DJI Fly dosen't show video on Pixel 6 Pro
30335 216 2021-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fwO1RwqqGmif
lvl.1
France

Hello,
Same problem with the google pixel 6 pro and samsung s21 which are in android 12.
The android 12 beta version has been around for months ... I find DJI's total contempt for its customers ...
Really amateur
2021-11-5
Use props
Mouste63
lvl.1
France

djiuser_8yZSoLzPYPS4 Posted at 10-31 08:59
Whine much? I also have the Pixel 6 Pro, but it didn't stop me from flying. Use another phone or device in the mean time. I'm using my Pixel XL 3 until the Pixel 6 issue is patched up. Workaround the issue. Don't let the issue stop you.

C'est pas à nous client de contourner le problème, c'est à la société de respecter ses clients !!!!!
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_IDode7R3dafh
lvl.1
United States

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT FOR PIXEL 6 PRO ASAP I JUST BOUGHT THIS DRONE YESTERDAY CANT EVEN VIEW THE LIVE FOOTAGE
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_0C3rFqJ0AQ0A
lvl.1

Germany

Same issue here !
The recommendation to use another phone is unacceptable, I will definitely not pick another phone because DJI Fly doesn't work on it, rather I will return the drone and pick another one from another manufacturer which works with my phone...
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_3YaoKjYVNATJ
lvl.1

Mexico

Any update from developers?
2021-11-5
Use props
AltraF87
lvl.2
United States

Just updated to 1.5.0. STILL no live video feed for pixel 6 pro. C'mon DJI. Hottest android phone of the year and there's no support for it???
2021-11-5
Use props
Muzazah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34790 ft
United States

Same issue pixel 6 no video. I see the histogram and all icons but no video.
2021-11-5
Use props
Paul Romeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64160 ft
United States

Same here! Just got my 6 Pro and was so concerned about the video feed, thought it was my brand new Mavic Mini, but nope, just the newest most popular phone around for enthusiasts. Please fix this asap! The November 5 update does not fix it
2021-11-5
Use props
barbaric.zmfec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108839 ft
United States

djiuser_c7tf6zAPbv0u Posted at 11-2 10:05
Maybe rather than buying a new phone to work with your drones, I'll buy a new drone to work with my phone. I'll send the DJI Mini SE back for a refund and let everyone know not to get a DJI drone unless they want to be unable to buy new phones for fear of them being incompatible.

Exactly. The Mini 2 is my first drone. After this crap, it might be my last DJI. How the hell do you not support a Flagship phone and have this poor of a customer support system?
2021-11-5
Use props
DJIxPixel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131247 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 01:25
Hello there KM52. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Is DJI officially not supporting pixel phones? Are DJI and Google still fighting?
2021-11-5
Use props
kvnclvrt
lvl.1

United States

same problem. dji fly app does not exist in google play store for pixel 6/mavic air 2. when downloading the dmg and installing it directly, no live video displays.

this is sort of garbage. time to throw this up on craigslist. i had my eye on a skydio anyway.
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_ASDRHoF0WbsA
New

Luxembourg

I bought the pixel as a more performant device for the exact purpose of using it with my husbands dji cam. I planned to treat myself to a dji pocket creative pack. Thanks to you all I just saved 500+ Euros. It still sucks, that DJI's apps don't work. @Dji: I am certainly NOT going to buy a new phone to accommodate you!
2021-11-6
Use props
nprail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 527897 ft
United States

Same issue here. Pixel 6 Pro with a Mavic Air 2 shows a blank screen instead of video.

It's really sad that DJI seems to have little care for their Android users. Otherwise, they have great products.
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_1LbCgTurmFcS
New

United States

Damn DJI... No official reply yet and you ask users to get a different phone.. need someone big to get this news out there and let the world know DJI doesn't care for Android users
2021-11-6
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

It's not only Fly that does not work.  Dji Go, Dji GO4, Dji Mimo as well as Dji Store immediately crash on startup on the Pixel 6 ...
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_oKCpXxwzcb55
lvl.1

Germany

Same here. After updating DJI Fly at least the app doesnt crash on startup. Still, no video feed. Works well on Pixel 3 with Android 12, so this looks like being a problem specific to Pixel 6. Maybe someone forgot to trigger the switch for Pixel 6. Get it fixed DJI!
2021-11-6
Use props
Z.Kirin
lvl.1
Switzerland

Same here.
Would be nice if they could drop a simple "we're working on it guys", instead of straight up ignoring us...

DJI ? You there, hope your silence is not a "we won't do anything about it".
2021-11-6
Use props
San_Marino
lvl.2
United States

Just wanted to +1. I just tried running the 1.5 Dji fly app on my pixel 6. I get a black screen for the video feed. I hope there are working on this.
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_bqRL03CJi76m
lvl.1
United States

same issue as everyone else with pixel 6.no video feed. Pls fix dji.
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_rhIShUzomzl1
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here with the pixel 6 pro. Very disappointing
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_5B4LtbzdXyVZ
New

United States

Same issue here. This really needs to be resolved ASAP please.
2021-11-7
Use props
ogwill23
lvl.1

Canada

Not working on latest updates on Google Pixel 6, please resolve asap!
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_IDode7R3dafh
lvl.1
United States

@dji please respond. I'm using pixel 6 pro and it's still showing black screen. What should I do ? What should we all do? So many FLAGSHIP PHONE USERS OF 2021-2022 and should we all just break our drones? Or return them? Either way it's your loss if you don't fix it asap. We could get other drones but you can't get other users to buy another PHONE just for your drone
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_IDode7R3dafh
lvl.1
United States

I'm only using DJI cause supposedly they're amazing with video and now I can't even see why I chose this. Please help. And respond. Don't be a coward please.
2021-11-7
Use props
Pecone
lvl.1

United States

This is completely unacceptable. DJI! Please update your app to support Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. I love my DJI mini 2 and I love flying around and it doesn't make sense that I have to use a different phone or an older phone to use my drone with it when I bought a brand new Pixel 6 Pro. All of us pixel owners would appreciate if DJI update their app to support our phone. There was no reason for the phone not to be supported.
2021-11-7
Use props
djiuser_TC1ii6nUjZl4
New

United States

djiuser_IDode7R3dafh Posted at 11-4 17:44
I see a black screen on my pixel 6 pro 128gb. And I just bought this drone today. The mini 2

Reaching out to express my disappointment in the lack of support for the flagship Android device from Google itself. This really was unexpected.
I am not surprised that a new phone would present some compatibility issues, but I would hope and expect there is at least an effort to maintain compatibility with some of the major players such as Apple, Samsung, Google among others.
I've looked all over but I can't find anything regarding an official statement from DJI that they are working on a solution. I did see a response recommending to use a different phone from the compatible phone list. If this is their workaround, I'm unpleasantly surprised given DJI's commitment to innovation.
Please give us an official update, and hopefully a beta version to use. If not let us know so we can sell our DJI products.
2021-11-8
Use props
MR.K
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue. DJI....come one......one of the leading tech companies in the world and can't support a flagship phone. Come DJI let's get these supported.
2021-11-8
Use props
calengineer
lvl.1

United States

Lets make this thread as big and loud as possible so DJI actually updates their app to support the hottest phone of the year, Pixel 6! I have the 6 pro and it doesn't work either.
2021-11-8
Use props
Pancake345
New

United States

Could we get someone to look into the issue DJI? Otherwise my drone is an expensive paperweight
2021-11-8
Use props
Heckle0
lvl.1

United States

Seriously WTF. Oh sorry we dont support OS upgrades or new hardware. Never upgrade your phone once you have one that works with your Mini2.  FIX IT.
2021-11-8
Use props
Heckle0
lvl.1

United States

I went on a trip and brought my drone with me... didnt bring my ipad cause i had my nice new Pixel 6 Pro to use instead. And then i get here and take it out and update... and then BLACK.  This is a real kick in the balls.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_bqRL03CJi76m
lvl.1
United States

Regarding the pixel 6/ pro video issue

"Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our designated teams have noticed this issue and we are working on it now. Please kindly know that this issue will be fixed on the later update. For temporary use, we will recommend you roll back to the DJI FLY APP v.1.4.8 to have a try. Thanks for your understanding and support." - DJI support on Reddit
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_NKbJkHrWWBQA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 341985 ft
Canada

djiuser_bqRL03CJi76m Posted at 11-8 22:00
Regarding the pixel 6/ pro video issue

"Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our designated teams have noticed this issue and we are working on it now. Please kindly know that this issue will be fixed on the later update. For temporary use, we will recommend you roll back to the DJI FLY APP v.1.4.8 to have a try. Thanks for your understanding and support." - DJI support on Reddit

Great!
Have you tried 1.4.8?
2021-11-9
Use props
oscarc25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255394 ft
United States

I'm a Pixel 6 Pro owner as well. I believe that it cannot be a software issue because I was flying my Mini 2 just fine with Android 12 on my Pixel 5. I am running the 1.5.0 version of the DJI Fly app.
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_NKbJkHrWWBQA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 341985 ft
Canada

djiuser_NKbJkHrWWBQA Posted at 11-9 03:15
Great!
Have you tried 1.4.8?

The app (v.1.4.8) crashes with my Pixel 6 Pro
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_0C3rFqJ0AQ0A
lvl.1

Germany

any update ???
2021-11-9
Use props
calengineer
lvl.1

United States

yup, any updates? Same here with Pixel 6 Pro, total fail on DJI
2021-11-9
Use props
GameofBeards
New
Flight distance : 34957 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 01:25
Hello there KM52. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

This is fairly absurd considering the Pixel line is the vanilla Android experience. If we can't expect DJI to update their app to provide usability on these devices, how can we expect a usable android experience at all? My droid is currently a paperweight and I was unable to use it on my recent vacation which was a HUGE disappointment. Eagerly waiting on an official communication from DJI or I will be looking at other companies in the future.
2021-11-9
Use props
oscarc25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255394 ft
United States

PS013 Posted at 11-6 08:22
It's not only Fly that does not work.  Dji Go, Dji GO4, Dji Mimo as well as Dji Store immediately crash on startup on the Pixel 6 ...

I got Mimo to work on my Pixel 6 Pro. I cleared out the app memory (cache and storage), then uninstalled it and side loaded the most recent Mimo apk from the DJI website. It's working flawlessly now.
I tried the same process with the DJI Fly app, but still not getting the live feed or recording videos. Although I have no live feed, I found that it does actually take pictures even though I can't see anything on the screen...the images show up in my album.
2021-11-10
Use props
djiuser_60vxfMTuhUgy
New
Flight distance : 33346 ft
United States

November 10
Still nothing.
Losing money as none of my phones work with this app now.
Lots of other great drones out there I'm going to start looking.
2021-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules