Dell Venue 8 8" Intel Atom DJI Pilot App
2670 6 2015-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdog Awesome
New

United States

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows if the Dell Venue 8 8" Intel Atom is compatible with the DJI Pilot App. I was going to buy one just for the app because I dont have any devices that can support the app. Here is a link to the bestbuy page, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell ... 39807&skuId=9990127
2015-8-1
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

My guess is yes. It's the 4.4 KitKat but the chance is yours. Try it and return it if not. Best buy is pretty good about that.
2015-8-1
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

From the DJI web site:

Recommended Devices

iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus

Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
2015-8-1
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Probably no. I wouldn't try.

The Pilot app uses native ARM libraries. I do not think they will work on the Atom.

2015-8-1
Use props
benihanachef
New

United States

I have a Dell Venue 8 3840, WiFi model, and the Play Store says my device is not compatible with the DJI GO app.
2015-8-15
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

nfatoys@hotmail Posted at 2015-8-2 03:57
From the DJI web site:

Recommended Devices

These devices are not recommended, just found to be compatible. There are several threads on this forum with statements of compatibility about other devices.
2015-8-16
Use props
fovetekuz
lvl.1

Brazil

benihanachef Posted at 2015-8-15 23:47
I have a Dell Venue 8 3840, WiFi model, and the Play Store says my device is not compatible with the DJI GO app.

If this was happen then you need to upgrade your tablet's version. Here i share some steps about this procedure. But you get details about upgrading and downgrading only in Dell Venue 8 3840 Manual. So let's begin:
You will automatically get a notification on your tablet once the update is available, you can also go to Settings > About Tablet > Software update to manually look for the update. If update is available there then start downloading if not then try other method given in manual.
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules