Audio input via Action 2 not available when using as webcam
2546 10 2021-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi - I am using Windows 11 and am experiencing an issue where audio input via the Action 2 is not available - although video works.

I am using the latest firmware as of 27-OCT-21 - is anyone else experiencing this issue please?

Also - DJI - is there any way you could add the functionality to offer the webcam facility using either WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity please?
2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have put forward your issue and advice to our designated team. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-10-31
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Many thanks DJI Wanda
2021-11-1
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Algeria

audio output capture: "what u hear" if you have a soundblaster card, I think realtek calls it "wave out" or something. Basically, whatever you'd hear if you were listening to your headphones / speakers. It's all the audio jumbled together after going through your PC. Game audio Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin + any music you've got running + teamspeak, etc.
2021-11-2
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi adomanim - thanks for the input (no pun intended!) - Just to clarify the issue here - when I am trying to use the Action 2 as a webcam, the video works perfectly (I can see myself and the other party can also see me), however MY audio input doesn't.

So what I mean by this is that if the other party is speaking to me - I can hear them as I would normally hear anything on my PC, but if I speak they can not hear me - and there is no option within the sound settings to define the Action2 as audio input/microphone.
Have you been able to get the Action 2 to accept audio input so the other party can hear you without a separate microphone?
2021-11-2
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi DJI team - I raised a ticket with the technical support team and was told by them that due to both software AND hardware issues it would NOT be possible to use the webcam as a source of audio input when using it as a webcam.

This sounds very incorrect information, but I suppose it could be the case depending on how the device's circuit boards were designed.

Could I please ask if you could check and confirm this as for me, the primary reason for buying the device was that I wanted an action cam that could function as a webcam, but I didn't want a GoPro.

Many thanks in advance.
2021-11-9
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just wanted to bump this up as it's still an issue please.
2021-11-26
Use props
gijsmans
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same issue here. Bought the dji action 2 to use as webcam also. Does not works at all on Mac (macOS 12 Monterey) and no sound in windows. Besides all other software issues I had it is not suprising this device is roasted in reviews. I do like the hardware and will not return the device, hoping software will improve to meet acceptable levels.
2021-12-24
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gijsmans Posted at 12-24 05:49
Same issue here. Bought the dji action 2 to use as webcam also. Does not works at all on Mac (macOS 12 Monterey) and no sound in windows. Besides all other software issues I had it is not suprising this device is roasted in reviews. I do like the hardware and will not return the device, hoping software will improve to meet acceptable levels.

Same - I've also bought the accessories as well as I have faith in the product - looking at other DJI products, future revisions of the firmware have fixed a lot of issues, but its still a massive oversight to not have microphone functionality on a webcam though ;)

@gijsmans - is it just the audio functionality that isn't working for you, or is the webcam not recognised as a web camera at all?
2021-12-24
Use props
djiuser_YMjn9XK0BkCo
lvl.1

Israel

edwardquan Posted at 2021-12-24 06:44
Same - I've also bought the accessories as well as I have faith in the product - looking at other DJI products, future revisions of the firmware have fixed a lot of issues, but its still a massive oversight to not have microphone functionality on a webcam though ;)

@gijsmans - is it just the audio functionality that isn't working for you, or is the webcam not recognised as a web camera at all?

Hi, for me the dpi action2 webcam is recognized but the microphone d'ont work
2022-1-10
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_YMjn9XK0BkCo Posted at 1-10 00:40
Hi, for me the dpi action2 webcam is recognized but the microphone d'ont work

This is a known issue unfortunately - the last information I received from DJI is that they are unable to find a method of resolving this, but I am hopeful they will find a way (hopefully)

In the meantime, the only option is to use a separate microphone unfortunately.
2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules