Google Pixel 6 pro and Mini2
2633 10 2021-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FellStrider
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just got this phone and while I can connect to my Mini 2, the camera output is not visible.  The histogram is though and is clearly responding.  HELP!
2021-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FellStrider. I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-10-27
Use props
Hartsideman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498855 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 18:51
Hello there FellStrider. I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Stephen . Whilst i appreciate your comment . That's just a cop out .... go buy a different phone that works ? The site you download  the software on, says compatible with versions of Android from 6 and upwards . I would suggest it would be more encouraging to say we are working hard to bring our software up to date with these new phones rather than the usual , it's not on the supported list , at its price point this phone is going to be very popular and there will be hundreds of not thousands of dissapointed dji owners out there like myself... FYI Dji go 4 and mavic works on the pixel with live video feed ... so it's obviously a coding  problem with the go fly app and the mini 2 ... rather than an issue on the phone ??  
2021-10-28
Use props
FellStrider
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Stephen
My new phone - and it is new to the world in general, doesn't work with the fly app and the mini 2, but the phone I replaced does and still does - so this is not about anything other that the app drone combo doesn't work with the new Google Pixel 6 pro.
Hartsideman is absolutely right - this is an issue for you guys, and I'd like to know it will be dealt with.  I was looking forward to having a much brighter screen and find myself still stuck with my old phone.  Having just spent £850 on it, I am not going to replace it!  There will be a lot of people in my position.  Please refer this to your technical guys.
2021-10-29
Use props
fans398f9cdb
lvl.2
United States

I am also having this issue with my pixel 6 Pro and mini 2. We understand that this phone isn't listed as a compatible device. However we are reporting this issue in hopes that dji will step up to the plate and resolve it. I have been very happy with my mini 2 and am also VERY happy with my new phone. At this point I am having to keep my old phone just to be able to use my mini 2 (at a cost of $100 that I would be getting for trading it in).
2021-10-29
Use props
bobpedley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 668540 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 18:51

I have the same problem.  
Guess I didn't have DJI Fly compatibility on my check list of things that a new phone must support.
Bound to be a popular phone, I think, except for existing and potential DJI customers.
2021-10-29
Use props
JonJadot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11637 ft
Canada

I have a regular pixel 6 and spoke to a chat representative.  I forwarded all requested logs, he said he'd forward to development team and email me back in 2 or 3 days.  fingers x
2021-10-29
Use props
FellStrider
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JonJadot Posted at 10-29 18:46
I have a regular pixel 6 and spoke to a chat representative.  I forwarded all requested logs, he said he'd forward to development team and email me back in 2 or 3 days.  fingers x

Hi Jonjadot.
Id appreciate it if you'd update us when you hear back.  This is a pretty big issue
2021-10-30
Use props
Hartsideman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498855 ft
United Kingdom

FellStrider Posted at 10-30 13:46
Hi Jonjadot.
Id appreciate it if you'd update us when you hear back.  This is a pretty big issue

I also sent information but as yet I've had no email
2021-10-30
Use props
Ash82
New
Flight distance : 41726 ft
United Kingdom

Just hurd the news that mini 2 does not work with Pixel 6 pro. I havent used mine for quite some time as the usb on my previous phone was broken. Just recently got a pixel 6 pro and decided to try it.
And it Works! i have display on my phone from the camera. I was very carefully not to update any firmware.
The app is straight from DJI's website download today.
Aircraft FW: 01.03.0000
RC FW: 04.11.0016
Flysafe DB: 01.00.01.23
Flysafe DB for aaps: 01.00.01.25
App: 1.5.1

My question to everyone is what version are you on your DJI.

My pixel is fully upto date and its the UK version.

I am tempted to update the firmware but afraid it will break my dji.
Maybe someone can try downgrading and testing it.
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules