Second Officer
United States

Love the Action cam, hope we can get a new firmware release soon
2021-10-28
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

I would be very surprised to see another firmware update for the Action. Firmware updates carry costs and risks for a company. My Osmo Action is working fine and producing great video. I have all the accessories for it, including ND filters. I am intrigued by the Action 2, but the price in Canadian dollars is putting me off quite a bit. I'm going to wait on the Action 2 for a while, at least until there are ND filters and more accessories.
2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fishycomics. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future update release for the DJI Osmo Action. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far I don't have the needs for a new action camera.
My Olympus TG-5 still works fine.
But the action seems like a nice one!
2021-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What do you think they might add in a new firmware?
2021-10-28
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

OA what can they add  the stuff we already requested  over a year ago
2021-10-30
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.3
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 23:50
What do you think they might add in a new firmware?

They could add an interface for the new remote control of the Action 2. And make the camera compatible with the new DJI wireless micro! And, and, and...
But I'm afraid they will not.
2021-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Helmut Ruch Posted at 11-1 03:55
They could add an interface for the new remote control of the Action 2. And make the camera compatible with the new DJI wireless micro! And, and, and...
But I'm afraid they will not.

I suspect there wont any new features coming.
2021-11-1
Use props
flaj
lvl.2
Poland

I only hope that DJI won't discontinue OA... it's such a great camera (and Action2 isn't... I would even say it's tragic).
2021-11-1
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I sold one of my OA when A2 came out, but didn't order A2 because of many drawbacks with it.
But I did buy Insta360 4K-version just to have a another camera.
OA is really good and I will stick to for years.

Just wonder why the price have increased since yesterday in Norway, is there a reason?
2021-11-5
Use props
scubaAnn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Do you like the action 2?
2021-11-5
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I guess it is good for those of us who want a more robust camera for the more extreme shooting scenarios (water, shocks, dust etc.). I don't do much extreme sports myself, but it could be fun shooting underwater some time. I am personally considering a water-proof case for the Pocket 2, for those rainy days and probably to some day shoot under the surface of my nearby lake :-)

I do have one kind of an action cam, but it's not really as "hardcore" as the real ones: it came with a special edition of a video game, it wouldn't stand submerging under the water, has no protective shell etc. Could be fun for something, but I'd rather not take it to an underwater adventure or extreme BMX trail. What I had thought though is that I could do some POV shots when practice shooting with my crossbows :-D
2021-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules