DJI Fly / Android 12 / Pixel 6 NO PICTURE
4885 17 2021-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bings Mavic Air 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1306624 ft
United Kingdom

I've just upgraded my phone from a Google Pixel 5 to a Pixel 6. Installed the latest Fly app, however when I use the app I get no video feed from the drone.

I shows the histogram fine but no video. Swapped back to my Android ablet running the same software and video feeds fine.

DJI any suggestions please  :-(
2021-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is your table running Android 12?  

DJI Mod will probably come back and tell you that the DJI Fly App is not currently compatible with the new Pixel 6.  
2021-10-28
Use props
Bings Mavic Air 2
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've just had a google search and apparently the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 pro aren't compatible   :-(
2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bings Mavic Air 2. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-10-28
Use props
Eskimo2026
New

Australia

I have the same problem.  This isn't cool DJI. People get new phones all the time and shouldn't be held back because DJI fly app isn't flexible. This is a major phone and there should be a plan communicated to fix this and a timeline shared.

I can't use my drone now
2021-10-28
Use props
fans398f9cdb
lvl.2
United States

I have the same issue with the pixel 6 Pro and mini 2. We realize that this phone is not listed as a compatible device, but we would like to bring this issue to the attention of dji as something that needs to be addressed. This is going to be a very popular device, and there will be many disappointed customers until it is resolved.
2021-10-29
Use props
bobpedley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 668540 ft
Australia

I have the same problem.  
Guess I didn't have DJI Fly compatibility on my check list of things that a new phone must support.
Bound to be a popular phone, I think, except for existing and potential DJI customers.
2021-10-29
Use props
Bings Mavic Air 2
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 18:03
Hello there Bings Mavic Air 2. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

That's really poor foresight on DJIs part. The Google Pixel range of phones are a premium product and very popular. Surely DJI must be looking at any new releases and keeping their EXISTING customers happy by ensuring their apps are going to be compatable.
2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Bings Mavic Air 2. Thank you for the reply and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. The incompatibility issue of Android 12 has been noticed by our designated teams. Please be notified that we will cope with this issue as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_AxqSjYsXZwof
New

United States

Same issue for Mavic Air 2. Tried on iPhone 12, Samsung Galaxy S7+. No issue with those.
Saying Pixel 6 Pro isn't a compatible device is awful. Figure it out DJI!
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_1fYzNn71v0RB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2610072 ft
United States

This is a major issue.  The drone shouldn't be released when not yet compatible with a major phone model.  That on top of not having a many of the features yet until January firmware update.  Thankful to have my old Samsung device to use as a screen.  Now they can sell it for Christmas though....
2021-11-13
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Well, use your tablet for flying and your phone for talking.
2021-11-13
Use props
djiuser_48L8nCGqanpt
lvl.1
Russia

I have Samsung s21 ultra on Android 12. And have same problem
2021-11-22
Use props
danielson2047
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317904 ft
United States

djiuser_48L8nCGqanpt Posted at 11-22 10:06
I have Samsung s21 ultra on Android 12. And have same problem

They don't seem too interested in fixing the issue.  We'll get it when we get it.
2021-11-22
Use props
djiuser_5rzEOSleQjem
New

United States

Got the latest version on pixel 6 released today for Fly app for Mavic mini and I have camera view. 1638265859269-DJI-v1.5.1-211130-2025-49901-official-sec.apk
2021-11-30
Use props
Hartsideman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498855 ft
United Kingdom

new version ( still labeled 1.5.1 but with 2025 on the end ,, now works with my pixel 6 pro .. .better late than never   uninstall your exisiting 1.5.1 then re download off dji site and re install
2021-12-1
Use props
danielson2047
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317904 ft
United States

Hartsideman Posted at 12-1 09:43
new version ( still labeled 1.5.1 but with 2025 on the end ,, now works with my pixel 6 pro .. .better late than never   uninstall your exisiting 1.5.1 then re download off dji site and re install

Don't even need to uninsatll, I updated right over the old one.
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_kQJEIT7IPEeQ
New

Philippines

Bings Mavic Air 2 Posted at 10-28 06:24
I've just had a google search and apparently the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 pro aren't compatible   :-(

it is now do update the app
2021-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules