DJI Fly dosen't show video on Pixel 6 Pro
123456Next >
30366 216 2021-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KM52
New
Germany

DJI Fly App shows only a black screen instead of the video window on a Google Pixel 6 Pro phone. V1.4.12

2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KM52. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-10-28
Use props
KM52
New
Germany

It works with a Samsung S8+ and a Redmi Note 8T (Android 10). It would be nice using the Pixel 6 because it has a very bright display compared to the other ones.
2021-10-28
Use props
Bings Mavic Air 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1306624 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem. Gutted that I can't use the drone with my phone :-(   
2021-10-28
Use props
tcouture37
New

United States

I am also hitting this problem. Really hope pixel 6 pro gets support ASAP.
2021-10-28
Use props
fans398f9cdb
lvl.2
United States

I'm also having the same issue with my pixel 6 Pro☹️ Works fine with my old pixel 2XL.
2021-10-28
Use props
alex_sundowner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439459 ft
Germany

Same issue here! With the Pixel 6.
2021-10-28
Use props
Hartsideman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498855 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue ... the pixel 6 and pro are going to be very popular phones . There are going to be a lot of very disappointed owners of dji drones ...getting their pixel phones only to find out it does not work with dji fly app.. it does however work with the older dji go 4 software and my mavic drone .. so it must be a software/ Coding issue with the fly app .. come on DJI  you are known for innovation in the field of drones .. let's hope you can get the software code sorted
2021-10-28
Use props
djiuser_DGDaf1Zgz3Da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11637 ft
Canada

Same issue Pixel 6 256GB.  Tried older fly app, but that just crashes on launch.
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_Qnn4mSDDHCyA
New

United States

Also having the same issue with the camera on my 6 Pro. Any updates?  I use the drone for work all the time.
2021-10-29
Use props
scuj1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 372123 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here. This better be resolved quickly DJI, this is EXTREMELY disappointing! It's an Android 12 issue not a specific phone issue.

Also why does the latest version of the app not download pictures realtime to my phone? This was a feature that differentiated it with the Mavic Mini. Another also... why do I have to manually select everything to be backed up on my phone? This was done automatically before.

2021-10-29
Use props
thommcg
New
Flight distance : 1028481 ft
Ireland

DJI Fly's the only app I use which has had issues with Android 12 & now the Pixel 6 specifically. Ridiculous for a company which claims to have an "unparalleled commitment to R&D, a culture of constant innovation".
2021-10-29
Use props
fans80160d4e
New
United States

Bings Mavic Air 2 Posted at 10-28 06:13
I have exactly the same problem. Gutted that I can't use the drone with my phone :-(

Yes it bites, my Pixel updated to Android 12 and now app won't work, so either I reset my phone or sell the  Drone. It was bad enough I had the issue when I had to get a new phone 2 years ago and it had Android 11 and didn't work right till just a short while ago.
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_530lxjjsbl6U
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2353225 ft
United States

Same thing here , works on other phones, but not my Google pixel 6 pro ( no video ) includes mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 running Android 12.
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_fUPTtdMhWqS9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204987 ft
United States

If it’s anything like the Galaxy Tab A7, changing the transmission from HD to smooth and back to HD may fix it.
2021-10-29
Use props
Kav77
lvl.1

Australia

Same problem here, have mini 2 with Pixel 6 and getting a black screen. Hopefully they will update it soon to work with it.
2021-10-29
Use props
djiuser_8JBzlqFwPHGR
New

France

Same here no video return with Pixel 6.
Was working fine when I first plug it in, did a firmware upgrade (01.03.0000) and then no more video return...
Works fine with older phones (nexus 5x, pixel XL, pixel 2, pixel 3a)
2021-10-30
Use props
Larswgas
lvl.1

Germany

I am facing the same issue, with the new Pixel 6 on Android 12 and the latest DJI Apps which I installed from the DJI Download Center.  All the settings and the menu interface are available in the App, but there is no live video feed, just a black screen. It is the same issue wheather with the DJI Fly App (V 1.4.12) using the Mavic Mini as the DJI MIMO App (v1.7.0) using the Osmo Action.  Disappointing.
2021-10-30
Use props
djiuser_d7vKSByD4fDB
lvl.1

United States

I'm facing the same challenge with my Google pixel 6 pro.
2021-10-30
Use props
djiuser_esgnJGVvnV6B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108839 ft
United States

Exact same issue as OP. Pixel 6 Pro. Can fly drone via line of site. I am not receiving video feed to app and phone. Worked fine with my Pixel 3xl.

DJI, get your crap together ASAP.

I cannot fly my drone now as a result. For a company that says they are cutting edge, how the hell do you miss the largest Android phone release of the year?
2021-10-30
Use props
djiuser_vRE10e3TU2q7
lvl.1

United States

Same issue. Just upgraded for pixel 2 to 6 and now I can't fly my expensive drone any more. Dji support suggests I get another phone. What a joke. Don't think I'll buy another dji in the future
2021-10-30
Use props
blablasalsa
New
Flight distance : 85873 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 01:25
Hello there KM52. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Did a DJI employee just officially say "you should use another phone instead"?
If I had to find a reply that would for sure upset the entire community, I wouldn't have found anything better.
2021-10-31
Use props
fans1037c5e2
New
United Kingdom

blablasalsa Posted at 10-31 03:07
Did a DJI employee just officially say "you should use another phone instead"?
If I had to find a reply that would for sure upset the entire community, I wouldn't have found anything better.

What is this Pixel 6 phone? A company called Google? Never heard of them, DJI can't be expected to support every phone released they just don't have the capacity! Especially when the phone is running such a modified version of Android!
2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_8yZSoLzPYPS4
New

United States

djiuser_esgnJGVvnV6B Posted at 10-30 16:11
Exact same issue as OP. Pixel 6 Pro. Can fly drone via line of site. I am not receiving video feed to app and phone. Worked fine with my Pixel 3xl.

DJI, get your crap together ASAP.

Whine much? I also have the Pixel 6 Pro, but it didn't stop me from flying. Use another phone or device in the mean time. I'm using my Pixel XL 3 until the Pixel 6 issue is patched up. Workaround the issue. Don't let the issue stop you.
2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_4RgetUDZV4rP
New

United States

DJI, please fix this issue. My Pixel 6 also has a black screen when using the drone.
2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_MmXyybnQ2bjt
New

United States

I'm having the same issue. Just upgraded to the pixel 6 pro, no video feed through DJI app. I confirmed that camera permissions were allowed, still no resolve. I wish that DJIs response was something other than please use a recommended device. Obviously. Maybe let us know that they're looking into it? The new pixel is already a popular Android phone. Hoping for some resolve.
2021-11-1
Use props
dawim
New
Flight distance : 44455 ft
United States

Same issue here on the Base Pixel 6 and I don't get a video feed, the other controls seem to be ok
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_NKbJkHrWWBQA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 341985 ft
Canada

djiuser_MmXyybnQ2bjt Posted at 11-1 07:14
I'm having the same issue. Just upgraded to the pixel 6 pro, no video feed through DJI app. I confirmed that camera permissions were allowed, still no resolve. I wish that DJIs response was something other than please use a recommended device. Obviously. Maybe let us know that they're looking into it? The new pixel is already a popular Android phone. Hoping for some resolve.

Exactly the same thing also here. Come on DJI! Make us happy ! It shouldn't be that complex. This is vanilla Android 12
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_0C3rFqJ0AQ0A
lvl.1

Germany

Same issue with Pixel 6...it worked fine with my Pixel 5...
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_c7tf6zAPbv0u
New

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 01:25
Hello there KM52. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Maybe rather than buying a new phone to work with your drones, I'll buy a new drone to work with my phone. I'll send the DJI Mini SE back for a refund and let everyone know not to get a DJI drone unless they want to be unable to buy new phones for fear of them being incompatible.
2021-11-2
Use props
Petsi
New

Germany

Same issue here with Pixel 6 Pro no video feed.
Please fix!
2021-11-3
Use props
slackbob1
lvl.1
France

I cant believe that DJI treats its customers like this, their support for android users is beyond disgusting. I definitely wont be buying another DJI device until they change their approach.
2021-11-3
Use props
Johny2605
New

Germany

I am also very suprised about such an attitude...DJI please update APP ASAP! Google phone should be supported!
Nevertheless please integrate the APP into the Play Store. In 2021 it is not usual to download an APP from a second source site...
2021-11-3
Use props
IamMugs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27710 ft
United States

I'm not here to yell.  As someone in the software field, I understand that a new device, especially with Android and it's many different brands can be hard to maintain.  However, I am also here to say I am a Pixel user and add me to the list of people who can no longer use their drone properly.
2021-11-3
Use props
PaulQ
lvl.1

United States

Add me to the list. I also bought one of the most hyped, instantly sold-out, Google phones (Pixel 6 Pro) and am very disappointed it doesn't work with my $$$$$ drone. However, the phone just came out so I can see needing a couple of weeks to figure it out. Hopefully, DJI is on it and not actually suggesting we go buy a new phone instead. The drone already wiped out my bank account.

Update... DJI mimo app doesn't work with Pocket 2 either. Black screen.

2021-11-3
Use props
scuj1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 372123 ft
United Kingdom

Are we going to get an official response to any of this DJI?

I effectively have a £550 paperweight because you can't make your app compatible with Android 12 which has been in Beta for MONTHS!
2021-11-4
Use props
AgntPr0v0cateur
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Great! What sort of an answer is "use another phone"? Unlike some others, I only have one phone and I can't just "buy" another because it's very expensive to do so. I really  hope you guys are giving this some serious effort to get it fixed!
2021-11-4
Use props
IamMugs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27710 ft
United States

You will need to uninstall the non-beta, then install this.

It is likely you will need to do this process again, when a GA release comes out.

EDIT: This beta does not correct the issue - sorry

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/eb95af7a-a51c-41e4-825f-d94344385628

2021-11-4
Use props
DJIxPixel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131247 ft
United States

Maybe DJI can make their source code open so we can fix it.
2021-11-4
Use props
djiuser_IDode7R3dafh
lvl.1
United States

I see a black screen on my pixel 6 pro 128gb. And I just bought this drone today. The mini 2
2021-11-4
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules