questions and Answers Action 2
738 25 2021-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

We all have questions and like answers, and thought this be an excellent topic for that   post below your question that someone who may own one can answer

My question is what is hte Maximum  setting for Horizon Steady is it H1080 @60fps and FOV

My question is does it have a Video  timer

Action 2 https://amzn.to/3GApD47
2021-10-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Horizon steady works only 2.7k max - with some restriction on frame rate - it's in the videos somewhere...
2021-10-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-27 15:18
Horizon steady works only 2.7k max - with some restriction on frame rate - it's in the videos somewhere...

thank you   I  thank you for that
2021-10-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Someone already posted a question about external audio input with the DJI wireless mic that I can’t find anywhere for sale, but I have some external Mics already that I used with the original OA so I’m wondering if I’ll be able to use those or if I’ll need something different.
2021-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. HorizonSteady is only available when the video resolution is 1080p (16:9) or 2.7K (16:9)
You may refer to the picture below

Or learn more specifications here:https://www.dji.com/sg/dji-action-2/specs
2021-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 10-27 16:50
Someone already posted a question about external audio input with the DJI wireless mic that I can’t find anywhere for sale, but I have some external Mics already that I used with the original OA so I’m wondering if I’ll be able to use those or if I’ll need something different.

Hello, there. The receiver of DJI MIC has USB-C, Lightning, and 3.5mm TRS ports, making it compatible with mainstream smartphones, cameras, and laptops. You may also refer to the picture below:

2021-10-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Just my 5 cents here:

People need to remember it is a really SMALL camera, so there is no much room for anything on the main unit.
But I wish it could had mic-input and sdcard slot on main unit, and it would be a little bit bigger for that cost and probably not waterproof.

Only the main unit do work great as a helmet cam, but with about 20+ min recording time, it can be a challenge. But I will try to mount it on chin-mount with extra power-unit on to see if it will work good or not.
But I wonder how long it will take to recharge the main unit with the power unit? I guess it will take atleast an hour.
Extra screen/power-units do work as a powerbank out in field, and can probably charge the main unit up to 2-3 times.

And how about using a second main unit and download the footage to power-unit? Will it f-up the file-names? If there could be separte folders, then it would work.

But we need to remember that this camera is made for creativity, and probably ment to be like a better version than insta go 2 (and it sure is).

I will probably use this as a second camera when out with my atv, and being magnet it have so many possible places to be mounted.

For the future, I still hope for a new "ordinary" action-cam with true 5K.

And I love that it has really wide fov, but will not use it on the widest setting.
2021-10-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-27 17:38
Hello, there. HorizonSteady is only available when the video resolution is 1080p (16:9) or 2.7K (16:9)
[view_image]

Would have been nice to keep to the 4K platform with at least  some Horizon steady, or at least offer software  that can do it . feedback is important.
2021-10-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 10-28 01:36
Just my 5 cents here:

People need to remember it is a really SMALL camera, so there is no much room for anything on the main unit.

We'll have to see about the filenames with using the same power module or front facing module messing up file names. Logically thinking, it shouldn't, should pick up after the last file name. But again, thats just me thinking and may not be whats actually coded into the os software of the camera so it could mess them up.
2021-10-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

JodyB Posted at 10-28 04:20
We'll have to see about the filenames with using the same power module or front facing module messing up file names. Logically thinking, it shouldn't, should pick up after the last file name. But again, thats just me thinking and may not be whats actually coded into the os software of the camera so it could mess them up.

The reason I was thinking about this, if you use 2 main units so you can continue recording without waiting for it to charge up.
But I think they will have filenames like DJI001 etc.
2021-10-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 10-28 05:20
The reason I was thinking about this, if you use 2 main units so you can continue recording without waiting for it to charge up.
But I think they will have filenames like DJI001 etc.

Yeah, that naming convention holds true across all the drones and osmo devices that I own already. So I don't know why they would change it for the Action 2.
2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 10-28 03:11
Would have been nice to keep to the 4K platform with at least  some Horizon steady, or at least offer software  that can do it . feedback is important.

Hi, there. Thanks for your feedback. We have forwarded your advice to our designated teams.
2021-10-29
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi - is there any way of using the audio/microphones on the Action 2 as audio input when in webcam mode?  I am using Windows 11 and connecting via USB and unfortunately this option doesn't appear to be available.  Could an option also be added to allow WiFi connectivity from PC <-> Webcam without having to use the USB C port please
2021-10-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

johansenfoto Posted at 10-28 01:36
Just my 5 cents here:

People need to remember it is a really SMALL camera, so there is no much room for anything on the main unit.

Hi, there. Thanks for your feedback. We have forwarded it to our designated teams. Please tell us if you have any other questions.
2021-10-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-27 17:38
Hello, there. HorizonSteady is only available when the video resolution is 1080p (16:9) or 2.7K (16:9)
[view_image]

Thank  you DJI Wanda for the blurb about the DJI Mic but my question wasn't about DJI Mic, it was about using other microphones like shotgun mics with TRRS 3.5 mm connections or like the Saramonic Lavalier USB C mic that was made for the Osmo Action, will those be able to be used? In the case of the 3.5 mm mics, will there be an adapter like the Cynova adapter and such?
2021-10-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JodyB Posted at 10-29 03:43
Thank  you DJI Wanda for the blurb about the DJI Mic but my question wasn't about DJI Mic, it was about using other microphones like shotgun mics with TRRS 3.5 mm connections or like the Saramonic Lavalier USB C mic that was made for the Osmo Action, will those be able to be used? In the case of the 3.5 mm mics, will there be an adapter like the Cynova adapter and such?

Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. We have confirmed your question with our designated teams and the answer is No. The Type-C port of the Osmo Action can not directly be used with DJI MIC. It requires an audio adapter if you want to. Currently, DJI MIC can be used with DJI Action2, OM series. Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
2021-10-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-29 04:12
Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. We have confirmed your question with our designated teams and the answer is No. The Type-C port of the Osmo Action can not directly be used with DJI MIC. It requires an audio adapter if you want to. Currently, DJI MIC can be used with DJI Action2, OM series. Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

ok, I do appreciate the information and all you guys do to help us out but lets take the original Osmo Action out of the picture. Lets say I wanted to use my Rhode Video Mic Go with my Action 2. What would I need to make that happen or is it possible?
2021-10-29
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

JodyB Posted at 10-29 04:18
ok, I do appreciate the information and all you guys do to help us out but lets take the original Osmo Action out of the picture. Lets say I wanted to use my Rhode Video Mic Go with my Action 2. What would I need to make that happen or is it possible?

you can use any kind of android phone type-c to 3.5mm audio adapter.
insert 3.5mm audio adapter in front screen module or battery module.
and then use rode mic to connect the 3.5mm.  
2021-10-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If I connect a stereo mic in that way, would it record in stereo?
2021-10-29
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-29 04:52
If I connect a stereo mic in that way, would it record in stereo?

you will. action2 supports that
2021-10-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-29 04:45
you can use any kind of android phone type-c to 3.5mm audio adapter.
insert 3.5mm audio adapter in front screen module or battery module.
and then use rode mic to connect the 3.5mm.

DJI-ytao, thank you so much for your answer. I really do appreciate it. It is good to know that the audio equipment that I have isn't deprecated. Thank you again for the answer and everything you guys do to help us out!!
2021-10-29
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4284491 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Does anybody know, what the minimum interval for Timlapses using RAW / DNG is? With Osmo Action it was 2s, was this improved to 1s or lowers?
I can't find any information about this.
2021-10-29
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

edwardquan Posted at 10-29 03:14
Hi - is there any way of using the audio/microphones on the Action 2 as audio input when in webcam mode?  I am using Windows 11 and connecting via USB and unfortunately this option doesn't appear to be available.  Could an option also be added to allow WiFi connectivity from PC  Webcam without having to use the USB C port please

@DJI Wanda - can you pls help with this query?
2021-10-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-29 05:38
you will. action2 supports that

Thanks for that info.  In high winds, an external mic with proper windshield is a good idea.  But it would be nice if such a mic was on sale that was only the size of a grain of rice, to match the camera!
2021-10-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-30 03:34
Thanks for that info.  In high winds, an external mic with proper windshield is a good idea.  But it would be nice if such a mic was on sale that was only the size of a grain of rice, to match the camera!

Agreed, with the size of the action 2, connecting about any external mic will make it look like your just carrying around a microphone
2021-10-30
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

External mic and usb power bank at same time? That's what I want to know :-)
2021-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules