DJI Fly V 1.4.12 not connect to controller on Ipad pro with IOS 15
12132 36 2021-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lzlzh035
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20860 ft
United States

Hello, after updating to IOS 15 for ipad pro 11" (2018), the DJI Fly add stopped connecting to the controller (DJI Mini 2). It was working before the IOS uodate from IOS 14.

I'm seeting multiple posts here reporting the same issue. Since IOS 15 is not downgradable now, it's impossible for us to use tha app with our devices. Would you please look into it? thanks you!
2021-10-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. We are really sorry about the issue. Would you please upgrade DJI FLY App to DJI FLY APP V.10.20 (iPad)? Or try to connect your aircraft with a mobile device. About this issue, our designated teams have noticed already, please kindly know that, and thanks for your support.
2021-10-30
Use props
fans9597aa89
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 01:23
Hi, there. We are really sorry about the issue. Would you please upgrade DJI FLY App to DJI FLY APP V.10.20 (iPad)? Or try to connect your aircraft with a mobile device. About this issue, our designated teams have noticed already, please kindly know that, and thanks for your support.

Hello, is there a link to DJI FLY APP V.10.20? There’s only 1.4.12 available on the DJI website
2021-10-30
Use props
fans9597aa89
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 01:23

Hey Wanda, I finally made it "work". Just want to share the temp work around here in case it's useful for the app engineers or other users facing the same issue.

So the solution to make the DJI Fly app on my ipad pro with IOS 15 to connect to my Mini 2 controller is this:

1. connect the ipad and the controller and get in the app.
2. turn on the controller.
3. plug a usb-c power cable to the controller to charge it (while connecting to ipad)

There you go, the ipad recognizes the controller after the controller is connect to a power cable.
2021-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans9597aa89 Posted at 10-30 18:56
Hey Wanda, I finally made it "work". Just want to share the temp work around here in case it's useful for the app engineers or other users facing the same issue.

So the solution to make the DJI Fly app on my ipad pro with IOS 15 to connect to my Mini 2 controller is this:

Hello, there. Thanks for your reply. For the other people in need, we would put a tutorial below to let them better understand.

2021-11-1
Use props
shadowgenerator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5233 ft
United States

So the solution to make the DJI Fly app on my ipad pro with IOS 15 to connect to my Mini 2 controller is this:

Thanks. This worked for me as well.

ipad pro 11 2018, IOS 15, DJI Fly 1.5.0
Mavic Air 2
2021-11-5
Use props
MrNobody
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960289 ft
United States

So the solution to make the DJI Fly app on my ipad pro with IOS 15 to connect to my Mini 2 controller is this:

This does work! I'm on IOS 15 to was disappointed when it would not connect.
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_65Xlg3xlxQ8J
lvl.1

United States

fans9597aa89 Posted at 2021-10-30 18:56

Thank you for this workaround - it worked for me as well. DJI, hopefully this is only temporary and the DJI FLY app gets updated soon. This is not a permanent solution. Unless you only ever fly from your backyard or somewhere you can always have your charging brick and power outlet with you, this is not a worthwhile solution.

Hopefully this discovered workaround provides DJI some insight as to where the problem with the app may be to quickly resolve.

Thanks again!
2022-1-8
Use props
Hamood.3
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

The above mentioned method checks out. I would also like to add that you can connect the RC to a power bank during the initial connection and remove it once the connection is established. It should still work. This is not ideal but it is the current workaround I guess.

I also want to add that this method is only for the iPad Pro. I have a new iPad Mini and it connects just fine. Maybe it is a power management issue.
2022-1-13
Use props
FalcorII
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213970 ft
United States

Why is this still an issue?
2022-1-23
Use props
djiuser_H3QG5uXP6elY
New

United Kingdom

Thank you!

You Legend!
2022-1-26
Use props
MEDIARCHE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308504 ft
United States

What's the deal with this? We're now 3 months after the most recent reply from DJI Wanda. This seems like a major issue to work out between Apple and DJI for iPadOS 15. There should be a Vendor to Vendor relationship between DJI and Apple to report bugs and come up with solutions to resolve the issue.

Please don't give up on this and please work out a fix for your customers. Thank you. We all patiently await a fix.

FYI: I started a thread on Apple's forum as well to try to resolve this here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253649844

EDIT: Apple deleted my thread for reasons unknown, but you can report your own "bug" for this issue here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

The more reports there are, the more likely they are to fix this issue. Please submit your bug report.

2022-2-8
Use props
djiuser_flMQcUCifuFg
New
Flight distance : 564813 ft
Australia

Works!!!
Absolute legend.
Send me your bank details and I'll send you $10 Australian for this.
Can't believe DJI can't figure this out.
2022-2-8
Use props
FalcorII
lvl.1
United States

I might file a dispute via local regulators regarding this issue. The iPad Pro 11 is listed as a working device and now being refused to allow to return drone but asked to buy another tablet. I can confirm using an external power source to the remote and then removing that power source actually works. This is also recommended by dji support .

Seems like the remote needs a surge of power to connect to the iPad. Seems like this would be an issue with all the drones that use this remote and could be fixed by a firmware update to the remote?
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_YVHTMUZQPic5
lvl.1
New Zealand

Im wondering about mini 2 and iphone mini 12 compatible and the ipad 64gb wifi only what gen is it and will it work here in nz
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_YVHTMUZQPic5
lvl.1
New Zealand

Is it better to have ios 13 and upwards  for mini 2 drone meaning latest iphone or ipads out or what dint know anything about iphones.i cant start the drone either,maybe because need to dwnload flyapp first.
2022-2-15
Use props
SkyView360
New

France

Thank you very much for this tip, without it I would have frustrated myself to death trying to connect the two devices.
I used a small power bank instead of mains and it works as well.
hopefully DJI will SOON fix this ridiculous oversight on IOS15 compatibility.
2022-2-16
Use props
djiuser_eoixUQfhFiqO
lvl.2

Canada

Hi, I just read this...same issue. Tried to send a note to you, not sure if u got it. My name is Nick. My email address is.  quicknickvtx@hotmail.com

Sorry don't know ur name...has this been fixed. Your work around works, I just tried it after spending too much money on cables...thought that was the problem. Any way, if you can help...thanks, Nick  

Please use my email address...thanks in advance!!!!!!!! Super frustrated!!!!!!!!
2022-4-15
Use props
fansf8904f19
New

Netherlands

Unbelievable that anno 2022 this issue is still not solved by DJI. I would be deeply ashamed!!!!! Is there any other solution for using the iPad Pro 11 on the controller without the extra power ???? Please hear it because this is really bad DJI
2022-4-19
Use props
fansf8904f19
New

Netherlands

Unbelievable that anno 2022 this issue is still not solved by DJI. I would be deeply ashamed!!!!! Is there any other solution for using the iPad Pro 11 on the controller without the extra power ???? Please hear it because this is really bad DJI
2022-4-19
Use props
MrNobody
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960289 ft
United States

Still not fixed.
I have been toying with the idea of getting a new iPad because this is annoying.
2022-4-24
Use props
HugoDJInTheAir
lvl.1
United States

HI DJI SUPPORT,
WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE ON APRIL 24TH, 2022 ??? SEVERAL MONTHS AFTER THE MAVIC 3 WAS RELEASED.

I JUST ACTIVATED MY NEW MAVIC 3, PURCHASED DJI CARE REFRESH, UPDATED THE FIRMWARE AND WHEN TRIED USING MY IPAD PRO 2018 (WHICH WORKS PERFECTLY WITH MY MAVIC 2 AND THE DJI GO 4 APP), AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND.

HOW IS POSSIBLE THAT WHOEVER OWNS AN IPAD 2018 PRO (WHICH IS A EXPENSIVE DEVICE) CANNOT USE IT AND HAS TO CARRY A POWER BANK AS A WORKAROUND ? USING THE IPHONE SMALL SCREEN MIGHT BE SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKES PLAYING AROUND WITH A DRONE, BUT USING A BIGGER 11" SCREEN MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. I NO LONGER CAN'T GET USED AGAIN TO USING THE IPHONE SCREEN, EVEN THOUGH MINE IS THE 12 PRO MAX WITH THE BIGGEST SCREEN ON IPHONES SIMILAR TO 13 PRO MAX.

PLEASE, RESOLVE THIS ISSUE ASAP, THIS IS CRITICAL FOR MANY PEOPLE. IF I HAVE TO CONTINUE DEALING WITH THIS FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS, IT MAY LEAD ME TO RETURN THE MAVIC 3.
VERY DISSAPOINTING !!!

2022-4-24
Use props
david.wilks.btinternet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49232 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI support

I've just bought a Mavic 3 and an iPad Mini 6 and I'm having this same problem.   The Ipad mini is not fixed by adding the extra power.

Is this going to be resolved?  If not I will be returning my Mavic 3 as faulty

Regards

David
2022-4-26
Use props
djiuser_R6KqYU3X3JyW
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-10-30 01:23

This issue and temporary workaround provided below should be more prevalently communicated — I’ve purchased multiple USB-C cables trying to resolve, and have reinstalled the app multiple times.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, but until then a note to iPad Pro users would be great.
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_R6KqYU3X3JyW Posted at 5-17 17:09
This issue and temporary workaround provided below should be more prevalently communicated — I’ve purchased multiple USB-C cables trying to resolve, and have reinstalled the app multiple times.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, but until then a note to iPad Pro users would be great.

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. During testing of the iPadOS 14, the iPad could be connected normally to DJI FLY app. However, when the iPad is updated to iPadOS 15, the connection may fail. The DJI engineers are currently working on to resolve this issue. Currently, if you want to use an iPad to connect to the remote controller, you can use a portable power source. Connect the remote controller to the iPad when charging the remote controller. After a connection prompt appears on the app, remove the remote controller’s charging cable. If you have urgent recording tasks, we recommend that you try an iPad with a system version prior to iPadOS 15 or an Android mobile device to avoid disconnection issues. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-20
Use props
fansea8f53a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47694 ft
United States

I don’t understand the part about “plug a usb-c power cable to the controller to charge it”.

I have the usb-c end plugged into my iPad Pro, and the usb-a on the other end of the cord is plugged into the Phantom 4 remote. The iPad has the app open, and the remote is turned on, but doesn’t connect.

I’m I supposed to connect the DJI power supply cord to the remote to charge it, while it is connected with USB-C to the iPad Pro? (That didn’t work)I have the DJI Phantom 4
2022-6-10
Use props
FalcorII
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-20 03:50
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. During testing of the iPadOS 14, the iPad could be connected normally to DJI FLY app. However, when the iPad is updated to iPadOS 15, the connection may fail. The DJI engineers are currently working on to resolve this issue. Currently, if you want to use an iPad to connect to the remote controller, you can use a portable power source. Connect the remote controller to the iPad when charging the remote controller. After a connection prompt appears on the app, remove the remote controller’s charging cable. If you have urgent recording tasks, we recommend that you try an iPad with a system version prior to iPadOS 15 or an Android mobile device to avoid disconnection issues. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Any update with this?
2022-7-14
Use props
fans651d18cd
New

United States

FalcorII Posted at 7-14 10:45
Any update with this?

I just purchased a Mavic Mini 2, the controller worked with my 11” M1 iPad Pro without any issues.
2022-7-19
Use props
fans0a41579b
New

United States

Has this been resolved? It is very problematic for my setup.
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_gGeoHvknXNWg
New

United States

fans0a41579b Posted at 9-9 21:30
Has this been resolved? It is very problematic for my setup.

Hi all I just did this with my iPhone. Updated to iOS 16 this week and couldn’t connect. Is there a better resolution?  Thx
2022-9-17
Use props
djiuser_P497hdjwvuiN
New

United States

I’m at iOS 16.2 and having the same issue
2023-1-25
Use props
Toney Brown
lvl.1

United States

I can't get it to work
2023-2-9
Use props
Stiky
New

United States

Is there a link to DJI FLY APP V.10.20 (iPad)?
2023-3-4
Use props
Stiky
New

United States

Is there a work around for the Mini?
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Stiky Posted at 3-4 08:50
Is there a work around for the Mini?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know which product you are using and its firmware version? What is your iOS version as well.
2023-3-5
Use props
Beratbngl
New
Flight distance : 218028 ft

Turkey

hi, i can't use dji fly app on ipad 16 version. Can you help me?
2023-4-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Beratbngl Posted at 4-15 23:46
hi, i can't use dji fly app on ipad 16 version. Can you help me?

Currently, if you want to use an iPad to connect to the remote controller, you can use a portable power source. Connect the remote controller to the iPad when charging the remote controller. After a connection prompt appears on the app, remove the remote controller’s charging cable.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you tried the method and still can not connect to the remote controller?
Please tell us more information about the issue. Thank you.
2023-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules