Crash in perfect weather, for no reason!
842 25 2021-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379380 ft
Russia

Crash in perfect weather, for no reason!

Hello, on October 22, 2021, my quadcopter crashed. The weather was perfect, it was clear, there was no wind. I took off to a height of 120 meters, flew 200 meters without turning. The remote control reported signal loss, the screen turned black - signal loss. I was pressing the home button. There was no reaction. I ran to a point on the map. When I came, I saw that my quadcopter was lying on the ground with the camera torn off and broken, the lights were flashing, it was working. What caused the crash? The quadcopter was bought in Russia on 10/22/2020. I flew for a year without breakdowns. I ask you to understand the situation and issue a warranty repair or refund. Find the cause of the crash!

https://app.airdata.com/flight/3bb07124e9cd0913b55c9beb16dbc96d

Please HELP

image-25-10-21-09-56.jpeg
2021-10-31
Use props
Tape
lvl.1
Russia

This is Log https://app.airdata.com/flight/3bb07124e9cd0913b55c9beb16dbc96d
2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tape. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before on your DJI drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to assist you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2021-10-31
Use props
Tape
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-31 22:27
Hello there Tape. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before on your DJI drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to assist you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.

I haven't been able to contact them for a week. I ask you to help and decipher the flight LOGS. The flight was in perfect conditions. Why did the equipment fail?
2021-10-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your battery was fully charged and you had only flown for half a minute when things came unstuck.
The drone was in stable flight at 380 ft.
The pitch, roll and yaw data show no indication of a collision.
The data just stops at 36.7 seconds, indicating a complete power loss which caused the crash.

The data stopped 1 second after you started rotating the drone clockwise at max rate while ascending and flying forward at max speed.
If the battery was not clicked in properly, or if it was swollen, this might have dislodged it enough to break the power connection.
This may not have happened at all, in which case the incident was caused by some other rare hardware fault.

2021-10-31
Use props
Tape
lvl.1
Russia

Labroides Posted at 10-31 22:45
Your battery was fully charged and you had only flown for half a minute when things came unstuck.

the battery was inserted and snapped when I found the copter on the ground - it was working, the power was on, the gun was going forward, I was not spinning the drone, it was just flying forward. I don't understand what caused the fall. the battery was fully charged and serviceable.
why the power went out, why the drone began to rotate. I didn't rotate it with the joystick. what went wrong?
I updated the firmware the day before a day ago . Maybe something went wrong?
2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tape Posted at 10-31 22:29
I haven't been able to contact them for a week. I ask you to help and decipher the flight LOGS. The flight was in perfect conditions. Why did the equipment fail?

Hi, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. We would recommend you apply for an online repair request because the crash may bring some potential risks to your aircraft. If you want to know the data analysis in advance of the repair. We may suggest you contact our support through email first. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2021-10-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tape Posted at 10-31 23:11
the battery was inserted and snapped when I found the copter on the ground - it was working, the power was on, the gun was going forward, I was not spinning the drone, it was just flying forward. I don't understand what caused the fall. the battery was fully charged and serviceable.
why the power went out, why the drone began to rotate. I didn't rotate it with the joystick. what went wrong?

I didn't say that the drone's movements caused the problem.
I just analysed your data to see what clues it might have had.
For the sake of completeness, I mentioned the drone's movements and the possibility that if the battery was swollen and not fitting properly, it might have been a factor.
Sudden loss of power incidents are frustrating because the actual cause of the incident is oftern not able to be found.

I was not spinning the drone, it was just flying forward.
I didn't rotate it with the joystick. what went wrong?
Your flight data includes your joystick inputs which were:
For the last 1.2 seconds of the flight ....
Throttle 100% up
Rudder 100% clockwise
Elevator 100% forward
These are all confirmed by the corresponding movements of the drone climbing, flying forware and rotating clockwise.

Something went wrong, but it won't have had anything to do with the firmware update.

2021-10-31
Use props
Tape
lvl.1
Russia

Labroides Posted at 10-31 23:41
I didn't say that the drone's movements caused the problem.
I just analysed your data to see what clues it might have had.
For the sake of completeness, I mentioned the drone's movements and the possibility that if the battery was swollen and not fitting properly, it might have been a factor.

the battery was perfect. she's fine right now. I don't think she was the reason.

is it when you press the joystick forward, up and turn, it should turn off and fall? the flight was in normal mode.
2021-10-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tape Posted at 10-31 23:47
the battery was perfect. she's fine right now. I don't think she was the reason.

is it when you press the joystick forward, up and turn, it should turn off and fall? the flight was in normal mode.
Not sure what you are asking about.
I was just reporting what your joystick inputs were.
No those joystick inputs would not cause the drone to shut down.
But if the battery fit was not good, there's a slim possibility that suddenly adding full right rudder might have helped a poorly fitting battery to move enough to break the power connection.
2021-11-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 10-31 22:45
Your battery was fully charged and you had only flown for half a minute when things came unstuck.

Hi Labroides,

Did you noticed the last record for Motors state?

Normally when the logs stops suddenly than the last record is a normal filled record with normal data.
Not in this log....

If the MotorsOff really tells the actual On/Off....

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-11-1
Use props
Tape
lvl.1
Russia

Labroides Posted at 11-1 00:04

I am completely sure that the battery was inserted correctly. I always seal it tightly. the drone was serviceable. and the battery always lasted well.
2021-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 11-1 01:37
Hi Labroides,

Did you noticed the last record for Motors state?

The software I used didn't show that
2021-11-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 11-1 02:39
The software I used didn't show that

oke, but is in in the CSV file last record.
2021-11-1
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

It seems likely that he unintentionally did an emergency motor stop.
2021-11-1
Use props
Tape
lvl.1
Russia

MisterFrag Posted at 11-1 21:05

why did he make it? there is no reason for this
2021-11-1
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I thought I was the only one who had this thought. Who dares to fly the maneuver from "Tape"?
2021-11-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

don`t think so, the CSC command takes little time to act on the stick commands, few records are seen in the log with the sticks in that CSC position.
Not in this log.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-2
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 11-2 00:11
don`t think so, the CSC command takes little time to act on the stick commands, few records are seen in the log with the sticks in that CSC position.
Not in this log.

I don't really believe in it either ... I had to trigger an emergency stop in a cyclone, that actually takes about 3 seconds – in an emergency, an eternity.
2021-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tape Posted at 11-1 22:10
why did he make it? there is no reason for this

why did he make it?
There is no reason for this

No he did not make CSC and there is no reason to start this rumour.
His joystick inputs are all shown in the flight data and if you can't read flight data, I clearly explained his joystick inputs earlier.
I said:
For the last 1.2 seconds of the flight ....
Throttle 100% up
Rudder 100% clockwise
Elevator 100% forward

That is nothing like CSC
2021-11-2
Use props
Tape
lvl.1
Russia

I want to say again that I flew in normal mode. and I 've been flying for 2 years . I have experience. the flight was going normally, I was flying straight with a small climb.
the first thing that happened was the loss of the signal. black screen. the crash.
2021-11-2
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 11-2 02:48
why did he make it?

But does not match the GPS data.
2021-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DaMa Posted at 11-2 05:03
But does not match the GPS data.[view_image]

What does not match GPS data?
2021-11-2
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-1 00:04

I performed what would probably be an ill advised test to understand the actions of the system if the battery were to become loose. Keep in mind this was a non-flying stationary test, so perhaps the added variables of being in flight, and moving may have effects on the observed results.  However when I had good comm established with the Drone (MA2) and attempted to dislodge the battery (Removed it in the standard way) I actually got a message in the FlyApp letting me know the battery suffered an installation error.  
Test Set-up: Samsung Galaxy S9 (Andriod v10), MA2 with RC, DJI Fly App v.1.4.12(1430-offical)

Screen capture from test

Screenshot_20211102-095009.jpg

I was also wondering about the "screen going Black" comment.  I have experimented (probably ill advised) with simulated loss of comm, I have never see the Fly app screen go black with any situation I could put the drone in?  As long as the Smart device was connected to the RC I have always had access to menus and the rest of the App screen info? the message that apears when no signal is present is "Aircraft not connected to RC".  Then once I remove the ball of aluminum foil from around the RC, it estabishes comm right away. Never seen a loss of comm with the drone crash the app and make the screen go black?  Maybe I'm just lucky?
2021-11-2
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-2 02:48
why did he make it?

Throttle 100% up, Rudder 100% clockwise, Elevator 100% forward

Is that a full out upwards, clockwise spiral then? Like a helix?

2021-11-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAYTONA392 Posted at 11-2 10:12
Throttle 100% up, Rudder 100% clockwise, Elevator 100% forward

Is that a full out upwards, clockwise spiral then? Like a helix?

... Yes    .......
2021-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules