[SOLVED] Trouble uploading pictures on the forums
733 15 2021-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I attempted to upload a picture I took with the Pocket 2 from my computer's drive to a thread post, trying both drag-and-drop method and using the Picture option from the forum's text editor tools. However, neither way proved to be successful.

First, it said the picture is too big in file size, so I used a photo editor software and shrank the file size under 2 MBs. Then tried again, but to no avail.

If I tried the drag-and-drop method, it either left the forum page and opened the picture from my computer in a browser, or put the picture in the thread post but claimed the message is still too big (even after shrinking the picture) when attempting to submit the picture. If I tried the separate picture uploader, it claimed the file was not of appropriate type (even when it was a jpg or jpeg picture under 2MB) when clicking on the upload button in General Upload. If I chose the Picture menu instead of General Upload, it told me to click to select a picture, but clicking caused nothing to happen.

What causes the problems and how to fix them? Had nothing like this when I uploaded my pictures for the earlier Pocket 2 photography contest.

2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi HGDC84, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. Could you provide me with a screenshot of the error message prompt? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2021-10-28
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-28 18:47
Hi HGDC84, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. Could you provide me with a screenshot of the error message prompt? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

Hello and thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I am not sure if I can attach the pictures onto this thread, as that would need a similar way of uploading pictures that failed here.

Is there an email address I could send the screenshots to? Or should I use a cloud service to link here?

Thank you already for your help and apologies for the slight delay.
2021-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 10-30 09:59
Hello and thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I am not sure if I can attach the pictures onto this thread, as that would need a similar way of uploading pictures that failed here.

Hi, there. You can upload the screenshot to Google drive/ Dropbox, and then post the link here. Thanks.
2021-10-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 17:13
Hi, there. You can upload the screenshot to Google drive/ Dropbox, and then post the link here. Thanks.

Hello and thank you for that tip.

The screenshots from the error messages are available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... P3/view?usp=sharing and https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... nd/view?usp=sharing

Thank you already for your help.
2021-10-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Could I possibly have some instructions about what is the right method of uploading picture attachments to the forum messages?
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 11-2 05:07
Could I possibly have some instructions about what is the right method of uploading picture attachments to the forum messages?

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we confirm that you still can not upload pictures now?
2021-11-2
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-2 05:19
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we confirm that you still can not upload pictures now?

Thank you for your response.

And yes, I still am unable to upload the pictures. The last time I tried a while ago, I got the "No legitimate file" error. Even after I tried with two different picture files with different file sizes and file extensions.
2021-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 11-2 12:27
Thank you for your response.

And yes, I still am unable to upload the pictures. The last time I tried a while ago, I got the "No legitimate file" error. Even after I tried with two different picture files with different file sizes and file extensions.

Hi, there.Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please re-send the link for us? We are unable to download the pictures through this link.
2021-11-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-3 03:35
Hi, there.Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please re-send the link for us? We are unable to download the pictures through this link.

I can try to send the links again, if needed. However, when I tested the links myself (by clicking on them with the left mouse button), I managed to get them opened with no problems whatsoever.

What happened when you tried to open them? Did you click on the link with the left mouse button, as to directly open them? Or did you try to save the links through the menu that opens when you click on the link with the right mouse button? I am not sure if right-clicking will work, however if you need to save the pictures, then there is a link to do so in the view that opens when left-clicking to directly open the links.
2021-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 11-3 04:26
I can try to send the links again, if needed. However, when I tested the links myself (by clicking on them with the left mouse button), I managed to get them opened with no problems whatsoever.

What happened when you tried to open them? Did you click on the link with the left mouse button, as to directly open them? Or did you try to save the links through the menu that opens when you click on the link with the right mouse button? I am not sure if right-clicking will work, however if you need to save the pictures, then there is a link to do so in the view that opens when left-clicking to directly open the links.

Hi there, our team has tested, there is no uploading error of the forum. Could you upload the original pictures that you wanted to upload to Dropbox or Google Drive? Then share the link with us, our team will help to verify again. Thanks.
2021-11-3
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-3 19:41
Hi there, our team has tested, there is no uploading error of the forum. Could you upload the original pictures that you wanted to upload to Dropbox or Google Drive? Then share the link with us, our team will help to verify again. Thanks.

Hello again!

I uploaded both the error message screenshots and the pictures that I tried to attach to a thread to Google Drive.

Here are the links:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... sA/view?usp=sharing (Bigger version of the picture I attempted to upload and attach to my original thread)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... tJ/view?usp=sharing (Smaller version of the previous picture)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Nf/view?usp=sharing (The first error message screenshot)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... -i/view?usp=sharing (The second error message screenshot)

Please do inform me whether you manage to open them this time. If not, then can you please send me the exact instructions how to attach pictures to a thread, so I can make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Thank you for your patience in helping me and apologies forehand if I have made some kind of mistake...

EDIT: I tested the links after writing this message, and at least for me, they all opened just fine in the Google Drive's view when I clicked on the links once with the left mouse button.
2021-11-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 11-4 12:45
Hello again!

I uploaded both the error message screenshots and the pictures that I tried to attach to a thread to Google Drive.

Hi, there. Thanks for your quick response. We have confirmed with our designated teams. The reason why the pictures fail to upload is that the smaller picture you sent is 9216 × 5184. For now, DJI Forum does not support uploading pictures with over 33,554,432 pixels.
Please kindly know that. You may refer to the instructions below:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-144810-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-137942-1-1.html
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-11-4
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-4 18:32
Hi, there. Thanks for your quick response. We have confirmed with our designated teams. The reason why the pictures fail to upload is that the smaller picture you sent is 9216 × 5184. For now, DJI Forum does not support uploading pictures with over 33,554,432 pixels.
Please kindly know that. You may refer to the instructions below:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-144810-1-1.html

Thank you for that information. I'll have to resize the picture to a smaller size and see if that makes a difference.
2021-11-5
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Thank you for solving my problem, I got it working now :-) Just have to bear this in mind the next time I attempt to upload a picture...
2021-11-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HGDC84 Posted at 11-5 03:54
Thank you for solving my problem, I got it working now :-) Just have to bear this in mind the next time I attempt to upload a picture...

You are most welcome.
2021-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules