865 16 2021-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here's the first bug I've found.

I went out to shoot some test footage.  Started recording, and.... up  comes a warning that there's no SD card in the slot.  Well there's a  good start.  Never mind!  Internal memory to the rescue!  So I shot thr  rest of my footage - 20 clips - on the internal memory.  I came home,  plugged the device into my PC, but the PC does not display the  device.  That's the first bug.  Yes, I confirmed I wanted to connect to  the PC when the camera prompted me.  So, in order to get at the files,  I've got to transfer them to the SD card - it's just as well that  utility is there.  I did that, and loaded them into the PC using an SD  card reader.  Next bug - the file date has changed to the date of the  tranfer, not the date of shooting.  The files are numbered 1 to 20 but  upon investigation, number 20 is the second file that I shot.  So I have  to mess around getting the files in the correct sequence in the video  editor.

So, two bugs here - transfer to PC does not work (but I have yet to try  rebooting the PC, which is no small task), and secondly, original dates  are not retained when making the copy from internal memory to the  inserted SD card, and the files are not numbered in the original order  (well, one wasn't).

Mods, please refer this to the developers.
2021-10-29
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for the feedback. When connecting to PC, u need to clike file transfer on the Action2 screen. Then PC will detect.

For the move to SD card. We will fix the order thing in future firmware.

For the date. the file is generated when moving. so the edit date is  with the time moving process to SD card.
2021-10-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check your PM? We have sent some messages to you about the issue.
2021-10-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've sent links to the photos you wanted.

I did click file transfer, and although the PC made a connected sound, no device was shown on the PC.  I have the Pocket 1 and 2 and the Action 1 so I'm used to what should happen.  However, I will try a reboot as it seems so strange that it did not work.
2021-10-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Computer rebooted.  I tried to connect to it again, but even though the Action 2 says "computer connected" in green, it's not visible on the PC, not even in the place where you can eject drives.  When I disconnect the Action 2 and connect the Action 1 (to the same cable), there is no problem.  The camera appears and the device can be ejected.
2021-10-29
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-29 04:00
I've sent links to the photos you wanted.

I did click file transfer, and although the PC made a connected sound, no device was shown on the PC.  I have the Pocket 1 and 2 and the Action 1 so I'm used to what should happen.  However, I will try a reboot as it seems so strange that it did not work.

Let us know if you get the cam to show up on your PC. I'm assuming when you say PC you are using a windows based PC? Regarding the date on the tranferred files, DJI-ytao is correct in his statement, but that is also dependant on the operation used to move the files, so there is possibly something they could do there depending on the OS of the camera itself.
2021-10-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I found a setting in windows which displayed the original creation date in the file browser so that's at least a workaround.  Yes, my PC is an up to date Windows 10 desktop machine, and I have no trouble with any other camera or similar device - I seem to have dozens of them..
2021-10-29
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

Nice find fansfe82067d I probably would have never discovered the date thing as I almost always take the Sd card out and use a reader to transfer files to my Mac. I only use the cable method on my Gopro's as getting the SD card out is a pain.
2021-10-29
Use props
ZIGI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there,

Today I have tried to rec. in 4k 120/60 fps using ultra-fast Delkin micro SD Card (link bellow green one ), and in both cases, after around a min device produced a message “writing to slow to SD card will stop recording”.

This card is 300/250 Mb/s read/write. How is that even possible this device has a problem with a card which can handle 8K recording?  I use a slot in an extra screen module, and the new firmware is applied.

I will try SanDisk A2 standard card, and we will see what will come out of that?   Is that a bug?

Regards,

https://www.delkindevices.com/microsd-memory-cards/
2021-10-29
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

ZIGI Posted at 10-29 23:52
Hi there,

Today I have tried to rec. in 4k 120/60 fps using ultra-fast Delkin micro SD Card (link bellow green one ), and in both cases, after around a min device produced a message “writing to slow to SD card will stop recording”.

Where did you buy your Delkin micro-sd?
It could be fake and it could be that DJI products doesn't support it.

I use Lexar, Sandisk and Kingston cards for my products.
2021-10-30
Use props
ZIGI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 10-30 00:00
Where did you buy your Delkin micro-sd?
It could be fake and it could be that DJI products doesn't support it.

Amazon, like I said I will try today later Sandisk Extreme Pro 64Gb Cheers.
2021-10-30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

ZIGI Posted at 10-30 00:49

Don't trust Amazon, bunch of fakes there.

Always buy from your local camerashop, I always do and get good discount.
2021-10-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Possible bug - most times when I do the long press to go straight into video recording, I get an error message saying there is no SD card.  But if I press record again, it records perfectly happily.  Maybe a timing thing - the firmware is trying to record before the card has been fully recognised.
2021-10-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-30 03:36
Possible bug - most times when I do the long press to go straight into video recording, I get an error message saying there is no SD card.  But if I press record again, it records perfectly happily.  Maybe a timing thing - the firmware is trying to record before the card has been fully recognised.

While it could be a possible bug, it could still be a different issue. I have a dashcam that is very partuclar about the type of SD card used with it. I have tried about 5 different brands and only found a couple that will work besides the majorly expensive cards that the company who makes my dashcam makes themselves and tries to get you to buy.  All the cards I tried were rated the same and produced different results. Some would seem to work, but later would give an error and the cam would want to format the card. Some just wouldn't work at all. I hope the Action 2 isn't that picky over it's SD cards and I hope it's just a bug.
2021-10-30
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

ZIGI Posted at 10-30 00:49

Recommended microSD Cards
    DJI Action 2 supports up to 256GB SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Grade 1 or Speed Grade 3 microSD cards
    Recommended models:
    Samsung EVO 32GB UHS-I Speed Grade 1 microSDHC
    Samsung EVO Plus 32GB UHS-I Speed Grade 1 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 64GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3 microSDXC
    SanDisk High Endurance 32GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3 microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme 16GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3 microSDXC
    Lexar 633x 16GB UHS-I Speed Grade 1 microSDHC
2021-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji have said they will introduce FW that will allow footage from camera to automatically download to SD card as soon as module is connected, this should help with all the messing around.
2021-10-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-30 10:59
Dji have said they will introduce FW that will allow footage from camera to automatically download to SD card as soon as module is connected, this should help with all the messing around.

That's in the current firmware which you are more or less forced to download when activating.  The problem I have is that I don't want to do that always - I want to be able to download direct from the internal memory onto my PC.  My PC will not recognise the Action 2 on any of its USB ports.  The PC does recognise the Action1 and the Pockets 1 & 2 and the Fimi Palm 1 & 2 and the Go 2 and the FZ1000 and the G6 - and others - but for some reason, not the Action 2.  Must be some kind of local problem as nobody else has mentioned it, but I spent a couple of hours trying to fix it without success...
2021-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules