DJI Action 2 | More Than Action
59083 206 2021-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6wnkYP8P5m9o
New
Flight distance : 21834 ft
Australia

Nope!!! I would still prefer my DJI Osmo Action 1. Pgytech Cage, Rode Wireless Go 2 Mic , Ulanzi RGB L49 Light & Ulanzi Powerbank Tripod. Great Set up for Vlogging.
Unless They maintain the same form factor and install face tracking auto focus with a shallow depth of field, a front touch screen to focus & a bigger field of view and sensor. That will be great! But nope will no upgrade! No changeable batteries! Expensive and inconvenient!!!
2021-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_74KSw8W8VeBF Posted at 11-7 17:53
Thanks! Yes! you solved my problem. It does mean I can't use Wide and Ultra Wide when either stabilisation is enabled. :-(

Action 2 is overall an amazing action camera but there are minor problems (could be specific to me).

Charging - you should be able to charge both together and then detach the screen module until you need to use the sysem.  The screen module currently discharges itself into the camera module and DJI are going to fix that with a FW update.

Horizontal stabilisation needs to use the 4:3 sensor to output 16:9 when the camera is at 90 degrees so there's bound to be a loss resulting in 2.7K.

Use the menu option in the files menu to transfer from the camera to the SD card.  It's not automatic as that might not be what the user wants.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_74KSw8W8VeBF
lvl.1

Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-8 05:34
Charging - you should be able to charge both together and then detach the screen module until you need to use the sysem.  The screen module currently discharges itself into the camera module and DJI are going to fix that with a FW update.

Horizontal stabilisation needs to use the 4:3 sensor to output 16:9 when the camera is at 90 degrees so there's bound to be a loss resulting in 2.7K.

Noted and thanks!
2021-11-8
Use props
Volkerball
lvl.1
Japan

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-8 05:34

GoPro 10 has horizon stabilization in 4K up to a 30-40 degree incline. And if you want full-blown horizon-steady, then GoPro will also drop to 2.7K same as Action 2. So theoretically, Action 2 also should be capable of stabilizing partial incline up to 30-40 degrees in 4K. I hope DJI will introduce it in future FWs.  
2021-11-9
Use props
ZWD
lvl.1
Canada

I love the DJI action 2 camera , but I'm having a problem, when shooting at 4k 120fps I got this flickering white lines coming randomly , can anybody know and guide me what I'm doing wrong? link here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IwZYNNV8gUq63WxQOQBJnaq-UaX3OHWf/view?usp=sharing
easy to see on the blue sky.

2021-11-10
Use props
Walter White
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96522 ft
Italy

ZWD Posted at 11-10 20:30
I love the DJI action 2 camera , but I'm having a problem, when shooting at 4k 120fps I got this flickering white lines coming randomly , can anybody know and guide me what I'm doing wrong? link here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IwZYNNV8gUq63WxQOQBJnaq-UaX3OHWf/view?usp=sharing
easy to see on the blue sky.

Does it always do it or only in this case? If he always does, send it back.
2021-11-10
Use props
ZWD
lvl.1
Canada

It always does , i did some video indoors and happens the same, where does I send it back to the original store where I bougth the unit that is a DJI flagship store in Toronto Canada?
2021-11-11
Use props
Walter White
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96522 ft
Italy

ZWD Posted at 11-11 05:59
It always does , i did some video indoors and happens the same, where does I send it back to the original store where I bougth the unit that is a DJI flagship store in Toronto Canada?

Yes of course, have you tried with the various video resolutions? How do the photos look like? I don't want it to be a software problem, do all possible tests before sending it and then contact DJI customer care, there is also via chat.
2021-11-11
Use props
peterjvh
lvl.1
Thailand

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-7 13:21
The Action 2 - commendably - uses standard adapters, not adapters which were dedicated to specific other devices.  So any mic adapter that works with an Android phone, and probably a PC, will work.  And if the adapter also supports headphones, that works too.  I have personally tested the Audio-Technica ATR2x-USB  and also recorders from Zoom, using them as interfaces to the Action 2 via USB.

actually I've tried a couple adapters that are used for both Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi at home.  Neither worked on the Action 2 with my Rode Smartlav + (TRS) or another no name TRRS lav mic.  I've also tried a Saramonic USB C to TRS,  and my DJI pocket adaptor, neither of which worked. I've since "heard" that it must be a USB C to TRRS adapter, but cannot find DJI documentation that specifies if it must be TRS or TRRS and don't know if any of my adapters are TRRS (except the Saramonic TRS).  
However, I can use a Huawei USB C phone "small talk", with no problems.  The sound is crap, but it works for both recording and listening to videos.  No monitoring though.
I've ordered an Saramoni USB C lav mic and expect/hope it will do the trick.
Thanks for your help though.
2021-11-12
Use props
csMbIhHxqUE7
lvl.1

Singapore

This Camera cannot even do what it’s advertise. action 2?
I bought it 28 October  preparing for me Forst person view doing my wedding Vows. I wish I have just use my iPhone instead hang it on my next and capture First person view. This camera failed as I record hang it on my chest to capture the moment of my wedding it kept over heating!!,

At first I record 4k1 120 the  60 it lasted for 2min ish only I rested the camera for 30-20 mins and begin to record a lower frame rate
2.7k 60 the  30 it’s the same.  2 min plus then it’s back to overheating.

Then I reduce it to 1080p Thinking it would record longer but it didn’t.
It’s the same 2 mins plus only.. (note I rested the camera atleast 15-30mins every time I downgrade the resolution of the camera.)

I return it to the dealer I wanted a refund. But let’s see. As I’m really gonna take it to legal action if they don’t refund me.

A moment cannot be replay anymore this camera didn’t deliver as what it say. Shame on DJI!!!
4F34C6D8-C4D3-49B3-B919-A36774981AAF.jpeg
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_Ppkz5AylOvaw
New

Spain

I lost my dji mini 2 drone while flying. I would like to buy only drone from its official website. I am currently in India. Please let me know the procedure.
2021-11-15
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

I'm a proud owner of 2 Dual Screen Combos now... And yes, I love the Action2 !
Even though, it would have been nice to be able to buy the battery combo instead, but only the base camera or the dual screen combo were available here.

I like the idea of a detachable camera, but to be really useable the internal memory and battery doesnt last long enough in many cases.
Being forced to double the camera's shape only by adding the screen or battery module to extend this is suboptimal IMHO

I would love to see a simple slim base socket module (preferably the screw-type for the standard attachment systems) with just a usb-c and an sdcard socket so I can continuously record when the camera is mounted to my helmet and still only carry the small form factor!

Please DJI, consider releasing this socket type ASAP, preferably with a simple form of rubber sealing so minor moisture wont be a problem !!!
The upcoming TILTA case seems to address the power part, but you'll still be limited in terms of memory with it.

BTW. There is no way to record at 90 degree angle in horizontal 1080p, is there? At least I could use it sideways with the screen module until a usb-powered, sdcard ready socket comes out some day if there is.

Regards,
Maxx

PS. I also cant wait to get my hands on the DJI Mic when it's released since wind is the remaining issue when recording motorcycle rides ;)
2021-11-18
Use props
peterjvh
lvl.1
Thailand

peterjvh Posted at 11-12 07:15
actually I've tried a couple adapters that are used for both Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi at home.  Neither worked on the Action 2 with my Rode Smartlav + (TRS) or another no name TRRS lav mic.  I've also tried a Saramonic USB C to TRS,  and my DJI pocket adaptor, neither of which worked. I've since "heard" that it must be a USB C to TRRS adapter, but cannot find DJI documentation that specifies if it must be TRS or TRRS and don't know if any of my adapters are TRRS (except the Saramonic TRS).  
However, I can use a Huawei USB C phone "small talk", with no problems.  The sound is crap, but it works for both recording and listening to videos.  No monitoring though.
I've ordered an Saramoni USB C lav mic and expect/hope it will do the trick.

Ok. The Saramonic USB C lav mic works. The audio is hot (guessing 10db) , and the action 2 can only increase dB, not move to the negative (-). Wonder if DJI will allow this in a future firmware update??
Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions.
2021-11-18
Use props
Jillian Alvarez
lvl.1

United States

I love my action 2. My only frustration is not being able to use the magnet accessory and record vertically without first starting the recording with the rocksteady option and then applying the camera to the magnet.

Your competitors camera has a pro option where whatever you record you can switch the ration in app before you export the video. It has the preset 9:16, 16:9, and 4:4. Which ever you choose puts your video in the ratio witbout comprimising the video quality.

If you guys can update the app to do this....it would be a total game changer for content creators.
2021-11-18
Use props
Jillian Alvarez
lvl.1

United States

csMbIhHxqUE7 Posted at 11-13 20:55
This Camera cannot even do what it’s advertise. action 2?
I bought it 28 October  preparing for me Forst person view doing my wedding Vows. I wish I have just use my iPhone instead hang it on my next and capture First person view. This camera failed as I record hang it on my chest to capture the moment of my wedding it kept over heating!!,

[Image]

I have been having the same issue. It overheats 2 quick. I thought it was tge settings i am recording in.
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_RtAIHurWp43h
New

United States

I have an action2 so far so good but it does see the SD card. Support has been nonexistent.
2021-11-19
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_RtAIHurWp43h Posted at 11-19 08:33
I have an action2 so far so good but it does see the SD card. Support has been nonexistent.

Hi,

I suppose you mean "doesn't", right?
Any more details? What brand/type sdcard... did you activate/format it?
2021-11-19
Use props
fans8e70563e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118159 ft
Vietnam

How i can shot photo 12Mp with interval every 1 sec? I find only Timelapse Mode Vid+Photo, but it’s only 4K jpg. And phone app can’t see it’s photos. I can’t find this photo over card reader, if i shoot on internal memory and after shooting copy to SD card. Folder Timelapse empty.
How i can take interval photo?
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_LAgnZHuKHLBV
lvl.1
United States

How/When can we use the button on the front module? Mine seems to not work
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_NsvWeWg2y31g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3383182 ft
United States

Unfortunately my Mavic 3 crashed and broke on the first day I received it. I don't believe that the cause of the crash was user error but fortunately I did have DJI care refresh (thank god). Could someone please tell me, Does the DJI care refresh carry over to the replacement drone (I'm assuming the replacement will have a different serial number). Thanks.
2021-11-24
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_NsvWeWg2y31g Posted at 11-24 14:51
Unfortunately my Mavic 3 crashed and broke on the first day I received it. I don't believe that the cause of the crash was user error but fortunately I did have DJI care refresh (thank god). Could someone please tell me, Does the DJI care refresh carry over to the replacement drone (I'm assuming the replacement will have a different serial number). Thanks.

From this DJI page:

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh

It states:

"DJI Care Refresh is a comprehensive and reliable protection plan that offers accidental damage coverage for DJI products, allowing you to enjoy your DJI product with greater peace of mind wherever you go. DJI Care Refresh (1-year plan) includes up to 2 replacements in 1 year. DJI Care Refresh (2-year plan) includes up to 3 replacements in 2 years and extends the original warranty up to 2 years from the date of purchase"

Depending on which plan you have you've used up one of your lives, so you will have 1 or 2 replacements left.
2021-11-26
Use props
fans8e70563e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118159 ft
Vietnam

YouTube livestream not working. Why?
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans8e70563e Posted at 11-28 21:02
YouTube livestream not working. Why?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please tell us more details about the issues?
2021-11-28
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 19:21
Hello there Frontliner 2020. Good day and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep filming.  .

2021-11-30
Use props
12 yr old LOL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8698 ft

United States

LOVE!! I want it but dont have the money I a 12 yr old  LOL
2021-11-30
Use props
12 yr old LOL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8698 ft

United States

12 yr old LOL Posted at 11-30 10:35
LOVE!! I want it but dont have the money I a 12 yr old  LOL

Hey if anybody has an extra pls tell me
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_J2BGFZCp2gPm
New

United States

Mimo App does not work with Pixel 6 Pro
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_TGTbJwn719oO
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

Dji is most biggest drone manufacture in the world
2021-12-4
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_J2BGFZCp2gPm Posted at 12-1 05:41
Mimo App does not work with Pixel 6 Pro

Do you get any error message? Can you supply a screenshot?
2021-12-4
Use props
kliminfoto
New

Russia

My Action 2 doesn't read any SD cards. Even San Disk Extreme Pro.
Does anybody have same problem?

2021-12-6
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kliminfoto Posted at 12-6 02:14
My Action 2 doesn't read any SD cards. Even San Disk Extreme Pro.
Does anybody have same problem?

Does the SD card you are trying work in any other device?
Have you tried formatting the card using the Action 2? Does it work then?
2021-12-6
Use props
djiuser_xSwSveIHap0D
lvl.4
New Zealand

I love the Action 2 and I think the direction DJI took when moving towards a more compact, modular camera is s great.

I use the camera underwater for freediving and like the fact that the camera module is small enough to mount on the head or dive mask without creating a lot of bulk.

The most important improvement compared to the Osmo Action is the image quality. The amount of detail and the usable iso range is great. The larger field of view is also a wellcome improvement for POV filming.

I hope DJI does not throttle the processor/sensor to appease people who complain about overheating when shooting in high framerates. Also, I’d prefer a waterproof battery module instead of a replaceable lens cover, which does not make any sense because of the backside being a display.
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_zYC5FO9BCgYt
New

Turkey

Hello everyone, 1)do the camera have one button on and start recording and one button stop and off. 2) when set digital zoom for example 3x, and turn off camera, does it start with 3x zoom ? 3) does it have narrow fov setting ?
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_CckYgdJ6Gy7E
New
Spain

Its possible do it stream on twtich with this camera?
2021-12-14
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_CckYgdJ6Gy7E Posted at 12-14 12:38
Its possible do it stream on twtich with this camera?

You can use it as a webcam via a USB C cable and get a video feed, but currently it can't do audio
2021-12-15
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_n0FXEvASbER5
New

Thailand

Can Action2 do burst shot
2021-12-21
Use props
SkipC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4475866 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not been that impressed with the quality of the Action 2 Rocksteady or a Horizon Steady features especially if you’re wanting to see more fine detail such as trees branches and leaves in the background. As a point of reference I’ve had several DJI drones along with their Pocket and Pocket 2 cams and the orig Action.  The gimbal mounted cameras definitely do better. For Horizon Steady I set the highest resolution possible 2.7K and a high frame rate usually 60 FPS which does improve it but it’s still not great but blurry especially with the lanyard while walking but does better just holding cam. I expected better especially given the price. Any suggestions or comments on your experience. 
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_HwrzNxNa7UQJ
New

United Arab Emirates

I can't download DJI Mimo in play store I tried the QR on my DJI om5 but Couldn't find anything..
2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_IZ1A78FSA0lX
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Purchased an Action 2 from UK online store, who say they buy from UK wholesaler. But I wanted to check a few things and also look for some add on lens.

Although from UK, device box has this below and language was set to Chinese/ Japanese. I fixed that by going into settings, but if from UK would box be like this?
Reason I ask, I have just purchased DJI refresh and entered serial number etc, and all gone through, but I have read refresh is only valid from device origin. So if Uk all good - if UAE a problem.

Any comments to this?

Secondly. Bought some lens and screen protectors as well as a device ‘number’ from Amazon, but I have seen OEM magnetic len covers - anyone know who sells them to UK?

Thanks
2021-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules