimo App. Using a iPhone 13 Pro. First time I have a issue downloading files from any of my DJI devices. Thoughts ? Not sure what I am doing wrong

Same for me. Iphone 13pro and problems downloading with mimo App
2021-11-1
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_oTutyqZM09Td Posted at 11-1 11:48
Same question here, tried the Webcam on Windows 10 and the Microphone did not Work at all

I've posted about this as a separate post as per below and it is being looked at by DJI:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=252321#pid2583786
2021-11-2
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Calor1030 Posted at 11-1 08:37
Same here and still no reply from DJI

DJI have acknowledged this and have said it's being fed back to their engineering teams
Screenshot 2021-11-02 134332.png
2021-11-2
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_PWgGevtPBEwb Posted at 11-1 05:03
Hello, I think I know the answer, but I need to be sure. I need 2 cameras to being recording while I am travelling in my motorbike. Anybody knows, if is posible, being recording and charging at the same time!?  Thank you!

Yes - this is possible, but you do need to have either the power block, or the other display/storage unit attached as the camera unit itself doesn't have any USB C port for charging - it takes its power from either the charging block or the display/storage block
2021-11-2
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Alien433 Posted at 11-1 10:42
I will not buy it. To expensive. And not better than the old one.

New technology is never cheap.

Also it depends on how you define better.
2021-11-2
Use props
jhoff80
lvl.4
United States

So maybe this is a dumb question, but the ball head that came with my Action 2 is really stiff.  It doesn't really move at all.  Obviously when the camera is mounted and in position, that's great, but shouldn't there be a way to move it to set up the camera?  Is there something I'm missing in being able to adjust it?
Edit:  Also, for some reason the Android Mimo app 1.7.0 doesn't save anything.  I need to re-accept the terms and conditions, re-log in every time, and re-pair my camera.  This is on a S21 Ultra.  Anyone else seeing this issue?
2021-11-2
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jhoff80 Posted at 11-2 08:04
So maybe this is a dumb question, but the ball head that came with my Action 2 is really stiff.  It doesn't really move at all.  Obviously when the camera is mounted and in position, that's great, but shouldn't there be a way to move it to set up the camera?  Is there something I'm missing in being able to adjust it?
Edit:  Also, for some reason the Android Mimo app 1.7.0 doesn't save anything.  I need to re-accept the terms and conditions, re-log in every time, and re-pair my camera.  This is on a S21 Ultra.  Anyone else seeing this issue?

My ball head (ohh err missus!) is also very stiff - I think this is just because it's new and will get better with more use.  I am hesitant to move it into position with the camera attached due to the amount of force involved - I would recommend moving the mount into the position first and then attaching the camera afterwards.

I would be hesistant to use any kind of lubricant as a) it might invalidate your warranty and b) it might make the ball socket not keep its position any more ...

I use Android, but I haven't yet bothered transferring a file from the device to phone - I know from this thread that Apple users are experiencing issues, so it may be related.

On a similar thread, if anyone @ DJI is reading this - if you want some beta testers I'm willing to sign a NDA to help make your products even better/smoother to use ;)  I daresay there will be other users on this forum more than happy to do this also.
2021-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules