2516 3 2021-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears that the video from the fpv drone is limited to 3.78GB on my computer. I assume that's due to the Ex Fat formatting, but I think ExFat can read/write more. Any clue why files are broken up to this limitation?

2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there digibud. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2021-10-31
Use props
spektrolyte
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-31 18:41
Hello there digibud. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

I also find this "feature" annoying and limiting. Is there any way that this 4GB limit can be disabled, maybe by formatting the card differently?

Best wishes,

Thom
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_0NoFVZv9SODQ
New

France

spektrolyte Posted at 11-8 02:36
Hi Stephen,

I also find this "feature" annoying and limiting. Is there any way that this 4GB limit can be disabled, maybe by formatting the card differently?

Hello,

I agree with you Thom.

It will be nice to have the possibility --as one option in the goggles' menus-- to opt-in for an "unlimited" recording file size.

It is to be noted that --at least in my case, using the SanDisk Extreme PRO 128 GB card-- when I formatted the card through the dedicated menu in the goggles, the card was formatted in the exFAT format, and exFAT allows virtually unlimited file sizes. So, by default, DJI catered for this, it seems.

Or there is a good technical reason for DJI for not proving this possibility ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Franck
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules