15565 36 2021-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218038 ft
Singapore

Hello,
This is extremely disappointing from DJI. I never expected this product. I have many of your products (OSMO, Osmo pocket etc - sure you can see in your DB), but this is the reason I'll probably never buy anything else from DJI.
I spend 600$ to buy Action 2 and is overheating and stops recording. Even in 1080p after 10 minutes is stopping.
I am trying to request a refund from the supplier and they refuse. I am about to proceed to legal action if they keep not refunding it because honestly I feel cheated because you sold me a product with specific specs (4K/120fps) on which works sometimes for 3-4 minutes and then stops.
Here, kindly see, many others have the problem too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHyUnFLiNM
https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/27/djis-latest-gopro-competitor-is-a-stunner-but-cant-handle-the-heat/

Really, EXTREMELY disappointed and feeling - will state it again as I'm really sad from this money loss - cheated.

I bought it from Thailand, I sent email to the shop I purchased it hoping that they will refund it and to the Country Consumer Protection Board. If required, I will proceed to legal actions in order to get my money back.

I hope someone from DJI here can help.

Thank you

2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, Anthai. We are really sorry for your inconvenience. DJI Action 2 is wrapped with sliver metal materials that feature fast heat conduction and dissipation. To cope with the temperature surge, we apply the Temperature Threshold System for DJI Action2. When it is heating up and arrives at the temperature threshold, the camera will prompt and stop recording. The standard temperature threshold is 48℃, the high-temperature threshold is 53℃. We recommend you adjust the temperature threshold according to personal habits and scenarios. Or you can choose a lower resolution to record for fear of overheating. For example, 1080p power-saving mode.
For your request for a refund, we would suggest you compromise with your supplier. Sincerely apologize for that again and thanks for your understanding.
2021-11-1
Use props
Anthai
lvl.2
Singapore

Hello Wanda and many thanks for your response.
I managed to initiate a refund, hopefully will be completed.

I have many of your products, and keep buying. I am about to buy a nice drone too.

Honestly speaking, this Action 2 is extremely bad reputation for DJI. It's totally useless. One pays 600$ to buy a cam for 4K /120 , which cannot even work more than 3 minutes on 4K/25, and you are suggesting to work on 1080. It's like one spends a fortune to buy a Porche but you tell him don't go over 20Km/hr. because it is designed in a way it will burn.

Then, why one should buy a porche and not any other 10 times cheaper car?

That's only my personal opinion.

Because not only is not according to the specs for which one buys it, but also because it's unreliable. It might record, it might not (depending in will get hot more or less). So you play it 50-50 (or 10-90) if it will record or not, what you need, a jump, a flight, a nice bike ride..

If you personally tell me that you would trust such camera for your own one-time-in-life shots, I wouldn't believe you.

Many thanks!

2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Anthai Posted at 11-1 00:49
Hello Wanda and many thanks for your response.
I managed to initiate a refund, hopefully will be completed.

Hi, there. It's pity that we did not let you have a satisfactory purchase. Really thanks for your reply and feedback. Your advice has been forwarded to our designated teams. Hope you would understand and highly appreciate your support for DJI products all the time.
2021-11-1
Use props
Ziago
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125194 ft
Italy

I too am stepping stone to this complaint.  I bought an action 2 on the day of the presentation, I was very excited about this product.  I even had a bad experience with my 2 year old son because I wanted to shoot a pov video of him running and but he was getting burned, crying and moaning.  This product should be removed from the market because you have made a deceptive advertisement and above all you have proved yourself to be thieves, stealing € 500 from anyone who bought this device and instead found a useless object.  You should be reported, and I believe that the reports will come
2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Ziago Posted at 11-1 05:09
I too am stepping stone to this complaint.  I bought an action 2 on the day of the presentation, I was very excited about this product.  I even had a bad experience with my 2 year old son because I wanted to shoot a pov video of him running and but he was getting burned, crying and moaning.  This product should be removed from the market because you have made a deceptive advertisement and above all you have proved yourself to be thieves, stealing € 500 from anyone who bought this device and instead found a useless object.  You should be reported, and I believe that the reports will come

Hello, Ziago.
    We are really sorry to hear this news and sincerely apologize for the bad experience brought to your kids and you. May we know the condition of your kid and you now? Please take good care of both of you. If the machine is too hot, please pause the recording and let it cool down.
    We would like to know more details about this issue. Could you please tell us whether the email address of your DJI Account is the current email that has a chance to contact you? If it is convenient to you, would you please PM us your phone number? We will escalate your issue to our designated team immediately.
     Please kindly know that we really focus on our customers' experience and absolutely willing to know your advice.
Best regards
Wanda
2021-11-1
Use props
Anthai
lvl.2
Singapore

Totally agree. A recall now is the most professional action that DJI could be proceed at. Fails are for everyone. The important is not to avoid a fail! The important is to be ready to face a fail with the less possible impact.
A real managerial decision would be an immediate recall. Really professional action. Imagine the consequences of everyone complaining, returning it, getting burned, realize that a 4K/50 or 120 fps can write for 2minutes and then needs to get in the fridge.. Too bad in every aspect.
Totally friendly advise, I love DJI and is the only brand I trust really, but this is a 180degrees difference from what I know so far!
2021-11-1
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Anthai Posted at 11-1 20:32
Totally agree. A recall now is the most professional action that DJI could be proceed at. Fails are for everyone. The important is not to avoid a fail! The important is to be ready to face a fail with the less possible impact.
A real managerial decision would be an immediate recall. Really professional action. Imagine the consequences of everyone complaining, returning it, getting burned, realize that a 4K/50 or 120 fps can write for 2minutes and then needs to get in the fridge.. Too bad in every aspect.
Totally friendly advise, I love DJI and is the only brand I trust really, but this is a 180degrees difference from what I know so far!

I've already seen 2 YouTuber's review of the Action 2 cam, complaining of over heating.  You are not alone.  Its a True Bummer that this new device just stops working even at bare minimum resolution setting.

How mamy more over heating problems are there, that are not being reported?  I bet there is a LOT.

DJI should have done further testing before releasing.
2021-11-3
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Well, that puts a hold on buying.......
2021-11-3
Use props
Turmalin
New
  • >>>
Hungary

I'm joining. Right now, I’m also disappointed with the overheating problem. I had high hopes for the product, but I don’t get much benefit from it yet, even though the product is extremely innovative. I really hope that DJI will remedy the problem within a short time, because if not it will cause serious credit loss to the company. I am confident that an update will be coming soon that will solve the problem.
2021-11-4
Use props
Bellsprings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121831 ft
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 11-3 11:23
Well, that puts a hold on buying.......

Yep I had one on order and cancelled the next day when I read several articles on overheating issues.
2021-11-6
Use props
fans1f07fae5
New
Flight distance : 1332 ft
Thailand

since all my recordings are outdoor.
over heating = no camera.
really disappointed.

will there be a firm ware update to solve this issue? or some sort of recall?
2021-11-7
Use props
fans5fc06148
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650554 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I Hate to say but DJI Have really S*&T the bed with this product i bought the Action 2 and took it back 2 hours later due to overheating whats the point in an action cam that only records for a little while and then overheats so you cant record anymore and very disappointed that only has a 32gb internal storage and that the add on battery is not waterproof or at least splash proof
very poor product from DJI and should be RECALLED before someone does burn themselves and sues DJI
2021-11-7
Use props
jkarabadjakov
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 00:40
Hi, Anthai. We are really sorry for your inconvenience. DJI Action 2 is wrapped with sliver metal materials that feature fast heat conduction and dissipation. To cope with the temperature surge, we apply the Temperature Threshold System for DJI Action2. When it is heating up and arrives at the temperature threshold, the camera will prompt and stop recording. The standard temperature threshold is 48℃, the high-temperature threshold is 53℃. We recommend you adjust the temperature threshold according to personal habits and scenarios. Or you can choose a lower resolution to record for fear of overheating. For example, 1080p power-saving mode.
For your request for a refund, we would suggest you compromise with your supplier. Sincerely apologize for that again and thanks for your understanding.

Hello DJI Wanda,
Why are you propose to be use 1080p. We bought (or will buy) a action camera with 4K resalution and we want to shoot with 4K resolution at otherwise we will buy a camera with 1080p. NOT for $500, but for $150.
So our question is: Is this Issue should be solved by a FW update or we should buy a something else?
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_zBqz79O2B3xe
lvl.1

United States

Just bought today the dji action 2 and is extremely hot within
The first 4 minutes to set it up.  Ready to return it tomorrow
Just bought the warranty for 2 years .. and im expecting to be
Refunded
2021-11-27
Use props
Tempest161
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I do think a recall is in order for this product or they are going to have a lawsuit in their hands. This is an obvious engineering flaw and I highly doubt they can adjust the software to fix this issue. This is pathetic coming from DJI. I have owned many of their products over the years and have been great, but there was definitely not enough testing done with this product. I just got mine yesterday set it up and was running some test footage with the camera sitting on my desk. First test was a 4K 4:3 60FPS and at 4:48 it stopped recording and the overheating message came up. I then went into settings and adjust the temp sensor to high and tried again. At 3:06 it stopped again due to overheating! I bought this to use for professional use on my drones for my clients, but this would never work given this major issue. I will be returning this asap unless DJI can give me some assurance they can fix this quickly and permanently with a firmware update. I think everyone should return these and please do not give us some BS reply either like I heard from Customer Service on the phone today.
2021-11-30
Use props
Tempest161
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anthai Posted at 11-1 20:32
Totally friendly advise, I love DJI and is the only brand I trust really, but this is a 180degrees difference from what I know so far!

i don't think a recall will happen. It should.

Here is my detailed issues with the Overheating. DJI have now gone silent after I gave them the data.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253849

Cheers
2021-11-30
Use props
fansf6a88f3c
lvl.1
Australia

Have same issues with Action 2 overheated the first time used lasted about 5 minutes the shut down Very disappointed with this product and will be looking to return unless a fix is developed quickly
2021-12-1
Use props
SuperDave42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4003 ft
  • >>>
United States

I REALLY     LOVE the mechanical design and feel of this camera.  I'm a mechanical designer and appreciate this style of design.   The Magnetic Clippy mount is super cool !   the way they feel when they link up & dock with the accessory mounts,  very cool !.

I am returning this back to BestBuy today  after taking it my Universal Studios Hollywood family trip.   a LOT of footage was missed due to this camera thermally shutting down.,   Was a total bummer.   I really thought I was buying a capable modern HD Action Camera.

My personal opinion is that this device should be recalled,     Is this Camera being crippled due to having to use alternative chips because of shortages or what ?    ( no need to reply, I'm just talking out loud here )

Maybe DJI rushed this out early for the holiday sales.     I think there will be a LOT more product returns.
2021-12-6
Use props
Timothy Baldwin
New

United States

Not sure why DJI would sell a product like this. Do y’all even test your own equipment ?
2021-12-25
Use props
Timothy Baldwin
New

United States

I was very excited to get this camera to record my granddaughter for Christmas.
It heats up too hot to use within about 5 minutes. What makes DJI think that this is acceptable ? The device should be able to record until the battery runs dead. Time for a refund because I’m not paying this kind of money for something that barely works. How could DJI even release something like this ?
2021-12-25
Use props
Timothy Baldwin
New

United States

SuperDave42 Posted at 12-6 09:14
I REALLY     LOVE the mechanical design and feel of this camera.  I'm a mechanical designer and appreciate this style of design.   The Magnetic Clippy mount is super cool !   the way they feel when they link up & dock with the accessory mounts,  very cool !.

I am returning this back to BestBuy today  after taking it my Universal Studios Hollywood family trip.   a LOT of footage was missed due to this camera thermally shutting down.,   Was a total bummer.   I really thought I was buying a capable modern HD Action Camera.

My camera is doing the same thing. Recording cuts off in about 5 minutes or so. Totally unacceptable. They should recall the product.
2021-12-25
Use props
Timothy Baldwin
New

United States

Tempest161 Posted at 11-30 14:07
I do think a recall is in order for this product or they are going to have a lawsuit in their hands. This is an obvious engineering flaw and I highly doubt they can adjust the software to fix this issue. This is pathetic coming from DJI. I have owned many of their products over the years and have been great, but there was definitely not enough testing done with this product. I just got mine yesterday set it up and was running some test footage with the camera sitting on my desk. First test was a 4K 4:3 60FPS and at 4:48 it stopped recording and the overheating message came up. I then went into settings and adjust the temp sensor to high and tried again. At 3:06 it stopped again due to overheating! I bought this to use for professional use on my drones for my clients, but this would never work given this major issue. I will be returning this asap unless DJI can give me some assurance they can fix this quickly and permanently with a firmware update. I think everyone should return these and please do not give us some BS reply either like I heard from Customer Service on the phone today.

I totally agree. Mines doing the same thing. Overheats and quits recording within about 5 minutes. Ridiculous.
2021-12-25
Use props
KevinGuan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6788 ft
Switzerland

Hi all,

I was looking at buying an Action 2 but all these talks about overheating make me wonder.
Since the first report was anything done by DJI to adresse them ?

I am looking for the Action 2 to mostly record Outdoor climbing & Hyperlapse.
I know that most people happy with the camera won't be on the forum so I get a bias point of view of the issue since mostly people with issue will be here, but I wonder if this product is as unusable as people says, I feel like if it was there would be a lot of second hand / discount if people were mostly unhappy with it.
2021-12-29
Use props
Jamie Waldron
New

United States

My camera is doing the same thing. Bought it for a trip to Africa. So sad. Really liked the size and versatility. The heat is too much and too risky.
2021-12-29
Use props
June Wong
New

Malaysia

Used it for the the first time yesterday, in the shade and it started overheating after a few short takes. I was so excited for this new actioncam as I've been using DJI Osmo Action, DJI Osmo Pocket 1 & 2, and never faced this issue with the other models after such a short period of recording. Isn't the the new model supposed to be an improvement? I hope DJI will recall the Action Cam 2. It was too hot to hold without a glove after just few minutes and it caused a lot of delays on the shoot.

The product is now unsealed and used for one day, please advise me, how do I return it?
2022-1-9
Use props
PhantomMMS
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I to returned my Osmo Action 2. I have bought many DJI products..

Inspire 2
Mavic Platinum Pro
Mavic Mini 2
Mavic Enterprise
Mavic Pro 2
Mavic FPV
DJI Osmo Action
DJI Osmo Pocket
DJI Ronin
DJI Osmo 5
All my other FPV drones have only DJI Air units.

All of the above I still use for my media company. Going to buy New DJI Ronin 4 D…

I still believe in DJI but I am extremely disappointed with there response for this problem. I would of thought they would of said we admit there’s a problem and  are working hard to fix it. Instead we get lower the resolution !!  Rubbish DJI please address this problem with OSMO Action 2 and re-launched this product. Take it of the market until it’s sorted.   
2022-1-18
Use props
djiuser_iNbh6LXdIS5x
New

United Kingdom

I have been owning the Action 2 since November 2021 and have the same issue. High resolutions, high frame rate, low resolution, low framerate and in between. No matter what settings you use, it always, I am ALWAYS overheats, even underwater. I am extremely frustrated about it as in the UK, Currys (the store I bought from) cannot give the refund as it has been over 30 days (30 days I was trying to make the camera work and dealing support with DJI) and DJI cannot offer me refund either. I have a pink elephant in my hands.
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_j796PcfFhRW4
New

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-11-1 00:40

Dear DJI Wanda,
I'm staying in Malaysia. Temperature during afternoon can reach 36 degree Celsius.  What is the threshold recommended to adjust ?
*** please don't ask me to use indoor or lower the resolution. It will defeat the purpose of action camera.
2022-2-10
Use props
gogokehayov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I was about to by action 2, after this thread and the "cool reaction" from DJI - definitely not spending money on this...
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_rw18JMOrZ1WV
New

India

Hey Anthai, Did you hear back from DJI? Are you serious about the lawsuit?
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_QBUMZPFGqUxI
New

Italy

Is this issue still present? Bought mine and it is shutting down after few tens of seconds...
2022-5-21
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Here, the GoPro is the better choice, it just has to be said.
If you turn off the internal stabilization, you have a super long runtime and no overheating problems at all with the GoPro.
The actual stabilization takes place later on the PC thanks to the recorded gyro data in the video. Would be great if DJI would also go this way. This type of stabilization is far superior to the internal thanks to the computing power of the PC, a whole other league.
I do not understand why so many people still use the internal stabilization. It has only advantages, more battery, no overheating problems and extremely improved stabilization performance.
2022-5-25
Use props
Anthai
lvl.2
Thailand

Hi to all,
I returned the terrible camera and got my money back.
It’s insane that dji makes so nice drones but all products, level of support, way of thinking is really the “Chinese” way…
No support for systems, lots of bugs which are insanely easy to manage and fix, products that have no consistency ie simulators work only with very old models or don’t work at all, lack of respect to the customer for my aspect.
The action was a terrible move and proven their incompetence, at least of this product management team.
You can’t do a lawsuit to dji or a company in other countries, it’s hard and needs you to pay a lot.
What you can do is what trump very greatly did.. block them

Despite I say so, I keep buy their products and always feel the lack of respect to me as customer.

I’m hoping they will show their professionalism once or that a nice competitor will get up.

Regarding cameras action is terrible in everything and all dji are terrible. Insta is amazing so wherever I can get on
2023-7-30
Use props
Anthai
lvl.2
Thailand

Continue:
Whatever I can get on insta I definitely go for insta

Amazing products, quality and AMAZING support so far

2023-7-30
Use props
Advanced