Looking for Tablet
407 5 2021-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeff125
lvl.1

Canada

Hi all,

Just picked up a Mavic Air 2 and looking for the minimum spec ipad (or android tablet) I can get that will work with it. I think a bigger/brighter screen will be better. Also a good mount as well.
Thanks!
2021-10-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use an ASUS Zenpad Z8s (not Z8) 7.9" Android tablet. I had 3 and gave one away with my Mini 2. I use one for the M2p and another for the A2s and MA2. I bought all of them used on eBay for $70-90. I do not know of any tablets at a reasonable price that are very bright.  With a 7.9" size, I only use a small plastic mount extension with the standard MA2/A2s/Mini2 controller.
https://www.amazon.com/Extender- ... _i=B088NWT5V6&psc=1

To be clear, no Android tablets are approved for use by DJI, so I take the risk of them becoming unusable with each software update..

2021-10-27
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
Belarus

iPad mini 5 works great. Had to upgrade from the mini 4.
2021-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jeff125. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best response from our fellow DJI Co plots on what tablet or mobile device they are using. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-10-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a used Samsung Tab S6 that I bought off Swappa.   Plenty bright and the bigger display is easier to see than my much smaller mobile device.  I did buy a tablet adapter and longer cord to use.  
2021-10-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (8 inch tablet) still works fine with my drones AND the latest Android/DJI software and firmware. It's about 4 years old. You could probably pick one up for around £40 Sterling equivalent.
2021-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules