osmo pocket 3?
29002 51 2021-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wguzman
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

fanse5103708 Posted at 1-31 08:03
I don’t see all the BS about the Pocket 2. It performs well for its design purpose. It is my primary on all my kayaking videos. If I had one wish it would be to have “Story Mode” available without the need to plug into your cellphone. I really don’t see a need for a Pocket 3. Many expect the performance of a RED for a $500 price tag. That won’t happen. My 2 cents.

LOL what a BS post
2022-1-31
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

fanse5103708 Posted at 1-31 08:03
I don’t see all the BS about the Pocket 2. It performs well for its design purpose. It is my primary on all my kayaking videos. If I had one wish it would be to have “Story Mode” available without the need to plug into your cellphone. I really don’t see a need for a Pocket 3. Many expect the performance of a RED for a $500 price tag. That won’t happen. My 2 cents.

"Many expect the performance of a RED for a $500 price tag. That won’t happen. My 2 cents."

Most of us were just wanting to have all the anouced P2 features to work without bugs.

My 2 cents
2022-1-31
Use props
Kraeuterbutter
lvl.1

Austria

kfh Posted at 2021-11-8 06:43
Yes.

I assume, you limit your statement to a certain price range, but why only accept “mechanical gimbals”?
nsta360 - for example - uses another principle completely. There are NO outside moving parts. The surface is completely “clean”. The critter records the camera movement in all directions as well as a 360 degree all directions video (5.7k), which is “extracted/created/stabilized” etc. by a tool, when exported to a standard format (also Apple ProRES, which is preferable to DJI’s in-frame “stuttering/flashing” each 30 frames exact - also when recording 25fps).

It’s a different approach by Insta360, but it works surprisingly well (I have both products), and the Insta360 One X2 is extremely robust and also water resistant (probably not completely water proof for prolonged under water use). I haven’t looked back to the effectively no longer supported Pocket 2. And I like the smooootheee results from the Insta, where I also get the added option to modify the viewpoint up/down and left/right - even between front/back view or anything in between - AFTER recording is done. Sometimes life does not happen quite as you expect, and “the ultra wide all around” view have benefits in these cases.

For the rough and tumble of daily - unplanned - use, I value the Insta approach. It’s compact and extremely robust. The latter is not at all the case for the Pocket 2.

the Insta ONe X2 and the Pocket 2 are complete different beasts..

the image Quality of a reframed Video (or pictures) is not at all comparable with the Pocket 2
the One X2 lacks resolution big-time when you compare videos or even more on images

i like my insta one X as well - but: for image quality not at all comparable...
its nice for funny shots but as soon as you crop in or use a reframed picture quality sucks..

i hope 11k for 360 pictures will become standard soon
and video: even with 8k the reframed video looks by far not that good as a video from the pocket 2

for durability: well..
i always was very carfully with my onex
but one time tipped over, 20cm height -> lens scrached

the lenses are very easy to damage
lens-covers make the image quality (and stiching) even worse

so: the X2 is a very different approche and not "better" than a gimble solution
its strength are on other sides.. image quality is not a strength of 360 cams

2022-2-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Kraeuterbutter Posted at 2-28 01:26
the Insta ONe X2 and the Pocket 2 are complete different beasts..

the image Quality of a reframed Video (or pictures) is not at all comparable with the Pocket 2

I entirely agree.  For 360 video, a 360 camera is great, but for normal video... no.
The usual - often overlooked - rule applies.  Consider the job you want done.  Then pick the right tool (camera) for the job.
2022-2-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

alexmbraMav Posted at 2021-11-9 17:10
"and the thousands of non-review end-user videos made with it on YouTube,"  People that don't care for not having a product doing all the things it is suppost to do. Most people just want a point and shoot camera and are happy with that. But for me, I nnormally want to have what I paid for, a product that do all the things they say it should do, not features that works more or less.
You don't mind paying a high price for a product that doesn't do everything it claims to do?
Thousands you say?  I just did a youtube search for ''DJI Pocket 2 problems''  :  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dji+pocket+2+problems

Try your search again.  This time put it in date order.  You'll see that the search string is bringing up loads of videos about the Action 2 and the Pocket 1.  In the last 6 months - at a glance - there are only two or three videos there referring to overall problems with the Pocket 2.  There are several others related to specific faults with specific cameras.  

The query even brings up a video I posted praising the Pocket 2 wind noise reduction system!

I'm not saying there are no complaints, I'm just pointing out that your list of videos is not what it appears to be if you delve a little deeper.
2022-2-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_uG4peZWIyrva Posted at 2021-12-27 15:21
Unless you bought some nice, expensive mics to use, that 32 bit wan float means nothing.

The point of 32 bit float is not really sound quality related - it simply means that you don't have to worry about setting the recording level, because 32 bit float digital recording can handle far greater dynamic range than the analog stages feeding the AD converter.  So it will avoid recorded distortion just as well from a cheap mic or a costly one.  However, it's necessary to check that your editing system will handle video files incorporating 32 bit float audio - I suspect most don't.
2022-2-28
Use props
Tan Tiong Meng
lvl.1
Malaysia

I believe the next pocket 3 will be with 8K or they will be obsolete.
2022-3-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Tan Tiong Meng Posted at 3-10 23:26
I believe the next pocket 3 will be with 8K or they will be obsolete.

It would look good in advertising but the merits of greater than 4K video in the GoPro 10 don't seem to be universally acknowledged.  For 99% of users it's not that big a deal.  I saw a statistic recently that more than 90% of YouTube content is watched on mobile phones...
2022-3-11
Use props
Gawain
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I upload 1440p, so even 2.7k is good enough for me. I just want even better low light capability, improved tracking and increased battery life while keeping the same, pocketable dimensions. Just those alone would be enough for me to consider upgrading.
2022-3-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Now that   (Cough) (cough) Dji caught someones attention, I would love to see DJI  create a larger model but not too large, and I be interested even more, but not going to the darkside of a Bug-n-issue one.
2022-3-13
Use props
SA Fox Mulder
lvl.1

United States

The Air 2S camera in pocket form would be pretty pog.
2022-3-25
Use props
TowardsIOT
New

Pakistan

I have Some Important Leaks About  DJI Pocket 3And DJI Pocket 3 Release Date. I think You would Love that.[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]https://www.towardsiot.com/dji-pocket-3-release-date

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]

2022-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules