Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muchmore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568714 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adam Titi Posted at 11-15 03:24
Just spoke with DJi support on this exact issue...They just told me to use a different device. In my opinion this is completely unacceptable, their failure to update software accordingly is now costing me money. How can it be that such a technology driven company has failed to accommodate the update to android 12 and release o new phones...

Just use another phone!
2021-11-15
Use props
disasterpieces1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21201 ft
Germany

Muchmore Posted at 11-15 07:10
Just use another phone!

That's a strange spelling for "drone".

(but even so unlikely to just use another phone)
2021-11-15
Use props
EversR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647861 ft
Netherlands

The issue has partially been fixed for my Galaxy S21 since app version 1.5.0 and 1.5.1. as soon as i start filming, it now DOES show the camera feed, so now i can at least see what I'm filming. But as soon as i stop filming, the feed freezes again.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 (exynos)
OS; Android 12 stable release (20211115)
2021-11-15
Use props
djiuser_jOWyzeWDSR1w
New

United States

Looks like DJI isn't interested in keeping customers. Telling them to use another device in order to work their antiquated products.
2021-11-15
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

disasterpieces1 Posted at 11-15 00:20
The ancient DJI GO4 App is working on the Pixel 6 Pro? xD That sounds really strange. But good for you that it works.

Yes is does, but only with the first gen Mavic Air
It does not work with the Mavic 2 pro

Could this be because the live stream from the Air is 720p while the Mavic 2 is 1080  ?
2021-11-15
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

EversR Posted at 11-15 09:06
The issue has partially been fixed for my Galaxy S21 since app version 1.5.0 and 1.5.1. as soon as i start filming, it now DOES show the camera feed, so now i can at least see what I'm filming. But as soon as i stop filming, the feed freezes again.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 (exynos)

Just tried 1.5.1 with Mini2 and Pixel Pro 6 ...
Still does not work
2021-11-15
Use props
Isetta16
lvl.1

United States

Given that the new Pixel 6 phones use the Google designed Tensor processor, the DJI Fly app supposedly can only work with a CPU which has the ARM 64-bit architecture. Perhaps there are compatibility issues with the hardware as well as the latest version of Android.
2021-11-15
Use props
Isetta16
lvl.1

United States

Given that the new Pixel 6 phones use the Google designed Tensor processor, the DJI Fly app supposedly can only work with a CPU which has the ARM 64-bit architecture. Perhaps there are compatibility issues with the hardware as well as the latest version of Android.
2021-11-15
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Isetta16 Posted at 11-15 13:45
Given that the new Pixel 6 phones use the Google designed Tensor processor, the DJI Fly app supposedly can only work with a CPU which has the ARM 64-bit architecture. Perhaps there are compatibility issues with the hardware as well as the latest version of Android.

I can't find it right now but I thought I read somewhere that Google is using either their own GPU that's been around for a while or a common GPU that is from someone else. I would have thought the video would be the easiest part of a custom chip.   MAybe it's new top to bottom.
2021-11-15
Use props
danielson2047
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317904 ft
United States

Anyone hear anything on this yet?  Pixel 6 Pro.
2021-11-17
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

danielson2047 Posted at 11-17 07:53
Anyone hear anything on this yet?  Pixel 6 Pro.

Nothing from me yet
2021-11-17
Use props
eDroneIt
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here. My 6 Pro is a no go. I just got it and thank goodness I had not sent back my Pix 4 yet. It needs to be in the mail today though. I hope DJI can get this fixed soon since I have no backup device. If not I will be moving drone companies my next purchase!
2021-11-17
Use props
Couchfisher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82795 ft
United States

Just want to post here to echo the same frustration and dissapointment that I'm reading from others. I have the Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12 and the Mavic Air 2 - nothing but a black screen. The only fortunate thing about my situation is that I still have my Pixel 3 XL hanging around and I'm able to fly with that device. Is there any update to when a fix will be released?
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_wPZLuGktl6li
lvl.1

United States

I'm on pixel 6 pro also. I don't have another phone so hopefully this will be fixed soon. Black screen on mavic air 2
2021-11-18
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_wPZLuGktl6li Posted at 11-18 11:33
I'm on pixel 6 pro also. I don't have another phone so hopefully this will be fixed soon. Black screen on mavic air 2

Same here. No backup phone
2021-11-18
Use props
disasterpieces1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21201 ft
Germany

Couchfisher Posted at 11-18 09:08
Just want to post here to echo the same frustration and dissapointment that I'm reading from others. I have the Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12 and the Mavic Air 2 - nothing but a black screen. The only fortunate thing about my situation is that I still have my Pixel 3 XL hanging around and I'm able to fly with that device. Is there any update to when a fix will be released?

No there is no specific release date. The support just tells you to wait.
2021-11-18
Use props
VonBen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125131 ft
United States

Just tacking on another grounded drone.

Pixel 6Pro - Mavic Air 2 - FLY 1.5.0 - FW updated today as well, no change. Works fine on my Samsung Tab 6 Lite... I'm fortunate to have a backup device to use, but I don't have a tablet holder for the remote so now I have to order one of those.
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_LDoVHSeMHgBi
lvl.1
United States

Imagine the disappointment of getting a 2s only to find out it won't work with the Pixel 6 Pro.  

Chalk another user up.  I guess I can return to Bestbuy but I agree to penalize the retailer for lackluster support from the OEM.
2021-11-19
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_LDoVHSeMHgBi Posted at 11-19 22:58
Imagine the disappointment of getting a 2s only to find out it won't work with the Pixel 6 Pro.  

Chalk another user up.  I guess I can return to Bestbuy but I agree to penalize the retailer for lackluster support from the OEM.

Did you just buy it?
2021-11-20
Use props
steveazee
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issues with my Pixel 6 Pro. Frustrating. I've never found DJI to be all that great regarding software, but this really is pretty bad. A flagship phone from Google and they're not all over this to make it actually work. Yeah, once I crash this Mini into a tree I'll be looking for a drone that actually provides decent software support. I've been a DJI customer for 5 years because they were the best. Were.
2021-11-20
Use props
joder
lvl.1
United States

Muchmore Posted at 11-20 06:13
Did you just buy it?

Yes, it is a fantastic drone.  I was able to use it with an iPhone for the time being but what a shame about the Pixel 6 / Pro
2021-11-20
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-1 18:57
Hi, there. Apologize for my blunder and miss. Having confirmed with our designated teams, the surging incompatibility issues of Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro have been noticed. We will pay attention to it and strive to resolve it as soon as possible. Please wait patiently and thanks for your understanding. If it bothers you a lot, we would recommend you borrow or use another compatible mobile device.

Getting a LOT of feedback from Pixel 6 users any word yet?
2021-11-21
Use props
joder
lvl.1
United States

Yes some updates would be good.  I would like to be able to use my phone with my brand. New drone and not have thoughts about returning it to the retailer.
2021-11-22
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yeah best selling Google Pixel ever and we can't use it yet with no explanation of a general timeline. Those of us that can't return the devices and are down a drone in daily business are screwed. Luckily this is a backup drone for me but still it's one more out of service for no reason.
2021-11-22
Use props
PKS
lvl.1

United States

add me to the list of Pixel 6 pro users with a black screen and grounded drone.
2021-11-23
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PKS Posted at 11-23 08:15
add me to the list of Pixel 6 pro users with a black screen and grounded drone.

Dang.

The bad thing is I really love the phone so far and the drone as well. I know it will get worked out eventually but having some communication on when we can expect a fix would go a long way.
2021-11-23
Use props
fans9f0bcfea
New

United States

This is very frustrating.  I was using an ancient galaxy S7 and it worked great, I finally get a new phone and it won't work.  Please get this figured out DJI.  
2021-11-23
Use props
rmanke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122359 ft
Canada

Does this happen on all drones, or just specific models?

I have a mini and I'm getting a Pixel 6.
2021-11-25
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rmanke Posted at 11-25 16:19
Does this happen on all drones, or just specific models?

I can only verify the Fly APP will not work on Pixel 6's regardless of what drone it is.
2021-11-25
Use props
FireWave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2352 ft
Canada

Same here with my Pixel 6 Pro. I'm using my MiPad instead, but the lack of internet connection + the inappropriate size make flying a mess.
2021-11-26
Use props
uicnren
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196864 ft
United States

FireWave Posted at 11-26 06:16
Same here with my Pixel 6 Pro. I'm using my MiPad instead, but the lack of internet connection + the inappropriate size make flying a mess.

if you can, use your phones wifi hotspot, connect your MiPad to that.
2021-11-26
Use props
FireWave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2352 ft
Canada

uicnren Posted at 11-26 06:32
if you can, use your phones wifi hotspot, connect your MiPad to that.

I did but for whatever reason, geo unlock doesn't work on my MiPad...

So I have to, you won't guess, connect to the remote controller my pixel, import the certificate, ask to unlock, share connection, connect my tablet to the remote controller, import the mini2 cert, import the geolock cert and finally start... And I'm in Canada so the weather doesn't help.

Easy isn't it?
2021-11-26
Use props
Paul Romeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64160 ft
United States

This is absurd. DJI, you should be able to support the newest Pixel phone day of release. Not nearly a month afterwards. I am beyond angry about this.
2021-11-26
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

Come on guys. Those of you who have been around should not be surprised at the lack of support from DJI and the canned robot answers from the "mods". DJI is by far the worst company for customer support. Look at the whole fiasco with the bulging batteries. That was clearly a manufacturer quality issue and yet they hid behind the 6 month warranty crap. Or at most telling you to contact support who may make an exception. But they never officially admitted the problem and issued a proper recall which is what a responsible company would do. I am personally going to be switching to another company as soon as I can.
2021-11-26
Use props
Po_Tato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 630696 ft
United States

dang i didn't have to blink an eye or update ,my insta 360 one X2 and it works flawlessly with my PIxel 6 and here is DJI which i don't understand how a whole Pixel 6 is not supported afte being announced MONTHS ahead of the release.
Please hope you guys fix and update the app before December 13th because i need you guys products during my trip.
Super disappointed in myself for believing that my Pixel will work straight out of the box with the DJI products.  Also i hope the DJI team isn't into that iOS first before anything else mentality because i just saw a post update and it was for iOS only.
2021-11-26
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Po_Tato Posted at 11-26 19:45
dang i didn't have to blink an eye or update ,my insta 360 one X2 and it works flawlessly with my PIxel 6 and here is DJI which i don't understand how a whole Pixel 6 is not supported afte being announced MONTHS ahead of the release.
Please hope you guys fix and update the app before December 13th because i need you guys products during my trip.
Super disappointed in myself for believing that my Pixel will work straight out of the box with the DJI products.  Also i hope the DJI team isn't into that iOS first before anything else mentality because i just saw a post update and it was for iOS only.

Same here buddy
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_pf3YMssEl5Cm
New

Australia

Same issue here with my Pixel 6 pro. Initially I think the camera is broken, but I can control and take video and photo with my mini 2. And the video and photo kept well in SD card. Then I switched to my old iPhone XS, it works really well. And I realised it's software issue. Please update DJI fly app as soon as possible to be compatible with Pixel 6 pro. Thanks.
2021-11-27
Use props
tolled
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1955 ft
United States

Chalk up another new customer being blindsided by this. Never would have suspected that THE ANDROID FLAGSHIP PHONE wouldn't be supported on day one, or a month later for that matter. Fortunately, I was able to dig out an old HTC to use in the meantime. And even then DJI makes me source the DJI Fly APK file myself. Not a good way to start with a new customer...
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_aRS5PvgQtAuM
lvl.1

Canada

Still can't fly my mavic mini. Pixel 6
2021-11-27
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tolled Posted at 11-27 04:54
Chalk up another new customer being blindsided by this. Never would have suspected that THE ANDROID FLAGSHIP PHONE wouldn't be supported on day one, or a month later for that matter. Fortunately, I was able to dig out an old HTC to use in the meantime. And even then DJI makes me source the DJI Fly APK file myself. Not a good way to start with a new customer...

That's the thing we already have to go to outside sources and side load because it isn't in the he playstore, how long will it take to get an official copy that can pass playstore checks?
2021-11-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules