7655 20 2021-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

YES! You can connect "some" microphones to the DJI Action 2...but...they have to support digital audio. At this time, the only microphone that I know of that will work with the Action 2 is the R0DE Wireless GO II, and all you need is a standard USB-C to USB-C Cable!

2021-10-30
Use props
Tanke
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Whaaaaaat!? THAT´s what I was hoping for! I tried every single adapter and cable to use my Goll, nothing worked! But I didn´t think that USB-C to USB-C is the solution!
2021-10-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You should be able to use a standard android-compatible 3.5mm to USB audio converter adapter, according to DJI developer posts here, and it should work in stereo if you connect a stereo mic.  They show that in their introductory video.
2021-10-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Useful information, thanks
2021-10-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Wonder if this only applies to the Action 2 or if a similar connection method could be used with the Pocket 2?
2021-10-31
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure but I know the cynova adapter that was made for the original osmo action does not work on the action 2. Neither does the Saramonic usb-c lavalier mic made for the osmo action. Looks like I’ll be needing to invest in new external audio gear if I want to setup that way.
2021-10-31
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 10-31 16:54
Not sure but I know the cynova adapter that was made for the original osmo action does not work on the action 2. Neither does the Saramonic usb-c lavalier mic made for the osmo action. Looks like I’ll be needing to invest in new external audio gear if I want to setup that way.

Did you try the Cynova? I was going to test that today.
2021-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KerryG Posted at 11-1 05:26

I tried it and it does not work.  This is expected because it is not a standard converter, and we are told that the A2 simply needs a standard android-compatible converter.  I really must try to get one quickly to put this matter to rest!

[Edit - hmmm, it's remarkably hard to actually find such a thing.  There are loads of headphone adapters, but mic adapters are rare.  About the only one I have found is "
Movo UCMA-1 Female 3.5mm TRS Microphone Adapter Cable to USB Type-C Connector"
2021-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2021-11-1
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KerryG Posted at 11-1 05:26

Yeah, I tried it and it doesn't work. Neither does a saramonic lavalier with straight USB-C connector. But the lav was made for the Osmo Action1 so there maybe differences in the audio interface between the 1 and the 2.
2021-11-1
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting I need a external mic with pass through power any info on that?
2021-11-1
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

if this would work that would be cool:

Adapter USB C to 3.5mm with power pass thru
2021-11-1
Use props
Celal
New

Turkey

snorkel Posted at 2021-11-1 09:29
if this would work that would be cool:

Adapter USB C to 3.5mm with power pass thru

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MU7E2AM/A/usb-c-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter

Hello, I am writing from Turkey.
First of all, I will try to explain as much as I can due to poor English.

Action 2 has compatibility problems with many microphones, but after a few tries, this is how I solved the problem.

I provided a problem-free microphone output with an Apple original adapter and trrs microphone.
When I connect the iPhone 6 original earphones, both the microphone and the headphone audio output work without any problems.
Other TYP-C 3.5 adapters did not work.
IMG_3138.jpg
2022-2-15
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waiting on the DJI Mic - that looks great!
2022-2-15
Use props
WICreekPaddler
lvl.4
United States

It would be really great if we could get an adapter for power + external microphone.  There has to be something that will eventually work, right?  I can't imagine a new camera wouldn't have the ability to accept external power and also add external audio.   
2022-2-15
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Is there any 3:rd party adapter/baseplate so I can get USB-C directly to the camera without the power/screen addon? The only ones I have found only supports USB-C charging.
2022-6-8
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MickeKling Posted at 6-8 05:33
Is there any 3:rd party adapter/baseplate so I can get USB-C directly to the camera without the power/screen addon? The only ones I have found only supports USB-C charging.

I haven't seen anything like that yet.
2022-6-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have used my saramonic vmic mini with the apple 3.5 mm to usb-c adapter and it works. have to use a trs to trrs cable from the mic (trs side) to the apple adapter (trrs) though. I've got a deity d3 pro on the way and it's supposed to be able to use the usb-c port or the 3.5 mm port for audio out so I'm hoping that will work to cut down on the number of cables I need between using my actual camera, iPhone, action 2 and such plus have better audio as well, I hope anyway!!
2022-6-8
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MickeKling Posted at 6-8 05:33
Is there any 3:rd party adapter/baseplate so I can get USB-C directly to the camera without the power/screen addon? The only ones I have found only supports USB-C charging.

No, these pass through ports only support USB charging. For any further functionality you must have ether the display or power module attached since that acts as the main processor, or 'brain' of the system.
2022-6-9
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

IftiBashir Posted at 6-9 08:05
No, these pass through ports only support USB charging. For any further functionality you must have ether the display or power module attached since that acts as the main processor, or 'brain' of the system.

Do you know this for a fact, or are you guessing? Ether way, if DJI manage to release a magnetic base plate with full USB, it will be a must have accessory. If you use the Action 2 (and want external audio) on a helmet the dual display/battery add-on is not an option due to the vertical construction.
2022-6-29
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MickeKling Posted at 6-29 05:57
Do you know this for a fact, or are you guessing? Ether way, if DJI manage to release a magnetic base plate with full USB, it will be a must have accessory. If you use the Action 2 (and want external audio) on a helmet the dual display/battery add-on is not an option due to the vertical construction.

The display/power module hold all the processing for data transfer - this is why you then use the connected module's USB port for external accessories. If you look at the third party accessories, all pins are present - its a complete like-for-like pass through - yet only charging works.
2022-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules