59081 206 2021-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SkipC Posted at 12-23 09:55
I have not been that impressed with the quality of the Action 2 Rocksteady or a Horizon Steady features especially if you’re wanting to see more fine detail such as trees branches and leaves in the background. As a point of reference I’ve had several DJI drones along with their Pocket and Pocket 2 cams and the orig Action.  The gimbal mounted cameras definitely do better. For Horizon Steady I set the highest resolution possible 2.7K and a high frame rate usually 60 FPS which does improve it but it’s still not great but blurry especially with the lanyard while walking but does better just holding cam. I expected better especially given the price. Any suggestions or comments on your experience. 

Have you set the shutter speed manually?  If so, don't- it needs something like 1/300th to work (like all EIS cameras).
2021-12-30
Use props
Warren Wang1
New

Taiwan

I’m in the same boat as you guys with the rod size but I haven’t bought the gimbal yet. I found the smallrig 3681 I hope it helps you guys.
2021-12-30
Use props
priyanshupadaya
lvl.1

India

Is the lanyard available to buy as a standalone accessory? I have the action 2 and have seem to misplace the lanyard. Where do I buy it from? This needs to be shipped to India.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_PbakaKB0LbCD
lvl.4
Germany

The old one is better for me
2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_CobB7wGvu6rg
New
United States

Well this is sad!! We got out action 2 set it & app all up took video & pictures only to not be able to upload/download or view on app. Every time I try to download it fails, called customer service only to be told they couldn’t help me either
2022-1-9
Use props
djiuser_INov7Hrbqhzv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11430 ft
United States

Hi I would like to purchase the remote without the selfie stick.  I can safely start and stop recording while I’m ryding my motorcycle while using my phone for music and navigation.
2022-1-13
Use props
HERI MIU MIU
lvl.1
Hong Kong

hallo, why dji action 2 can't connected with mimo app
2022-1-15
Use props
HERI MIU MIU
lvl.1
Hong Kong

hallo,  why my dji action 2 can't connected with mimo app
2022-1-15
Use props
KC5LAF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Snapshot is now not working correctly with latest firmware update.  Used to you had to press and hold to power up and enable snapshot to work.  Now if snapshot is enabled, it just starts recording even if you don't hold.  I hope they fix this back to the old way as now you have to record a 2 second clip, then stop it, then you can access the menus etc.
2022-1-22
Use props
djiuser_2M0zRNdyobP0
New
United States

Downloaded the latest firmware update and now I can't turn off the Quickclip Length function. It only gives me the option of 10, 15, or 30 seconds. So, the max time the camera will record is 30 seconds. Anyone know how to turn off or disable Quickclick Legnth?
2022-1-23
Use props
TeterekovPhotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1960755 ft
Bulgaria

Love it
2022-1-24
Use props
YellowCap
lvl.1
Germany

I've been testing the Action 2 for a few days now. I noticed that the recordings lose their original date when copied to the SD card. It is replaced by the copy date. The sword makes sorting and archiving the recordings a lot. And since the Action 2 unfortunately has no GPS, external geotagging is not possible either.

Do you have a solution for the problem?
2022-1-24
Use props
Daniel Toben
New

United States

Hello!

I clean up the environment on social media, and I have yet to find a great way for recording that works well. I desperately need a camera like the action 2 that does continuous loop recording. I wonder if I could mod an action 2 to make the battery external to extended the life of the camera/keep it cooler. This is hugely important to me. If can help, please let me know.
2022-1-25
Use props
djiuser_dTA93UXrL1T9
New

United States

Video_Junkie Posted at 2021-10-27 12:24
I had the original Osmo Action and loved it.  Until my house got broken into and it got stolen.  Since then, I've waited for over a year for this Action 2 to come out with high anticipation of buying it, but sad to say, I'm going to have to do a hard pass!!  Slick design, I like the magnetic feature, but only 32gigs internal storage for a 4k 120fps camera and no memory card slot to expand it?  I have to attach the external battery in order to gain additional storage that, in turn, makes the device too big for action use?  How am I attaching all that to a helmet, or ski's, surfboard, etc?

Here is the scenario I would have to do:  I put this on my helmet and go shoot video for about 20 minutes, come back and be like, "hold on, I have to offload this video footage before I can go back out and shoot more because this thing ONLY has 32 gigs of storage".  I'm NOT doing that, that's an epic fail!  The main body should have 128 gigs minimum if you're not going to allow for a memory card slot.  (probably an exaggeration, but you get my point)

I agree. I saw a few of these flaws in review videos and decided to get the Osmo. Once I got over the ridiculously dumb setup (especially since Ulefone isn't compatible, and Ulefones kick ass), I'm enjoying the ease of use and practical design. No freezes like GoPro either. Its frustrating because all they had to do was improve a few things and you got a GoPro killer. I mean the internet buzz by Osmo users is off the charts. Sad but hopefully it serves a purpose for those who don't want the "action" benefits of a small camera.
2022-1-29
Use props
Richard Bailey
New

United States

kupoakupoa Posted at 2021-10-27 06:59
can someone from DJI confirm that the Screen-module  has NO micro-SD-card slot?
if so then This is a real fatal design flaw.
It has a card slot and extra mics. Max 256gb
2022-1-31
Use props
fanse2ce8a74
New
Flight distance : 3094 ft
Singapore

May i know can i use the remote controller without the stand on the action 2 camera during skydive?
2022-2-6
Use props
djiuser_wAg91d299DFs
New

Canada

Having trouble with a drone I just purchased. I was told it’s a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Can anyone confirm. Also getting a low ambient light message / forwardobstacle sensing unavailable. I calibrated drone and did updates. At first when I did update it said gimble disconnected but now it’s connected but getting low light message still. Any help would be appreciated.
Thx Ryan
2022-2-7
Use props
djiuser_dwriTiCsZe4x
lvl.1
Japan

次のアップデートでロスト用のブザーが鳴るようにしてほしい
2022-2-7
Use props
fans80c532df
New
Australia

I bought the Action 2 camera today. It keeps disconnecting from the phone after about 5 seconds connecting. Can’t record videos or capture photos. Can’t even playback media or transfer to the phone. It keeps showing “Current app version or DJI Mimo
not supported” even though I have the latest versions. Very unpleasant experience. Literally useless device when you even cannot playback your media from the phone.
2022-2-10
Use props
fans82b6d504
lvl.1

Turkey

What's the max capacity sd memory card i can use with the latest firmware update?
2022-2-13
Use props
roll film
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_CobB7wGvu6rg Posted at 1-9 20:25
Well this is sad!! We got out action 2 set it & app all up took video & pictures only to not be able to upload/download or view on app. Every time I try to download it fails, called customer service only to be told they couldn’t help me either

It is bad business dji has not to get that app fixed, when you call support for North America the phone answers to a room full of chatter without interruption.
Somebody needs to leave the sweatshop and go answer the phone.........
2022-2-14
Use props
roll film
lvl.2
United States

HERI MIU MIU Posted at 1-15 03:04
hallo, why dji action 2 can't connected with mimo app

Since I purchased Osmo Action (the all-in-one unit) a few months ago I've never been able to use the mimo app either.  What raises the disgust level much higher is how silent dji is about any effort to correct the problems with an update, great communication tools, and they just remain silent............
They didn't have any problem depositing my payment though.................
2022-2-14
Use props
djiuser_AN60JrVe7TVG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161939 ft
Malaysia

Hi i just purchased the Dji action 2 but i'm unable to update the firmware, it just stops downloading the firmware update at 49%, i've tried it on both android and iphone. Can someone please advice? I can't seem to contact anyone from dji support, be it through the FB page or online or by phone...
Screenshot_20220215-015736.jpg
2022-2-14
Use props
djiuser_04X6JC11pPq6
New

United Kingdom

Can I watch my recorded videos on my TV  direct from cam
2022-2-19
Use props
djiuser_04X6JC11pPq6
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_AN60JrVe7TVG Posted at 2-14 23:52
Hi i just purchased the Dji action 2 but i'm unable to update the firmware, it just stops downloading the firmware update at 49%, i've tried it on both android and iphone. Can someone please advice? I can't seem to contact anyone from dji support, be it through the FB page or online or by phone...[Image]

Turn camera off and download on wifi
2022-2-19
Use props
djiuser_Xyrp4TB6p9js
lvl.1
United States

This is my fix for 1080P 30FPS Steady:

ISO 12800
Shutter Speed 1/120
FOV Ultra Wide  

Rock steady was perfect but when I chose steady (to save battery and record longer)
I was getting very minimal shaky frames. It was noticeable compared to rock steady.
So in steady I tried to mimic and get the rock steady view by choosing Ultra Wide and it worked.
Maybe the camera wants to use those ultra wide lens/view all the time and causes it to shake?

Now it works perfect.

Auto sucks and doesn’t work. It will make things worse.
This camera is really buggy and I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it
My footage I recorded all day was horrible/ruined in auto.

I wish we could auto ISO and manual shutter speed, is that even possible?

If it is they need to add that in the next update.

Or if we can select the ISO auto range that would be perfect.
I would do 100~7,616 to get that I phone 13 pro max ISO.

I feel 12800 is too bright in manual mode with 1/120 shutter speed.
2022-2-19
Use props
djiuser_Xyrp4TB6p9js
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Xyrp4TB6p9js Posted at 2-19 20:15

ISO 12800

My perfect settings for 1080P 30FPS Steady would be 1/120 manual shutter speed and auto ISO 100~8000

Can we get to choose manual shutter speed and auto ISO in the next update please?

Can the auto ISO be set to any number we want?
Instead of the presets.

Let us input 8,000 if we want or set an auto range from 1 to any number. For example 1~8,000
2022-2-19
Use props
djiuser_Xyrp4TB6p9js
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Xyrp4TB6p9js Posted at 2-19 20:15

ISO 12800

My perfect settings for 1080P 30FPS Steady would be 1/120 manual shutter speed and auto ISO 100~8000

Can we get to choose manual shutter speed and auto ISO in the next update please?

Can the auto ISO be set to any number we want?
Instead of the presets.

Let us input 8,000 if we want or set an auto range from 1 to any number. For example 1~8,000
2022-2-19
Use props
djiuser_8UaLaTpu1kVJ
lvl.1

Germany

Using Actuin 2 fro couple of weeks & recorded several video's, but trying to edit (combine, cut, edit, music, use templates) using Mimo proves difficult.   Likely I am missing something, yet useful VIDEO's, Step by step guides, quick tips, would make life a lot easier.  I find the camera intuitive, MIMO Not. My 11 year old daughetr edit's 10 times quicker using apps from TikTok, is that the way to go???
2022-2-21
Use props
goneboating
New

United States

when will the action 2 heat problem be resolved?
2022-2-22
Use props
krashum
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Please help!  

I first purchased my Action 2 about 4 months ago, it worked perfectly since the firmware update.  Since the update I am unable to reliably connect wirelessly to transfer data to my phone a Samsung Note 20 Ultra.  it would connect for a few seconds then disconnect once I start to download then it gives SD card error, I have used 4 different sd cards that the support suggested and nothing seems to work.  DJI support suggested I send it in for inspection and they decided to send me a new unit.  I activated and did the set up with the new unit and I am still having the same issues.  Is there a way to transfer videos from the camera to my phone using usb c cables?

The way I am transferring videos to my phone right now is by taking the sd card out and putting it in my Pocket 2 then transfer wirelessly, it's a bit frustrating but that's the only way that I've been able to without using a computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!
2022-2-24
Use props
djiuser_fuzf1dUR9gnS
New

Dominican Republic

Hola tengo un control modelo plus gl300e  con firmware de v.1.2.2. Cuando descargo la aplicaciones de terceros por ejemplo pix4d capture o  dji piloto PE cuando le doy a instalar me dice que no puedo  y sale un error mi
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_6H1tK9uL3A6Q
lvl.1
Italy

connectivity problem with facebook and streaming problem with YouTube.
2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_6H1tK9uL3A6Q
lvl.1
Italy

youtube or Facebook live Stream not working
2022-3-3
Use props
Luftikus2608
New
Flight distance : 25646 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi all!  I wish everone a nice evening. My name is Thomas and since few flights I use the Action 2 as quality cam for my Iflight Nazgul as well as for my DJI FPV.
I have a problem with the footage and do not know what brings up the effect. I attached a picture. This effect I can see on both drones footage.
Anyone has an idea or same effects?

Due to microfone issues, I got the first changed by warranty. And the same effekt I had with the previous on.

You can also see sample video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7ybwXIvTA

Thank you so much for a small feedback.

Thomas

2022-3-18
Use props
fans7a93e62e
New

Japan

Hi..my action 2 have big problem…videos very shaky and jolting nearly unusable. I try many stabilization and video variations but nothing changed…I search on YouTube videos no one have same issue i only find one person  with same problem on Reddit ..I think I got faulty unit..So what can I do ? do DJI replace my action 2 with new one…thanx
2022-4-18
Use props
fansb1e92baa
New
Mexico

I purchased based on delivery details provided on the DJI website, but it now appears it will take 2 weeks longer. Be careful with DJI's LIES!
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansb1e92baa Posted at 4-19 15:17
I purchased based on delivery details provided on the DJI website, but it now appears it will take 2 weeks longer. Be careful with DJI's LIES!

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you tell me your order number? We'll do our best to help it out.
2022-4-21
Use props
djiuser_0xymrU32LUy8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239560 ft
Netherlands

Trying to make a longer hyperlaps, with the Action 2 mounted on my bike, so cooling is not the issue. But it stops recording at random intervals?
2022-4-22
Use props
tuankhoa
New

Canada

Hello All
Why when I connect Action 2 directly to PC Windows 10 to transfer the files, it killed my Wifi! This is unthinkable but it is true. Have you ever experienced something like that?
2022-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules