1762 21 2021-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'll kick this inevitable topic off -

I'm replacing my dead Go 2 with the Action 2.  One thing the Go 2 did which I found very useful was that it could be turned on remotely.  I don't just mean start recording remotely, I mean it could be powered up remotely.  Clearly the wifi or BT was listening even when it was turned off.  For instance, I once used it as a B camera when making a video of a 90 minute jazz concert.  I had it on one side of the stage.  I sat in the audience with the remote and when it seemed a good moment to have some footage from that angle I turned it on from my location and recorded a minute or two, then turned it off again.  So even though its battery and memory size were small, it actually performed the required function all evening.  Would that be possible with the Action 2?

2021-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice kick off for a new feature.  Remote turn on would use a bit of battery while in the listening mode but could be a worthy feature.  
2021-10-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I don't know how Insta360 accomplished it but the battery drain did not seem to be massive - the Go 2 battery is miniscule but it still did 45 mins x 2 sessions with a 20 minute charge in between and didn't go flat.
2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you for your valued support and have a nice day.
2021-10-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 18:14
Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you for your valued support and have a nice day.

Thanks.   I would suggest that there could be a main menu option to enable or disable this facility - if it is possible in the first place.
2021-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2021-10-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

When using 4K120 for the first time I notice that although I've got the front screen locked so that I don't advertise the presence of the camera to the world, it lights up with ""4k120" bright and clear on the ftont display - is there a way of turning that off??  If the user doesn't want the LED on the front to be on, he or she sure doesn't want what amounts to an advert for the product to be lighting up the room.
2021-10-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

they have a 60 minute standbye, why not a wake on like gopro.  

I'll request again a video timer,  you got a photo timer, guess if these can not be added I am OUT
2021-10-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

When I am using horizonlock and I turn the camera upside down (and the image stays upright) left and right audio are reversed (as you might expect as the left mic in now on the right side).  I wonder whether you clever guys at DJI could do something like you did with the Pocket 2's audio steering, namely, swap the channels to match the video orientation?  I know you could do it...
2021-10-30
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

Appers that there will be a remote control extension rod/tripod for the Action 2 https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ntrol-extension-rod
2021-10-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Something else I would like to see, a progress of some sort when exporting files from internal to external memory
2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-28 20:29
Thanks.   I would suggest that there could be a main menu option to enable or disable this facility - if it is possible in the first place.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. If you have any inquiries or any other request with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-11-1
Use props
jhoff80
lvl.4
United States

I'd love to have HorizonSteady for a hyperlapse, even if only at 2.7k or 1080p.  My handlebar mount on my bike isn't perfectly level because of the bar shape and it'd be nice to use HorizonSteady to compensate for that.
Also, a few Youtubers have said this and I agree.  HorizonSteady at 4k 16:9, even if it only could compensate for 10-15 degree tilt instead of the 360 degree rotation at lower resolutions, would be great.

2021-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

X2 optical lens, anamorphic lens…
2021-11-2
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, please make another module that can be run via a USB power bank, no extra battery and include a 3.5mm mic jack for TRS and TRRS mices and a sd card slot.
Many of us have use cases where we need to mount our action cams on kayaks/boats and run them via a USB power bank and we need a external mic with a dead cat.

Something like the Tilta cage but with a 3.5mm, USB C and a SD Card slot would be ideal.   The modular design should allow something like this.

There is a huge market for fishing Action cams and one of the biggest use cases is just what I described.

I don't have the camera yet but I assume it already supports loop recording and could be controlled with the up coming remote.
2021-11-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I would like to see the ability to use the Action 2 as a web cam with the iPad air 4 or iPad pro, the ones with USB-C. Don't know if that's even possible, but it would be nice.
2021-11-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The other thing I would like to see is a Mimo thing. To be able to edit videos in Mimo and export them to iPhone in 4K or 2.7k if it’s in that format. Currently, it transcodes it down to 1080p. Seems like they said it was an iOS restriction when I first started with the mavic mini’s DJI fly app.
2021-11-7
Use props
Javor Kalojanov
lvl.2

New Zealand

For freediving/snorkeling/spearfishing it will help to have a mode (quick capture?) that records for a fixed period of time (around 3 min) and ignores button presses or other input during the recording. This will allow shooting deeper than 10m without a dive case.
2021-11-21
Use props
fansa0627c44
lvl.2
Flight distance : 503852 ft
United Kingdom

sorry entered wrong feature request section. kindly delete this
2022-11-13
Use props
djiuser_XpZJIQmaIGaJ
New

United States

I have 2 feature request that I have a suggestion on:

Please add 2 more additional speeds to Hyperlapse mode (3x & 4x).

If zoom is unable to be supported for Slowmo, Timelapse, and Hyperlapse then can DJI make a magnetic lens hardware that can be used to increase zoom.
2022-11-19
Use props
StorytellerFilm
New

Australia

I'd love it if the Action 2 could record a reasonable quality HD Proxy to the internal storage while recording a 4K clip to the Memory Card. I've been having instances where the clips are sometimes being corrupted and I'd prefer to have an HD clip than nothing at all.
Additionally, I'd like to see a spillover system when recording to the internal memory, and if it fills it would automatically starts recording to the SD card
2023-3-31
Use props
StorytellerFilm
New

Australia

I also find the audio to sensitive and have us a volume know to stop it peaking with my helmet mic. I'd love to have negative gain values in the audio settings  
2023-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules