DJI Mic - external mic input?
9369 12 2021-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

I've been looking through all the info on the DJI Mic and no mention is made of being able to plug in a lavalier mic. All the promo shots show the transmitter units clipped on to clothes or held on by magnets. There is no mention in the FAQs either.
The photos do seem to show two round features on the top face of the Tx units, which I am suspecting are 1) the built in mic and 2) a 3.5mm jack socket for an external.

Confirmation either way would be very useful, thanks
2021-10-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

My guess is they maybe using some kind of adapter like the cynova one that was for the original osmo action, or just plugging in by USB c on either the front facing module or the extra power module. Not too sure though. I'm curious about that myself.
2021-10-27
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

@JodyB heh, that's a different question I think. It looks to me from the animation of the DJI Mic, in the accessories section near the bottom of the DJI Action 2 page, that the Rx does indeed plug into the USB-C port on the front facing or power modules.

My original query was actually at the Tx end. Does it accept an external mic like the Pocket 2 wireless mic Tx? From the photos I'm fairly convinced that it does, but the text makes zero reference to that use case.

Confirmation DJI?
2021-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm sure they've thought of something.
2021-10-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

about 04;50 you see it has a 3.5mm and also a USB c cable  
2021-10-27
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A good view there of the ports which "must" be 3.5mm sockets, but oddly the reviewer makes no mention of external mics, despite moaning about having to clip the Tx on the outside of his t-shirt for best audio.

I'm sure it'll occur to someone to mention it soon though. Plenty of people use laveliers but want the mobility of wireless.
2021-10-28
Use props
MartijnS
New

Netherlands

Additionaly: does the 3.5mm connector provide power for a Rode videomic Go?
2021-12-7
Use props
MartijnS
New

Netherlands

@ Nicodema: My DJI wireless mic for the Pocket 2 does support a lavalier mic via the 3.5mm socket, so I think it will.... but not if it has a safety ring to screw it onto a transmitter.
2021-12-7
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

This video demonstrates the external mic feature of the DJI Mic and even shows you which lavalieres are best for the system. Hopefully, they will eventually test other types of external mics.

2021-12-7
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gollan Posted at 12-7 05:54
This video demonstrates the external mic feature of the DJI Mic and even shows you which lavalieres are best for the system. Hopefully, they will eventually test other types of external mics.

https://youtu.be/Vsf9nIiMgPA

Thanks Gollan. That is perfect.
Looks like the Shure is a no brainer too.
2021-12-7
Use props
hannu.saaskilahti
lvl.1
Finland

I got mine today and tested the following external mics without hearing any noticeable disturbance via my headphones connected to the receiver.
Rode Videomic NTG
Rode smartLav+ (the older smartLav has a problem)
Rode Lavalier with micon-2 adapter
Zoom LMF-2 (mic that came with the Zoom F2)
2022-8-1
Use props
PepMardi
lvl.1

Australia

Hi I have noticed cross talk across the left and right channel when plugging in 3.5 mm jack on the transmitter. I am trying to use as a camera hop from a headphone output however I can hear a lower level bleed spill into the other channel. This does not happen when unplugging the 3.5mm jack. I wonder if I am doing something wrong. Signal is doing the right thing its correct channel though its just the bleed into the other channel which is annoying.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_6dMRxJc93HeR
lvl.1

United States

hannu.saaskilahti Posted at 2022-8-1 09:55
I got mine today and tested the following external mics without hearing any noticeable disturbance via my headphones connected to the receiver.
Rode Videomic NTG
Rode smartLav+ (the older smartLav has a problem)

Were you able to record 2 channels from the videomic ntg? It would be nice to have the safety channel from the mic recorded.
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules