osmo pocket 3?
12Next >
28957 51 2021-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Curious - is there an Osmo Pocket 3 on the horizon?

Considering getting the #2, but don't want to buy it just to find out 2-3 months later there is an Osmo 3, and I think the Osmo 2 has been out for a year already, correct?

Thanks!

2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there djiguy001. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im holding out for P3 too.
2021-11-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd hold out for the P3.  Hasn't been any firmware updates for a while on the P2 so a P3 just has to be in the planning stages.  I bought a used P2 to tide me over until the P3 is released.
2021-11-1
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Just wishing they won't stop updating it like they did with the Pocket 2 - as if it crashed into a wall.
2021-11-2
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They have to fix first the pocket2 i think i will leave dji when they do not fix it.
2021-11-3
Use props
wguzman
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Lol people seeing others complaining about unfixed issues with the P1 and P2 and yet they are talking about buying the pocket 3, I know it’s your money but jezz I little bit of common sense so you don’t join the next wave complains when they stop updating the pocket 3 leaving all the issues unfixed
2021-11-4
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

wguzman Posted at 11-4 04:14
Lol people seeing others complaining about unfixed issues with the P1 and P2 and yet they are talking about buying the pocket 3, I know it’s your money but jezz I little bit of common sense so you don’t join the next wave complains when they stop updating the pocket 3 leaving all the issues unfixed

You do have a point there. On one hand, I am not too disappointed with the Pocket 2 (I stick mostly to 1080p filming, and for that, it works well enough - after I got the infuriating activation hassle done), but on another hand I won't be buying the Pocket 3 right when it is released just for the sake of getting "the newest and greatest". And now that my history with the Pocket 2 has teached me a couple of things, I know to be more observative and cautious before rushing to buy one. When getting my next video camera, I know to compare the options a bit more, and possibly wait for some time to see if it will have it's possible problems properly fixed via updates or whether they will abandon it just as abruptly as the Pocket 2's updates.

But yeah, certainly doing some research forehead and using common sense is certainly not a bad idea.
2021-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But that’s how DJI works.  They hear the complaints and releases a new version that addresses some of them.
2021-11-4
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

Sometimes I think that these people are working for DJI, to create excitement about their new product. rsrsrsrs
2021-11-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It won't be long and it will be the cine camera from the Mavic 3 on a stick.  You read it here first.  But... you're going to need to save up....
2021-11-4
Use props
kfh
lvl.2
Denmark

I went back to using - mainly - my smartphones. And I bought a small, light smartphone gimbal. Overall quality far, far better than the Pocket 2 (or the Osmo Pocket) I have. Not a DJI. Never again. After three DJI products, I've learned my lesson ;-)

This also gave me new options for handling high quality (up to 32-bit float WAV) audio in interesting, still very low weight, ways (up to full AmbiX surround sound).

When I need still better quality, I start one of my bigger gimbals up, with either Panasonic or Canon gear (enormously better quality in low light situations, working even at night outside city lights). It's just a question of how much "weight" each task requires. Since the pandemic is not over yet - if ever really over - travel is still highly restricted (most of my preferred destinations are practically or really closed for ordinary travel), so weight is not that important.

The "pockets" had a lot of promise, but did not deliver in the end. I also found, that the Insta360 Plus X2 had some interesting options with respect to "after the fact" editing and framing (360 degrees give a loot of options - especially when combined with external 360 degree sound). Options DJI could never deliver.

In a way, DJI helped me on the way (I'm convinced, they didn't intend to, but... thanks anyway ;-)

So... it was nice to have lightweight - overly complicated and restricted - gear, but the lack of quality and especially the lack of support/firmware upgrades, made my decision very simple.

Regards and have fun (we only live once, I'm told ;-)

2021-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Pocket 2 seems to be a very polarising device.  Some very reputable independent users regularly say in passing that the Pocket 2 is their favourite small camera.  I think I'd say the same.  Yet others seem to have issues with it to the degree that it puts them off from buying DJI again.  Put it this way - there is no other gimbal camera that is better, that can be held in one hand.  Or would anyone dispute that?
2021-11-7
Use props
kfh
lvl.2
Denmark

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-7 23:24
The Pocket 2 seems to be a very polarising device.  Some very reputable independent users regularly say in passing that the Pocket 2 is their favourite small camera.  I think I'd say the same.  Yet others seem to have issues with it to the degree that it puts them off from buying DJI again.  Put it this way - there is no other gimbal camera that is better, that can be held in one hand.  Or would anyone dispute that?

Yes.

I assume, you limit your statement to a certain price range, but why only accept “mechanical gimbals”?

Insta360 - for example - uses another principle completely. There are NO outside moving parts. The surface is completely “clean”. The critter records the camera movement in all directions as well as a 360 degree all directions video (5.7k), which is “extracted/created/stabilized” etc. by a tool, when exported to a standard format (also Apple ProRES, which is preferable to DJI’s in-frame “stuttering/flashing” each 30 frames exact - also when recording 25fps).

It’s a different approach by Insta360, but it works surprisingly well (I have both products), and the Insta360 One X2 is extremely robust and also water resistant (probably not completely water proof for prolonged under water use). I haven’t looked back to the effectively no longer supported Pocket 2. And I like the smooootheee results from the Insta, where I also get the added option to modify the viewpoint up/down and left/right - even between front/back view or anything in between - AFTER recording is done. Sometimes life does not happen quite as you expect, and “the ultra wide all around” view have benefits in these cases.

For the rough and tumble of daily - unplanned - use, I value the Insta approach. It’s compact and extremely robust. The latter is not at all the case for the Pocket 2.

The point is: If DJI had supported their Pocket 2 - even if just to the level of the Osmo Pocket predecessor (which I also own), updated the firmware and removed some, most if not all the insufficiencies experienced and documented by many (including me), I wouldn’t have looked for alternatives.

Instead, they introduced the “all new and shiny” white-wash.

DJI literally made me do it ;-)

Regards
2021-11-8
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

The Pocket 2 seems to be a very polarising device.  Some very reputable independent users regularly say in passing that the Pocket 2 is their favourite small camera.  I think I'd say the same.  Yet others seem to have issues with it to the degree that it puts them off from buying DJI again.  Put it this way - there is no other gimbal camera that is better, that can be held in one hand.  Or would anyone dispute that?

Sometimes it's not quite as simple to say as that. What is the best option for one might not be that for another. And sometimes even talking about different units for the same model, the user experience may vary - one finds that their unit is perfect for their purposes and works like a dream, while another one manages to end up in a situation where they have to send their unit back due to faults and problems (there was one member in the forums who repeated this 6-7 times due to poor build quality - dust, smears and scratches inside the lenses!) or find out that the quality and functions just are not good enough for them. Of course, it is also partially about expectations - for instance, you will be likely disappointed if you expect to use it as an action camera, but for basic vlogging, it probably works like it shoud.

I think people should have the right to express their opinions, positive or negative, as long as they do it in a constructive and wholesome way. For me, the Pocket 2 is a good gimbal camera that has some faults, but after the initial hassle with the activation due to poor communications and marketing from the DJI's site, I have been mostly content with it. I have noticed it somewhat suffers when trying to use it with higher resolutions, but for me 1080p is adequate, and on that setting it certainly does the job fine.

Saying that, having options (different manufacturers and models for different purposes) rarely is a bad thing.
2021-11-8
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

kfh Posted at 11-8 06:43
Yes.

I assume, you limit your statement to a certain price range, but why only accept “mechanical gimbals”?

Some might prefer gimbal for tracking or other purposes requiring gimbal function, some prefer the Insta-style solution. It pretty much depends on user's needs and opinions.

For me, the Pocket 2 is fine as it is, but I am not saying the Insta would be a bad choice either, at least for some usages. For some scenarios, it is probably better than the Pocket 2.

What I do agree with you upon is that their firmware support should have been better. I can see some people certainly being disappointed when, for instance, seeing the tracking problems in 4K resolutions. Having better firmware support would possibly solve at least some of the problems, and build trust in DJI, ensuring customers that their purchase will be a good investment and that they will not be immediately abandoned after giving up their money to DJI.
2021-11-8
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

The Pocket 2 seems to be a very polarising device.  Some very reputable independent users regularly say in passing that the Pocket 2 is their favourite small camera.  I think I'd say the same.  Yet others seem to have issues with it to the degree that it puts them off from buying DJI again.  Put it this way - there is no other gimbal camera that is better, that can be held in one hand.  Or would anyone dispute that?

"be a very polarising device.  Some very reputable independent users regularly say in passing that the Pocket 2 is their favourite small camera.  I think I'd say the same."

Really?  Just take a look at this forum and count how many posts are of people complaining about a problem with P2, and how many "reputable independent users" are saying P2 is great?  Polarinsing you say?  Right.... 10 complaining posts for 1 saying that are their favorite.

Also, about the "there is no other gimbal camera that is better, that can be held in one hand" If you bought just a gimbal camera, yes. But if you bought a gimbal camera that are suppost to track, not stoping recording with random cards problems, with real HDR, with fixed 100Mb/s bitrate... Would anyone dispute that?
2021-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

alexmbraMav Posted at 11-8 16:53
"be a very polarising device.  Some very reputable independent users regularly say in passing that the Pocket 2 is their favourite small camera.  I think I'd say the same."

Really?  Just take a look at this forum and count how many posts are of people complaining about a problem with P2, and how many "reputable independent users" are saying P2 is great?  Polarinsing you say?  Right.... 10 complaining posts for 1 saying that are their favorite.

Compared to the massive sales of the Pocket 2 and the thousands of non-review end-user videos made with it on YouTube, apparently by people who are happy with it, the few who express disappointment here are insignficant.  (But of course their voice must be heard and many make good points).  And of course internet forums are packed with people complaining - thats what forums are for, in a way!  

As for the Insta360 One X - wel, it's great when you want that tool for the current job but the image quality is too poor for many purposes, particularly when the light isn't really good.  I used mine a lot on a family holiday in Feb 2020 but haven't turned it on since.  That's because it hasn't been the right tool for the job, for me, since then.  YMMV and clearly does.
2021-11-8
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Yes.

I agree as it also worries me that DJI abandon their devices quickly rushing for newer (not even better) successors. This makes me think DJI is more greedy for money than supporting their products and this is not a very good sign. I am already disappointed with Action 2 implementation with buggy and not really ready for release firmware. I never really liked GoPro but not it looks like a better alternative and my confidence grows every time I shoot and post process Action 2 footage. To be honest I expect nothing good regarding Pocket 3 except bigger but cheaper sensor and price tag that Tesla car would envy.
2021-11-9
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

utkin Posted at 11-9 06:43
I agree as it also worries me that DJI abandon their devices quickly rushing for newer (not even better) successors. This makes me think DJI is more greedy for money than supporting their products and this is not a very good sign. I am already disappointed with Action 2 implementation with buggy and not really ready for release firmware. I never really liked GoPro but not it looks like a better alternative and my confidence grows every time I shoot and post process Action 2 footage. To be honest I expect nothing good regarding Pocket 3 except bigger but cheaper sensor and price tag that Tesla car would envy.

They should notice that supplying updates after selling is about building customer trust in getting support and value for their purchase, rather than "you already gave us your money, now forget it". Buyers are not going to take the same bait twice if they feel abandoned - thus meaning they are less likely to try their luck with later and supposedly better products. If they can rely on problems and shortcomings being fixed, they are more likely to upgrade or buy the next model after the old one needs to be replaced.
2021-11-9
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Pocket 3 will come 2022 autumn.
2021-11-9
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-8 19:19
Compared to the massive sales of the Pocket 2 and the thousands of non-review end-user videos made with it on YouTube, apparently by people who are happy with it, the few who express disappointment here are insignficant.  (But of course their voice must be heard and many make good points).  And of course internet forums are packed with people complaining - thats what forums are for, in a way!  

As for the Insta360 One X - wel, it's great when you want that tool for the current job but the image quality is too poor for many purposes, particularly when the light isn't really good.  I used mine a lot on a family holiday in Feb 2020 but haven't turned it on since.  That's because it hasn't been the right tool for the job, for me, since then.  YMMV and clearly does.

"and the thousands of non-review end-user videos made with it on YouTube,"  People that don't care for not having a product doing all the things it is suppost to do. Most people just want a point and shoot camera and are happy with that. But for me, I nnormally want to have what I paid for, a product that do all the things they say it should do, not features that works more or less.
You don't mind paying a high price for a product that doesn't do everything it claims to do?
Thousands you say?  I just did a youtube search for ''DJI Pocket 2 problems''  :  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dji+pocket+2+problems
2021-11-9
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

I still don't understand why someone would desire another Pocket device, after what DJI did with the Pocket 2.
In addition just look at what is happening with Action 2 and Mavic 3... both with unfinished firmware.
Only, and after only, if DJI will fix the issues and add the promised features, those products will be worthy and I will consider another DJI product.

So zero hype from me.
I'm done being a beta tester.
2021-11-10
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Mgozer Posted at 11-10 02:41
I still don't understand why someone would desire another Pocket device, after what DJI did with the Pocket 2.
In addition just look at what is happening with Action 2 and Mavic 3... both with unfinished firmware.
Only, and after only, if DJI will fix the issues and add the promised features, those products will be worthy and I will consider another DJI product.

What is it DJI did with the Pocket 2?

Main reason I'd be looking for a new version is if they say had a 1" sensor (better image quality), etc.
2021-11-10
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

djiguy001 Posted at 11-10 05:36
What is it DJI did with the Pocket 2?

Main reason I'd be looking for a new version is if they say had a 1" sensor (better image quality), etc.

Dji never fixed several issues highlighted since a long time.
Some issues even not affecting the original Osmo Pocket.
2021-11-10
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-8 19:19
Compared to the massive sales of the Pocket 2 and the thousands of non-review end-user videos made with it on YouTube, apparently by people who are happy with it, the few who express disappointment here are insignficant.  (But of course their voice must be heard and many make good points).  And of course internet forums are packed with people complaining - thats what forums are for, in a way!  

As for the Insta360 One X - wel, it's great when you want that tool for the current job but the image quality is too poor for many purposes, particularly when the light isn't really good.  I used mine a lot on a family holiday in Feb 2020 but haven't turned it on since.  That's because it hasn't been the right tool for the job, for me, since then.  YMMV and clearly does.

Never heard of the Insta360 until now. You have both? Could you please post a picture taken with both the Osmo 2 & Insta360 so I can compare quality? Thanks!
2021-11-10
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Yes.

I assume, you limit your statement to a certain price range, but why only accept “mechanical gimbals”?

What is the difference between the InstaOne & X2? Also - how have you found video quality? Also - are both 1" sensors?

And yes - part of the reason I was considering upgrading is I found my Pocket 1 (which has been great) -from time to time the 'gimbal' part gets "stuck" when turning it on. Makes no sense, but it does that...

Thanks!
2021-11-10
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Mgozer Posted at 11-10 05:49
Dji never fixed several issues highlighted since a long time.
Some issues even not affecting the original Osmo Pocket.

Which specific ones come to mind? (I haven't gone through the forum looking yet - so just curious which ones they haven't fixed yet). thanks!
2021-11-10
Use props
wguzman
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

djiguy001 Posted at 11-10 06:01
Which specific ones come to mind? (I haven't gone through the forum looking yet - so just curious which ones they haven't fixed yet). thanks!

Tracking issues, excessive crop in HDR, exposure flicker and so on
2021-11-10
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

djiguy001 Posted at 11-10 06:01

Are you sure you are not a  DJI employee? Or better yet, are you sure you own a Pocket 2?
2021-11-10
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

alexmbraMav Posted at 11-10 16:27
Are you sure you are not a  DJI employee? Or better yet, are you sure you own a Pocket 2?

haha.
(a) yeah, perdy sure i ain't an employee.
(b) double yeah, perdy sure I ain't got no pocket 2... that's why I am asking.

why would you make such a statement?

(I have a pocket 1, but it started having some wierd mechanical issues  whne starting up sometimes, so wasn't sure if I should get a #2 if a #3 will be  coming out soon).
2021-11-17
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

djiguy001 Posted at 11-17 19:10
haha.
(a) yeah, perdy sure i ain't an employee.
(b) double yeah, perdy sure I ain't got no pocket 2... that's why I am asking.

I have both P1 and P2. I won't buy P3 if they release it. I learned my lesson.
Dji did not fixed P1 bugs. Fo example the one with audio skippings some frames and getting out of sync with the video.
Instead of fixing the problems, they realeased a new version, P2. And now we are seeing the same thing happening again. DJI is not fixing the bugs, and will probably release a new version, P3, with lots of great features, that only a few of them work properly.
2021-11-18
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

A simple rule one should apply before buying any camera is that make a list of features which the camera has & then dig deeper & ask youtube reviewers what the camera cant do? that way you get to know the limitations which in my case I got to know sadly after buying the pocket 2 & started a thread Dji Pocket 2 limitation of features user be aware before buying
2021-11-18
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

The DJI representatives have said in another thread there is going to be another update for the Pocket 2, but also saying some of the issues are hardware limitations that cannot be fixed through firmware updates. At least they are saying they are working on fixing the 4K tracking. Hoping for the best... My wish for the firmware update would be the ability to shoot and use an AC adapter at the same time, but I'm not sure if it's possible to fix via firmware or not...
2021-11-19
Use props
Pimpmero82
lvl.1

Singapore

I think the Pocket 2 is a freaking great little vlogging travel camera to do personal filming incognito if you just want stable/sharp 4k 24fps/30fps footage, or motion timelapses
(you can't just whip out a huge gimbal and Mirrorless camera without people staring or calling the cops or mall security)

To be neutral, I understand its a good little device, I really wanted to buy it, even walked into a DJI store with my credit card, played around with it for a good 20 mins, then walked out WITHOUT it (I was told by the staff the next version is coming either in July or August 2022)

Why did I not buy it despite wanting it soooooo badly? Well, After years of bad purchases, and hours of research on this device, I realized despite it being something I wanted, it lacked a FEW things for my own needs, I like to keep things for very long and use them until they die, resurrect them cause they still can be used, then keep them for memories' sake cause they helped me create good ones.
Breaking down into form factor then recording/usage capabilities

FORM
1. The screen is just too small, yes we can use our phones but that defeats the whole purpose of having a small form factor device
2. Standard set doesn't come with a tripod, even if it did, there's no standard thread hole to insert a 3rd party one like my mini gorillapod, you need to insert the tripod mount for this basic function, and the combo creator tripod feels flimsy unlike the Ulanzi ones.

VIDEO
1. Didn't like that the 4k 60fps loses quality and turns into BATTERY SAVER mode
2. Timelapse/Hyperlapse is only HD quality

USAGE ISSUES
1. Battery is not removeable, and it charges the phone if using the app....
2. Menu system isn't that intuitive

SUGGESTION for #DJIPOCKET3

a) Slightly bigger form factor with slightly bigger screen and a standard thread hole at the base, I honestly don't mind it slightly bigger cause it will then, HOPEFULLY have a larger sensor for even better quality and low light performance. And change the standard tripod, feels too flimsy
b) Better menu system, more intuitive
c) Battery saver is optional NOT MANDATORY FOR 4K 60FPS, and it comes with a display warning (BATTERY SAVER REDUCES THE QUALITY OF YOUR VIDEO TO HD FUNCTION ETC....)
d) Timelapse/Hyperlapse have resolution options, HD, 2.7k or 4k... (or even auto timelapse creator like it does but output in your optional resolution and show the memory consumed) also had like insta360's app a motion blur option?

Again it is a great little device, but if DJI comes up with the Pocket 3 with THESE suggestions even at SGD999/-, I'll buy it in a heartbeat!
2021-12-2
Use props
djiuser_zkn9ZOVmvNgP
lvl.1
United States

I agree, not everything has to made a s thin/small/light as possible lately. Just like I don't need a laptop that's is so thin, its bordering on folding like tin foil, I don't need the Pocket Series to fit inside my mouth either.  At some point it becomes silly on a very practical level.

I would gladly buy a slightly larger Pocket model that had a more practical size screen that you could, at least make actual image decisions on. And the unit would actually be a bit easier to hold onto with a bit more heft to it. It is terribly fragile at it's current size and weight.

And modern 4k features are a must for any type of video device in 2021 or later. 4k time-lapse, Power Management features, Camera Profiles are all really just basic tools in this day and age.
2021-12-4
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

djiuser_zkn9ZOVmvNgP Posted at 12-4 00:18
I agree, not everything has to made a s thin/small/light as possible lately. Just like I don't need a laptop that's is so thin, its bordering on folding like tin foil, I don't need the Pocket Series to fit inside my mouth either.  At some point it becomes silly on a very practical level.

I would gladly buy a slightly larger Pocket model that had a more practical size screen that you could, at least make actual image decisions on. And the unit would actually be a bit easier to hold onto with a bit more heft to it. It is terribly fragile at it's current size and weight.

I agree on the size point of view. I personally think the Pocket 2 already feels a little too tiny without the DIA handle, and a bit bigger size would help ergonomics and screen size.
2021-12-4
Use props
djiuser_uG4peZWIyrva
lvl.1
United States

kfh Posted at 11-7 09:02
I went back to using - mainly - my smartphones. And I bought a small, light smartphone gimbal. Overall quality far, far better than the Pocket 2 (or the Osmo Pocket) I have. Not a DJI. Never again. After three DJI products, I've learned my lesson ;-)

This also gave me new options for handling high quality (up to 32-bit float WAV) audio in interesting, still very low weight, ways (up to full AmbiX surround sound).

Unless you bought some nice, expensive mics to use, that 32 bit wan float means nothing.
2021-12-27
Use props
Phanguin
lvl.1
United States

I'm not posting this to have a heated argument about why h265 is better than h264 or vice versa. So just hear me out on this.

I know I may be asking for too much from the pocket 3. But please give the option to support h265, not just for more video storage but mainly for the people that livestream with their mobile hotspot. Yes youtube only supports h264 and RTMP does not support h265, but SRT protocol does if you're able to implement it to the DJI. Most streamers use OBS to stream to all platform anyways and it can convert h265 back to h264.

My logic behind this is that mobile data is expensive and bandwidth varies in certain area. With SRT, it'll alleviate most of the mobile data issues. IRL streamers will be able to livestream with higher quality and uses less data at the same time. I'll understand if the DJI p3 uses too much computing power and overheats too quickly due to the compact size and the encoding. But if this is possible, streamers will buy this in a heartbeat because all you'll really need is your phone, the DJI, and maybe an external battery too. Versus the traditional backpack full with mobile hotspot with 2-4 SIM, router, video encoder, wires, a gimbal and camera.

The problem I'm having with hotspot and RTMP is that i'm able to only have a stable livestream at 480p/720p. With SRT, I would be able to easily stream 1080p at 1.5 Mbps upload and with less lag between interacting with viewers.

Just a food for thought.
2022-1-4
Use props
fanse5103708
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I don’t see all the BS about the Pocket 2. It performs well for its design purpose. It is my primary on all my kayaking videos. If I had one wish it would be to have “Story Mode” available without the need to plug into your cellphone. I really don’t see a need for a Pocket 3. Many expect the performance of a RED for a $500 price tag. That won’t happen. My 2 cents.
2022-1-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules