Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RSC 2 bottom screw strong enough ?
2462 8 2021-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am wondering if the bottom screw of the DJI RSC2 is strong enough to hold the gimbal plus camera (A7S III) when for instance screwed into a Manfrotto extender. So the same screw the stand screws into, is it really strong enough to hold all that weight when holding the gimbal horizontally and doesnt break?

Thanks
2021-10-30
Use props
NailTimVideo
lvl.3
Russia

Hi
I have made that setup to divide the load of RSC2 to its bottom and side mount points.
2021-11-01 16.13.18.jpg
2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. For your reference, the Load Weight of DJI RSC2 is 3.0 kg (Handheld). You may see the picture below
or this link:
https://www.dji.com/rsc-2/specs
Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.
1635765498(1).jpg
2021-11-1
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 03:22
Hi, there. For your reference, the Load Weight of DJI RSC2 is 3.0 kg (Handheld). You may see the picture below
or this link:
https://www.dji.com/rsc-2/specs
[Image]

Ho Wanda, thank you for the reply.
I know the gimbal has 3kg max weight for payload.
My question is whether it is safe for the RSC2 to be mounted onto something like a Manfrotto Gimboom which attached to the 1/4 thread at the bottom of the Gimbal, the same thread that is used when attaching the tripod legs.
I have attached a picture for reference.

Please can you tell me if this works with the RSC2 ? The Manfrotto Gimboom does say it is compatible with the RSC2
gimboom-manfrotto-mvgbf-cf-full-extension-mvg220.jpg
2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JBSonic Posted at 11-1 03:44
Ho Wanda, thank you for the reply.
I know the gimbal has 3kg max weight for payload.
My question is whether it is safe for the RSC2 to be mounted onto something like a Manfrotto Gimboom which attached to the 1/4 thread at the bottom of the Gimbal, the same thread that is used when attaching the tripod legs.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please kindly know that the product you are consulting is a third-party accessory. The performance of the RSC2 is closely related to gimbal load. As for the functioning of the other third-part accessories, we are not knowledgeable enough to know. Maybe you can refer to the physical weight of RCS2 plus your camera and then consult the corresponding professionals. If there is anything else need my help with, please feel free to talk.
2021-11-1
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NailTimVideo Posted at 11-1 03:15
Hi
I have made that setup to divide the load of RSC2 to its bottom and side mount points.[Image]

Wanda isnt being very useful...
Could you please provide more info on your setup ? Which parts did you use to build that support ? And why did you do it in the first place ? Can the 1/4"20 thread at the bottom not support the gimbal and camera ?
Thanks for any info provided
2021-11-1
Use props
NailTimVideo
lvl.3
Russia

JBSonic Posted at 11-1 05:37
Wanda isnt being very useful...
Could you please provide more info on your setup ? Which parts did you use to build that support ? And why did you do it in the first place ? Can the 1/4"20 thread at the bottom not support the gimbal and camera ?
Thanks for any info provided

The idea was to use as much mount points as I can, that's why I have used 15mm cheese rail and arcaswiss baseplate. I am considering to use RSC2 mounted on rope vibration isolator and thought its bottom inch thread is not enough to do it well.
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_oS1eoV04awiU
New

Canada

NailTimVideo Posted at 2021-11-1 06:50
The idea was to use as much mount points as I can, that's why I have used 15mm cheese rail and arcaswiss baseplate. I am considering to use RSC2 mounted on rope vibration isolator and thought its bottom inch thread is not enough to do it well.

Great idea! Could you please provide links to where i can buy them (Amazon links) maybe. Also do you think this would work on the rs2? Is there different hight cheese rails?
2022-2-23
Use props
christianunger
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-11-1 05:08
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please kindly know that the product you are consulting is a third-party accessory. The performance of the RSC2 is closely related to gimbal load. As for the functioning of the other third-part accessories, we are not knowledgeable enough to know. Maybe you can refer to the physical weight of RCS2 plus your camera and then consult the corresponding professionals. If there is anything else need my help with, please feel free to talk.

@ Wanda maybe the question was not clear enough:

Can the RSC 2 bottom screw mount support the weight of the gimbal + camera or will the screw mount break?

This has nothing to do with the "third party accessory", as it does not matter if you mount the gimbal on a boomstick or on a coconut with a screw attached to it.

Or in another question:
Can the gimbal be carried by holding it only at the DJI extension grip that comes with it? Same issue, no third party thing involved.

@ OP I've been using the RSC2 + Panasonic S5 on the Gimboom, no problems so far, but I'd also like to know if the gimbal screw mount actually supports this.
2022-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules