17166 126 2021-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muchmore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568714 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried using a Google Pixel 6 Pro phone yet with Fly App 1.4.12. It connects fine, controls the Air 2 just fine but I get no picture at all, just a black screen. All controls work just no picture.

Anyone else have this phone and it worked?

2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-10-31
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-31 18:28
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Bone stock Android 12 won't run DJI Fly app?
2021-10-31
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 03:15
Hello, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Since Android 12 is still the beta version, DJI Fly App does not compatible with it, RD department has been working on it. DJI Fly App would not be compatible until the official version is released. please kindly download the .apk file for the beta version on our official website > download center(the bottom of the page).

Here is the link:

Full stable production Android 12 was released on October 18th. Google Pixel 6 and 6 pro are shipping with stable, not beta versions. I am using app version 1.4.12 that you suggested downloading.

"Android 12 stable got released on ....[1] getting its public over-the-air rollout on October 19, coinciding with the launch event for the Pixel 6.[19]"
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_pDwT7ZQPvYkm
New

United States

Camera does not work on Pixel 6 Pro.  Tried everything.  Let's get it fixed already.
2021-11-1
Use props
allanvrc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348950 ft
United States

Same here. Pixel 6 Pro, Air 2S.

Shame on DJI. Android 12 came out MONTHS ago and google releases device SDK's ahead of time so this doesn't happen.

I bet this will take at the very minimum a month if we're lucky.
2021-11-1
Use props
wjspector
lvl.1

United States

This sucks.  Worked fine on my Pixel 5 with Android 12.  
2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Muchmore Posted at 11-1 07:55
Full stable production Android 12 was released on October 18th. Google Pixel 6 and 6 pro are shipping with stable, not beta versions. I am using app version 1.4.12 that you suggested downloading.

"Android 12 stable got released on ....[1] getting its public over-the-air rollout on October 19, coinciding with the launch event for the Pixel 6.[19]"

Hi, there. Apologize for my blunder and miss. Having confirmed with our designated teams, the surging incompatibility issues of Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro have been noticed. We will pay attention to it and strive to resolve it as soon as possible. Please wait patiently and thanks for your understanding. If it bothers you a lot, we would recommend you borrow or use another compatible mobile device.
2021-11-1
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

wjspector Posted at 11-1 18:41
This sucks.  Worked fine on my Pixel 5 with Android 12.

Yeah, my P5 w/12 worked perfectly fine also. That's what's weird I know it works on Android 12
2021-11-1
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 18:57
Hi, there. Apologize for my blunder and miss. Having confirmed with our designated teams, the surging incompatibility issues of Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro have been noticed. We will pay attention to it and strive to resolve it as soon as possible. Please wait patiently and thanks for your understanding. If it bothers you a lot, we would recommend you borrow or use another compatible mobile device.

What's your phone, maybe I can borrow it
2021-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Muchmore Posted at 11-1 19:06
What's your phone, maybe I can borrow it

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We still need some time to deal with the issue. Please kindly know that. Rest assured that we indeed forwarded your issues and advice to our designated teams.
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_0C3rFqJ0AQ0A
lvl.1

Germany

Same here with P6, worked fine with P5. I do not want to use another phone, rather I will use another drone if the issue persists.
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_akgTCMhmdwx1
New

United States

Same issue here too on my 6 pro
2021-11-2
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well, I'm glad it's not just me then!
2021-11-3
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Muchmore Posted at 11-3 06:44
Well, I'm glad it's not just me then!

Don't worry, you are not the only one ;)

And it's not only Fly that does not work.

Dji Go, Dji GO4, Dji Mimo as well as Dji Store immediately crash on startup on the Pixel 6 ...
I upgraded to Pixel 6 as my Pixel 3 was getting old ... well ... cant fly anything with my new phone
2021-11-5
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PS013 Posted at 11-5 09:50
Don't worry, you are not the only one ;)

And it's not only Fly that does not work.

Oh man that's a kick in the crotch for sure!
2021-11-5
Use props
barbaric.zmfec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108839 ft
United States

This issue has me looking at EXO now. I contacted them about Android 12 and no issues there. At least they pay attention to OS releases.
2021-11-5
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

barbaric.zmfec@gmail.com Posted at 11-5 15:39
This issue has me looking at EXO now. I contacted them about Android 12 and no issues there. At least they pay attention to OS releases.

The weird thing is I had a Pixel 5 running Android 12 with no problem. It seems specific to the Pixel 6.  Hope this get's addressed quickly because I am without a backup drone right now. Makes doing jobs a little scary knowing you only have 1 drone to work with.
2021-11-6
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 18:57

Any update, there is a lot of people with Pixel 6's trying to use your equipment?
2021-11-7
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

Any update, there is a lot of people with Pixel 6's trying to use your equipment?
2021-11-7
Use props
alanmtaylorgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

We need an ETA of when this issue will be fixed. Can't even fly my mavic 3 now because the phone isn't compatible. Not an excuse these days
2021-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Muchmore Posted at 11-7 19:48

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for this inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any update and information with regard to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI Fly application recommended mobile device list. Thank you.
2021-11-9
Use props
disasterpieces1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21201 ft
Germany

Classic DJI.... I called the support before I googled for the problem because I kinda already thought it's a software problem.

The support told me "that they are in the final testing stage and it just can take some more days. Then the (in my case Pixel6) will be added to the compatibility list."

It's always the same ... with DJI. Like they heard 2 weeks after the release that android 12 was released. I fkn hate it.
2021-11-10
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

disasterpieces1 Posted at 11-10 05:27
Classic DJI.... I called the support before I googled for the problem because I kinda already thought it's a software problem.

The support told me "that they are in the final testing stage and it just can take some more days. Then the (in my case Pixel6) will be added to the compatibility list."

Final stages of testing, which means, we just realized. Just give us an honest answer of when we can expect a fix and that's good enough.

Android 12 has been out long enough for this to be worked out by now.
2021-11-10
Use props
fansc8854b76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125719 ft
United States

Muchmore Posted at 11-10 07:00
Final stages of testing, which means, we just realized. Just give us an honest answer of when we can expect a fix and that's good enough.

Android 12 had been out long enough for this to bed worked out by now.

It is not an Android 12 problem. It is that the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro have a new chipset that was never in a device before. I have a Pixel 4 XL with Android 12 that works fine, and a Pixel 6 Pro that does not.
2021-11-10
Use props
djiuser_dkMIxRz7WXRV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33698 ft
Germany

fansc8854b76 Posted at 11-10 11:17
It is not an Android 12 problem. It is that the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro have a new chipset that was never in a device before. I have a Pixel 4 XL with Android 12 that works fine, and a Pixel 6 Pro that does not.

Installing the new Android 12 versions of DJI Fly and Mimo fix the crashing bug, but unfortunately not the "black screen/no videostream" issue.
2021-11-10
Use props
djiuser_F3f5kbPcUDN1
lvl.2

United States

Muchmore Posted at 11-10 07:00

Android 12 has been out long enough for this to be worked out by now.

I have P3XL.  Hoping to get P6 and Dji S2 soon.  If all is well.
2021-11-10
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_F3f5kbPcUDN1 Posted at 11-10 22:36
I have P3XL.  Hoping to get P6 and Dji S2 soon.  If all is well.

Well, the phones are kick butt no doubt but the DJI Fly is not working at this time so good luck. Keep your old phone handy and don't trade it in just yet.
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_F3f5kbPcUDN1
lvl.2

United States

Muchmore Posted at 11-11 07:12
Well, the phones are kick butt no doubt but the DJI Fly is not working at this time so good luck. Keep your old phone handy and don't trade it in just yet.

I guess I can just fly with the 3XL off line.  Any real downside to that?
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_8Int10bHfhAb
New

United Kingdom

Before you ask.... I tried reducing refresh rate to 90 but no change... Black screen remains, works fine on non Android 12. DJI suggested I try s different cable but I only have the DJI one supplied!
Very Hacked Off and still no using with Dronelink after almost 12 months..... I thought DJI are supposed to be the best.... Seems not any more!
2021-11-12
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_8Int10bHfhAb Posted at 11-12 02:33
Before you ask.... I tried reducing refresh rate to 90 but no change... Black screen remains, works fine on non Android 12. DJI suggested I try s different cable but I only have the DJI one supplied!
Very Hacked Off and still no using with Dronelink after almost 12 months..... I thought DJI are supposed to be the best.... Seems not any more!

It's more than just Android 12. It's something different with Pixel 6's in general
2021-11-12
Use props
Spark_One
lvl.1
United States

This is great but what about the Spark?
2021-11-12
Use props
Spark_One
lvl.1
United States

This is great, but what about the Spark?
2021-11-12
Use props
fans9a816440
New

United States

Same problem. No video stream pixel 6 pro
2021-11-12
Use props
dubois21
lvl.1

France

Bonjour à la date du 14 novembre 2021 DJI go 4 ET DJI Mimo ne fonctionnent toujours pas sur mon pixel 6 PRO.
Dans une attente qui je l'espère ne sera pas trop longue car depuis 2 semaines ni mon drone DJI PRO 1 ni ma DJI Osmo 1 ne peuvent fonctionner ....
2021-11-14
Use props
disasterpieces1
lvl.1
Germany

dubois21 Posted at 11-14 03:08
Bonjour à la date du 14 novembre 2021 DJI go 4 ET DJI Mimo ne fonctionnent toujours pas sur mon pixel 6 PRO.
Dans une attente qui je l'espère ne sera pas trop longue car depuis 2 semaines ni mon drone DJI PRO 1 ni ma DJI Osmo 1 ne peuvent fonctionner ....

Hy dubois21... Yes, I'm also very fed up, that I can't take my Air 2S out. I'm looking for an update on a daily basis. But nothing is happening.

p.s. Maybe you could try to communicate in English on an international board. I makes it easier for everyone to communicate together.
2021-11-14
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

disasterpieces1 Posted at 11-14 03:13
Hy dubois21... Yes, I'm also very fed up, that I can't take my Air 2S out. I'm looking for an update on a daily basis. But nothing is happening.

p.s. Maybe you could try to communicate in English on an international board. I makes it easier for everyone to communicate together.

I don't even speak Spanish (lol) but I can feel the frustration! I share it with you both!
2021-11-14
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

The most amazing thing for me is that GO4 does not work with my Mavic 2 pro on the Pixel 6 pro, but works with a Mavic Air ( first gen. )

DJI GO works on the Pixel 6 Pro & my Inspire 1 Pro
But Fly & Mimo do not show any video ...

Come on DJI ;)

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253165
2021-11-14
Use props
disasterpieces1
lvl.1
Germany

PS013 Posted at 11-14 15:12
The most amazing thing for me is that GO4 does not work with my Mavic 2 pro on the Pixel 6 pro, but works with a Mavic Air ( first gen. )

DJI GO works on the Pixel 6 Pro & my Inspire 1 Pro

The ancient DJI GO4 App is working on the Pixel 6 Pro? xD That sounds really strange. But good for you that it works.
2021-11-15
Use props
Adam Titi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just spoke with DJi support on this exact issue...They just told me to use a different device. In my opinion this is completely unacceptable, their failure to update software accordingly is now costing me money. How can it be that such a technology driven company has failed to accommodate the update to android 12 and release o new phones...
2021-11-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules